Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
A baby is crashing my game!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esora2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:45 pm
I recently resurrected Reinelle and had her marry a sim I made in the Create A Sim. She got pregnant, and while having the baby, I saved. However, when she continued through labour, everytime I get the "there's a new member of house the stork is getting his knots straightened out" or whatever, the game crashes, and I think the game can't have the baby. I've tried to have babies with other families on other lots and they come out just fine, it's just this baby.

Another factor in this baby is that it's father (the create a sim) was created with bool prop on to get the skin and clothes of the Human Statue. I'm thinking it's his grey colored skin or his genes or something, but I don't know.

Is there any way I can fix this? If not, how can I get rid of Reinelle while in labour without getting rid of the other members of the household??  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:58 pm
Wow... that happend to me too. But that was because I modded the crap out of my game. If you have a lot of mods, there's a chance that that baby picked up one.

I'm not too experienced with boolprop, so I'm not entirely sure how that works with the skins. I'm guessing that if something shouldn't be there that is there, that could easily mess the whole thing up, especially when having a baby brought in.

I don't think you can do much about the baby, as of now... because it's already been done and saved (I'm guessing) so the only thing to do would be to kill her? =/ I hate saying that.

Anyways, easy way to kill her is get her in a room ASAP. Any room. Make sure you keep pausing it every now and then to give your curser amp enough time before her actually going into labor. TAke all of the doors off ,and set a lit fireplace in there. Either that, or use maxmotives and just drain all of her motives.

I'm sorry that I'm not much help. =/

Darth Kosher

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:44 am
If the father has the normally hidden mannequin (grey) skintone used in bodyshop then yes, this will be the issue with your baby. As it was never intended to be used in game there is no skin in the file for babies so the game is trying to assign something that doesn't exist which is causing the problem.

This fix at modthesims should solve your problems though http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=292423
It provides the missing files the game needs to let a mannequin baby be born.  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games