Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
The Most Forgotten FF Game Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arcosi Knight

Girl-Crazy Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:34 am
When you think of Final Fantasy, the first characters most people think of are Cloud and Tidus (maybe Chocobos)

Then you have a few characters in between, specifically Squall and Cecil in my opinion.

But there are also 'forgotten characters'. Sure, with 2 and 3j being Japanese only games (bar 3's remake for the DS) and most people only know Luneth (aka Onion Knight) and Firion thanks to Dissidia. People generally know side party characters in the other two groups better than this one. You'll probably ring more bells mentioning Tifa than Firion.

So barring 2 and 3, what FF title do you think is the most forgotten (and please tell us if you think its more forgotten than those other two saps)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:01 am
hmmm... I think there was a game called Final Fantasy Adventure in which followed a story similar to FFI. Does that count? Also I don't hear people talking about the Warriors of Light of FFI.  

Sexy Pervy Sage

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:13 pm
Well... counting main games only, I might have to go with XI. sweatdrop It's the only one that I personally don't know, actually, and I know a lot of people are like me; unwilling to pay monthly for it.

I agree with II and III other than that, though. To be honest, I just didn't like II. confused The characters seemed really boring, and the plot wasn't that great, either... I'll be honest though; I didn't get very far at all, so I can't say if it gets better. I did like III though. I've only played the DS version, but I love Luneth to death. I feel like it would be more popular if it hadn't gotten so gypped as far as releases go, but at least we got a remake. smile

I wouldn't say the original game is forgotten, necessarily. Not as many people have played it as the later games, but still more than II or III, and a lot more people know about it. I'm sure plenty of people who have never even touched it can still quote Garland. xp

If you can count un-numbered games... jeez, I'm sure there are a couple I've never even heard of. There's just so many. Final Fantasy Adventure's a good guess, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:42 pm
I'm actually familiar with Firion, and I don't have Dissidia. I had the game for the Gameboy Advanced, but before that I had and still have it on, I think it's called Origins, which has I and II, so no, II isn't strictly a Japanese game with no translated version (unless they're totally different). In fact, I try to play II occasionally, but I have trouble getting far in it (It's a hard game to play, so is I), but I actually do like them.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Caerwyn_Tactics

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 am
I'd like to mention the ORIGINAL Final Fantasy Tactics that was released for Playstation. They made spinoffs of it for the GBAdvanced (horrible games) and they Re-released the original title for the PSP with movie scenes, voices, new characters and classes, etc. (Amazing remake)

But out of ALL the games that take place in the world of Ivalice, no one seems to remember where it ALL Started from:

Final Fantasy Tactics.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:59 pm
I would have to say that FFX-2 was kind of forgettable.  

Crazy_Little_Red_Head102

2,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Colonel Kerr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:54 pm
Caerwyn_Tactics
I'd like to mention the ORIGINAL Final Fantasy Tactics that was released for Playstation. They made spinoffs of it for the GBAdvanced (horrible games) and they Re-released the original title for the PSP with movie scenes, voices, new characters and classes, etc. (Amazing remake)

But out of ALL the games that take place in the world of Ivalice, no one seems to remember where it ALL Started from:

Final Fantasy Tactics.
Finally someone gets it! I love Tactics to the death. Even the one for playstation that was amazing. And the PSP remake was and still is one of my fav games of all times.The CGI scenes made me and my brother( Die hard tactics fans since we were 6) gasp and smile so much my jaw hurt. Final Fantasy Tactics original/War of the Lions forever!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:56 pm
9?  

Ezreal Goes Exploring

Dapper Informer

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Santisimo

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:12 pm
The names of the four heroes of light from FF-III? Yeah... Can't remember there name...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:35 pm
There was a Final Fantasy Tactics game BEFORE the one for the PS?  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:12 pm
My brother has this original game boy Final Fantasy game, I can't quite remember the name of it (maybe it was that Final Fantasy Adventure one mentioned earlier) but sometimes after battle the monsters would drop a piece of meat that could turn your characters into something else like a mutant or a baby dragon.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:13 pm
In truth Final Fantasy Legends and Final Fantasy Adventure aren't actually final fantasy games. Adventure is actually Sword of Mana. While the 3 Legends games are in the SaGa series. In america they tacked Final Fantasy onto the titles to make them sell better. ^_^  

ozxander

Dangerous Vampire

6,475 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

ContrabassClarinetist

6,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:58 pm
Ya know, I've never heard anybody even mention Final Fantasy VIII before joining this guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:38 pm
ContrabassClarinetist
Ya know, I've never heard anybody even mention Final Fantasy VIII before joining this guild.

Huh, that's interesting. It was my first Final Fantasy, and it's still one of my favorites... It's not as big as VII, or X or XIII now, I guess, but I'd have still guessed it was more well-known that most.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out