Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Molly's Range Report (Finally!) & learnings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:08 pm
I tried out my black powder pistol (aka Molly) for the first time today. Overall it functioned flawlessly and it seems to be very accurate (I am not). Conveniently enough, the spent caps fall off after they are used. I also only had a slight problem with a mutilated one that wanted to stay on though. Caps can also get very hot when they fall in between your hands and get stuck. Black powder shooting was about what I expected it to be; a lot of loading but so worth it. Here's a picture of the target I used at 25 yds.
User Image

Today was also my first real visit to an actual range. It was only $15 to shoot all day and you could bring your own targets and ammo if you so choose. 2 paper targets are supplied when you pay. I really liked the fact that they didn't really care what you brought, as long as you didn't do anything stupid. (also as long as it wasn't anything more than a .50 machine gun) The people there were from every skill level, from new to OPERATOR OPERATOR, but all were nice and used a lot of common sense. I will definately return in the future.

Now for the learnings:

-Nuggets are LOUD and FIREBALL
-.50 Barrett is louder still
-more people around here have AKs than ARs
-AKs throw brass really far (seriously, a guy 25' form me was hitting me in the head!)

Now that I know I have a place to actually shoot a rifle, I want that AK even more now.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:19 pm
Damn, I still need to get a job so I can go out to Cordova Shooting Center. $15 for entry, $15 to rent out a rifle, $.50 for extra targets, whatever it costs for ammo, and $25 for three shots on a Barrett or whatever the .50 rifle is.  

Solo The FireLion

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 am
Solo Spirit Master
Damn, I still need to get a job so I can go out to Cordova Shooting Center. $15 for entry, $15 to rent out a rifle, $.50 for extra targets, whatever it costs for ammo, and $25 for three shots on a Barrett or whatever the .50 rifle is.

I got excited for a second there until I realised we were thinking of the same town...in different states.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games