A meeting place for catgirls, catbois and teh people who love them :3 

Tags: Neko, Nekos, Catgirl, Catgirls, Catboy 

Reply The Guild For Nekos and Those Who Love Them
Guild Home Picture Contest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you draw something awesome for the guild?
  Yes! :D
  Noes. I can has gold nao?
View Results

firetiger42
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:49 pm
The crew's been talking about having a contest to draw -traditionally or on the computer- a new picture for the guild home page.

The current picture doesn't fit the guild as well as one drawn by a member could. I was thinking that something with the tavern would be best, but feel free to post any other ideas. Or keep them a secret and make the drawing a surprise. ninja

I don't know how many artists Nekobito Haven has. Vote if you're interested in joining the contest! ...Or for gold. ^^ Not very much has been decided on how the contest will work, so please post ideas for that too. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:51 am
lol guess I can try and dust off my artisic talent again been years seince the last time I tryed to draw anything besides stick figures XD  

Millit Ciger
Vice Captain

Timid Phantom

14,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

2NA
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:08 pm
Hey, if we get enough submissions, maybe we can set up a rotating banner or something...
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:09 pm
Well don't expect anything from me, I can't draw my way out of a paper bag >.>;  

Ayanami Rei First Child
Crew

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Kazrielle

Battle-ready Knight

15,250 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:40 pm
I am highly interested in this... heart

Not sure when I'll have the time to draw (got lots of cosplay stuff to do over the summer for 2 major conventions I'm attending), but when I do, I might make more than one image for everyone to check out and see if it's worthy for the guild.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:23 pm
Rereading the few answers with a smile, Firetiger tries making more specific questions.

Does anyone want to try asking members to include them in the picture, or do you think it should just be all random nekos?
If we don't use a rotating banner, how should a winner or winners be chosen?
Should there be some kind of reward ...and where would that even come from?
And when we finally figure this out, what's a good deadline?

I've been wondering about actually submitting the pictures too. Can you get one from DeviantART to show up as an image on Gaia or do you need to use something like Photobucket?  

firetiger42
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Crew

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:53 pm
Well I think we SHOULD ask the members.

At this point in time I think ANYONE who submits something at least decent will be the winner. NOBODY seems to have done ANY work on it that I'm aware of. I dunno if stuff from DA will work, and if not it's not like putting it up on photobucket will be a big deal.

In terms of a reward, maybe us higher levels could chip in 1-2k each and have that be a prize.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:06 pm
Unfortunately, DA won't work as a picture host for display purposes...
<<;

If you wanted a rotating banner, one of us could just open a new Photobucket account for hosting purposes, so nobody will have to give up bandwidth for it.

As for what it will have in it, that's a good question - do we just put regulars in it, or generic nekos? I might be willing to do a little something, but am currently not able to do anything in color, so I don't think my contribution would really be worthy.
x.x  

2NA
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Crew

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:24 pm
Well a B&W sketch of us Nekos or at least some random ones would be better then nothing I think. At the very least it would be nice to see SOMETHING new <.<;  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:25 pm
Are all 3 of the other people still interested in this? Did anyone start drawing yet, even though no agreements have been made about this and there aren't yet prizes?

I'd like the guild to make the decisions for the contest. Come on, the picture on the introduction to this place is at stake! razz  

firetiger42
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child
Crew

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:41 pm
Well I can offer 10k to whoever wins.

I don't know if anyone has started on it yet.  
The Guild For Nekos and Those Who Love Them

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games