Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Quests [OOC]
[Q] -- pinchy's quest for support (and others).

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:47 am
x-------w e l c o m e

Welcome to my quest thread. As it stands I currently have all the funds I need to nab a spot when one opens up, I just really need a place where I can work through ideas and powers for various SoA concepts (both god & mortal).

So this thread is back in bizniz. I've gotten my domain approved for Rowena, but I have a few other ideas burbling around in my brain that want out, too!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:13 am
x---- R o w e n a /// Goddess of Support

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Domain: Support. Her name is Rowena.

Existing Overlapping Domains: I don't think there are any. This domain was suggested to me by SoA Gods! :3

Physical Description: (I really want her to look lovely, so if ideas posted here don't look nice, CC is in full effect. I just request that the color purple is used, as it was my mothers favorite color.) A pale purple, almost white Lioness. Deeper purple socks fade into the lightness of her fur. Her hair is very long, deep purple-black at the roots and fading to a light lavender at the ends. The tips of her hair end in tight corkscrew curls. Her tail is full and thick. Her eyes are a deep green. She is covered in deep purple "splotches" like a cow.

She wears a gold bracelet with five gems on it:
Ruby.
Diamond.
Blue Topaz.
Pink Tourmaline x 2.

She also wears a white carnation tucked behind her ear.

Rowena does not have wings. If the artist feels like it, I'd like for her to have a small green frog familiar.

Concept: In 2004 I lost my mother to complications of a stroke. Though Rowena's domain would no longer be "Grief" I think "Support" fits as well; my family and friends drew together to support each other after our loss. All of her colors and jewelry have meaning: the gold bracelet with the gems signifies a gold necklace I got upon my mother's death, and the gems are the birthstones of my mother, myself, my brother and our youngest two siblings. The carnation signifies my mother's favorite flower. Purple was her favorite color. She decorated her bathroom in frogs, hence the frog familiar. Rowena was my mother's middle name.

Ro will be a terribly kind Goddess with hardly a mean bone in her body. Kind-hearted and very helpful (almost to the point of annoyance) she wants to offer her assistance to any and all who might need it. She enjoys spending time with mortals (more than she does the other Gods) and is usually found in the mortal realm making friends.

Though kind, Ro is also very quiet. She is unobtrusive and somewhat of a wallflower until she senses someone that needs her assistance. She truly is a Goddess of the mortals, finding contentment in her ability to make their lives less straining and painful.

--> If you have already figured out powers, this will help us!
--> Submitting powers is usually optional, except for gods with broad or unusual domains.
Temporary Powers: [Up to three. Be very specific with what they can do/can't do.]
1 - Sight: Can use this power to sense mortals who need support of one kind or another (A shoulder to cry on, mainly). Pretty simple power. Mortals have to be near the Goddess, within eyesight. She will see the severity of the current situation troubling the mortal by way of auras that surround the mortal; lighter auras indicate less severity, while darker colors show a terrible situation that the mortal is struggling with. Cannot be used on other Gods.
2 - Sustain: If near the Goddess, mortals are overcome with the feeling that they can overcome whatever is troubling them in their life. They must be within eyesight of the Goddess (effect is not blocked by rocks/trees/etc. As long as the mortal is within a reasonable range, the mortal will feel the effect of this power); once out of range, the power fades.
3 - Clarity: Provides a mortal with the clarity to think through their troubles, allowing them to come to a conclusion or a way free from a particular situation.
Permanent Power: Soothe: Goddess can remove any current negative feelings about a particular situation, be they remorse, sadness, hurt, anger. This cannot be done often, nor can it be done to those cursed by another God. It can only be done once per mortal. Ro would take these feelings on to herself, bearing them for the mortal so that they will not have to. She will then feel these emotions, though to a lesser degree; it is still a very demanding power to use and drains Rowena, weakening her mentally and physically.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:06 pm
I want to increase the Mainyu family's numbers; though Angra and Spenta are doing well on their own, I want to custom other members of the family.

Zurvan's younger sisters. (Aunts). ((Possibly twins?))
Quote:
Light blues, pinks, purples, yellows. Pastel. Same face/tail/toe markings. No swirls; I believe Angra and Spenta got those from their mother. She will have the wing markings, though. A light base coat.

Zurvan's older brother. (Uncle).
Quote:
Black, deep red, golds. Deep, dark colors. Same face/tail/toe markings. No swirls, will have wing markings.

More ideas:  
[OOC] Quests [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff