Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
~Sims 3 Garden Thread~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:51 am
Lately, I've been getting into gardening in the sims 3. I love the variety of foods you can make, and interesting combos like watermellon pancakes. I love growing ingredients for the recipies, simply because it all seems slightly more realistic.

I just recently downloaded a house from Thesims3.ea.com that had a huge garden in the backyard that includes everything from uncommon seeds, flame fruit, and life fruit to watermellon, potatoes, and tomatoes.

It's interesting the vast variety of plants your sim can grow. I'm reletively new to the whole gardening thing, yet, I do see a lot of my older sims (those who have retired, espeically) that have a lot more time on their hands doing more gardening.

Anyone have any gardening tips? Tricks? Stories?

The tips that I have to offer is:
1) Sims in the household with a large garden should be a part of the science career track because they need that garden to boost needed skills, as well as fill requests for the science facility.

2) Buying a sprinkler for every two rows of plants saves time put into gardening and also saves the garden on those days where your sim is just too tired to work. Make sure you shut them off within a day (in the game time) so that your plants don't die from overwatering.

3) Put most ingredients in the fridge, at least the important ones such as life fruit, so that your sim doesn't accidently cook them into their next batch of pancakes. When your sim is out and about, make sure you have a few pieces of fruit, for this gives your sim something to eat while they're out, so that they don't have to search for food or stop what they're doing to go back home and make a meal.

Another site that's useful:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/gardening/

=)
Happy Gardening.

I'll see if I can get pictures of my garden up to show you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:46 pm
I love gardening! I never had the seasons in sims 2, I'm so grateful the skill came with base game. Its profitable too, so you can almost make a career out of it and be a farmer.

I like how it compliments cooking and fishing. Also if your handy you can upgrade the sprinkler to auto-water every morning!

Once you get your gardening skill up high enough, you get opportunities from the supermarket to unlock the cheese, egg, meat, and omni plants. And you can find special seeds to grow flamefruit, lifefruit, deathfruit, and money trees! I like money trees the best cool  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:04 pm
Ooh! I didn't know that about the handy skills. I'll have to boost my sim's skills.

You absolutely can make a career out of it easily, unless your bills are over 2k like mine. XD

I knew about the flamefruit and lifefruit, but nothing about the deathfruit and money trees.

Maybe I should make a little graph thing about the different plants?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:54 pm
I found this link for gardening that helps too.
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gardening_(The_Sims_3)

I have a young couple that garden last name of Dirtgrubber. He fishes for the fertilizers and she cooks the best meals for him.  

Grandma Snoodle

1,550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:36 pm
Gardening is cool. I always fertilise my plants!
I can never the Auto-Water upgrade to work properly. I give it the upgrade, but it just stays on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Turn the sprinkler off and with the auto sprinkle it should turn on at 4am and water until 6am. Something like that. The first few times mine came on it wouldn't go off but after I used it for about three Sim days, turining it off manually, then it worked fine.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50