Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Opinions needed for a Knight character's item.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should my Knight character's special item be?
An energy shield
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Some sort of weapon
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
A magical sensor
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Something else
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

Redford Blade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:44 am
Well, I've just put the finishing touches on my Knight character, but I'm thinking ahead to later in the RP. I'm trying to come up with another transformation, a true Knight form (like Endymion's), with armor and everything.

My character, also named Redford Blade, was from a minor noble family of the Earth Kingdom, and served under Prince Endymion during the battle with the Negaverse forces. He died alongside his Prince, and was among those sent to Earth to be reborn. He has emotional influence over Tranquility/Excitement. Redford's Knight form gives him armor, a sword, and a special item on his armor's left arm.

Now, I haven't quite decided what to make the item. I'm trying to go by the rules given in the Sailor Moon RPG Sourcebook, but they can cover just about anything, so the device can be just about anything. At first, I thought to maybe make it a shield emitter, but then I realized that there might be better uses, since the armor already provides damage resistance. So, tell me your ideas. Like I said, it can be just about anything, but I'd prefer ideas that might fit his background (a Knight from Earth, his emotion of influence, etc.) So, what do you have?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:05 am
A small storage space, perhaps intended to double as a courier's pouch. Or a small medical kit.  

lightsenshi

Syndrama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:07 am
Looking at Endymion and Adonis... the Knight formula =

• Should be tied to a senshi through love, be it forbidden or not... more frequently it's disallowed by one thing or another. In Adonis' case, it was one sided... poor guy.
  • Armor is iffy, Endymion only had it because he was a Prince, I don't believe Adonis ever wore anything but a shoulder guarded uniform (not as Danburite, I mean as Adonis himself)
  • A single power is used, usually focussed through an object. For Endymion, the Earth itself, for Adonis, fortune telling.
  • A single weapon is in use, usually tied to the useage of the knight's power. For Endymion, a cane or sword (I don't count the roses, that was just a romantic twist for the anime). For Adonis, a simple deck of cards.

Hope that helped 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:17 am
Honestly, I don't trust the Resource book, it was originally written by people who only saw the first season and the parts of the second that aired before the break off. They didn't know who Demando was, who Emeraude was, and they went with mostly fanrumors for that information. It eventually got updated, but with even more errors in it. It essentially allows and encourages you to make characters that go against the source rules. I'd just use your common sense, not the book.  

Syndrama

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

64,025 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:28 pm
If your focus is on tranquility/excitement, how about some sort of mirage creating device for that arm item?

I dislike the RPG sourcebook only in the fact that it made knights fall under emotions instead of also being elements. Having said that, I have an example from that guide which I made up, which I'll put below.

However, note that I didn't pay attention to spent points, so I'm probably overpowered. But this is merely an example of how that system works anyways. The one to notice is unique attribute, which you would connect to an item of power.

---

Mercury Knight

Body 6
Mind 8
Soul 6

Knight Power 5 (numbers denote level)
-Transformation (armor) requires ring (similar to pen senshi use)
-Telepathic link (strength of fallen)

Combined attacks 2 (2 other characters)
-with another knight
-with planet's senshi

Elemental Control Ice 5
Item of Power -Armor 2, Transformed Armor 5
Knight Attack - sword 3, lilies 3, axe 6

Acrobatics 3
Appearance 2
Combat Mastery 3
Focused Combat-Aerial 1, Sword 1, Knight Attack 1
Heightened Knight Power 5
Special Melee Attack - stab 3
Special Defense - resist water 3, resist fire 3
Speed 1
Supernatural training 1

Unique Attrib- healing power 3, force field 2

Defects:
Attack gestures sword 1, lilies 1, axe 2
Attack restriction (not vs planet's senshi) 1
Attack words axe 2, lilies 1
Item Dependency sword, axe, ring 2
Powered after transformation 0 (only for armor and axe)
Recurring nightmares 1 (prophecies)
Servitude 1 (senshi and/or mercury and moon kingdoms)

(I have other info in my sig link, but that is specific for tay)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:39 pm
~Alechsa~
Honestly, I don't trust the Resource book, it was originally written by people who only saw the first season and the parts of the second that aired before the break off. They didn't know who Demando was, who Emeraude was, and they went with mostly fanrumors for that information. It eventually got updated, but with even more errors in it. It essentially allows and encourages you to make characters that go against the source rules. I'd just use your common sense, not the book.

If you're doing the RPG from the source book, you kinda have the follow the rules, at least to an extent.

Redford, I think you should have it be kinda like the gems from Magic Knight Rayearth. The MK (Magic Knights) used the gems to hold their swords and armor until they were needed. You could do that too, only through a gauntlet or something like that.  

Darkness Cake

Syndrama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:24 pm
Roselite Blade

If you're doing the RPG from the source book, you kinda have the follow the rules, at least to an extent.

Redford, I think you should have it be kinda like the gems from Magic Knight Rayearth. The MK (Magic Knights) used the gems to hold their swords and armor until they were needed. You could do that too, only through a gauntlet or something like that.

Then it would be an MKR character, not a SM character. O.o  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:47 pm
~Alechsa~
Roselite Blade

Then it would be an MKR character, not a SM character. O.o

It can be used in a Sailor Moon setting, if done right.  

Darkness Cake

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:08 am
~Alechsa~

• Should be tied to a senshi through love, be it forbidden or not... more frequently it's disallowed by one thing or another. In Adonis' case, it was one sided... poor guy.
  • Armor is iffy, Endymion only had it because he was a Prince, I don't believe Adonis ever wore anything but a shoulder guarded uniform (not as Danburite, I mean as Adonis himself)
  • A single power is used, usually focussed through an object. For Endymion, the Earth itself, for Adonis, fortune telling.
  • A single weapon is in use, usually tied to the useage of the knight's power. For Endymion, a cane or sword (I don't count the roses, that was just a romantic twist for the anime). For Adonis, a simple deck of cards.

Who is Adonis? There is no character from the series named that. If you are going to use someone as an example that we don't know about, please let us know more about them so we have a better understanding of who you are talking about.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:58 am
He also needs a nice thong! Just incase he ever has to take hs clotes off.. 3nodding  

AirAce

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:44 pm
Roselite Blade
~Alechsa~

Who is Adonis? There is no character from the series named that. If you are going to use someone as an example that we don't know about, please let us know more about them so we have a better understanding of who you are talking about.

Adonis = Danburite/Kaitou Ace/The Ace Bandit/Venus Knight. Go to kurozuki.com and read the Sailor V manga sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:32 am
try a sword, dude. you can't go wrong. I'm coming up with my own stuff as well. for a little taste of my work, look at my journal. contained within is the prologue for my Fanfiction. coments please and be nice...  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:27 pm
~Alechsa~
Roselite Blade
~Alechsa~

Adonis = Danburite/Kaitou Ace/The Ace Bandit/Venus Knight. Go to kurozuki.com and read the Sailor V manga sweatdrop

Ah! I get it now. See, I've never read the Sailor V manga and I didn't know there was a knight character for it. Sorry for sounding so negative about it. I wish they'd translate it...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:37 pm
Roselite Blade
Ah! I get it now. See, I've never read the Sailor V manga and I didn't know there was a knight character for it. Sorry for sounding so negative about it. I wish they'd translate it...

Not likely to happen. Unfortunately. crying  

lightsenshi

Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces