Submit

Like?
  yes
  no
  unsure
View Results

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:14 pm
I was flipping through my copy of shotgun news and it looks like the Saiga 12 has some stiff sompetition now from it's eternal rival. American tactical produced an ad for an AR-15 in 12 ga. I'm not sure how or if it works with other AR accessories or uppers, but it looks like a regular AR in the picture. I would post a link or something, but I can't find s**t on it online. I'll just quote the ad instead.

Quote:
What if you could have a shotgun that fired as fast as you could pull the trigger?

What if you could fire 12 gauge slugs from an AR-15 style shotgun?

If you are currently nodding your head and declaring "heck yes!" then this is the gun for you!

available in camo or tactical black
offered with two 5 rd mags, one 2 3/4" and one 3"
interchangable choke tubes - full, mod, imp.
detachable carry handle
20" barrel

MSRP $699.95

Thoughts on this? It certainly has potential, but it doesn't seem like the traditional wingshooter's choice. It really seems like it is more towards a deer gun or some sort of ground shooting/home defense gun.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:11 pm
Already been done. SPAS-15 and USAS-12 are pretty close to the AR.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:54 pm
Sgt Buckner

Yeah, but you can tell them apart pretty easily. This one is identical to the AR, but I'd imagine scaled up a bit.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:41 am
Man of the Demoneye
Sgt Buckner

Yeah, but you can tell them apart pretty easily. This one is identical to the AR, but I'd imagine scaled up a bit.
It's an AR-10. I heard it from the rep last year, they're building it into an AR-10 chassis. If it's anything like the AT-15, it'll be an AR-10 with a new gas system, bolt carrier, and barrel, but everything else will be identical. Meaning if you buy an AR-10 auto trigger group...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:13 am
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Sgt Buckner

It's an AR-10. I heard it from the rep last year, they're building it into an AR-10 chassis. If it's anything like the AT-15, it'll be an AR-10 with a new gas system, bolt carrier, and barrel, but everything else will be identical. Meaning if you buy an AR-10 auto trigger group...

Nice!

Edit: found some pictures on other forums and such.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/02/12/atis-new-12-gauge-ar-15-patterned-shotgun/
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=310097  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:57 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Sgt Buckner

Nice!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/02/12/atis-new-12-gauge-ar-15-patterned-shotgun/
I stand corrected. That monstrosity is as AR as the Armscor M1600. ******** that s**t, that's on my 'do not buy' list now. I wanted an AR-10 design, assholes. God, the stock is even on too crooked to house a buffer system, and there's no charging handle.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:28 am
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
Man of the Demoneye
Sgt Buckner

Nice!

I stand corrected. That monstrosity is as AR as the Armscor M1600. ******** that s**t, that's on my 'do not buy' list now. I wanted an AR-10 design, assholes. God, the stock is even on too crooked to house a buffer system, and there's no charging handle.

Yeah, after I read some more on the company, it seems they have a bad rep. Well, now we know for the future.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:21 pm
Wasn't there an AR chambered for .410?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:50 am
Sgt Buckner
Wasn't there an AR chambered for .410?
Same company, far more useful design. I was expecting an identical design upscaled to the AR-10, but no. Also, it appears they've paused the .410 model AGAIN. Last time they did it it was to fix FTE problems, I think, so it'll probably come back once whatever problem has been fixed.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games