I like both
  I dislike both
View Results

Bunai

Angelic Blob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 pm
The only hint was on Facebook ... no news letter crying
Quote:
MCs are coming on the 15th. Hint: if you're a fan of Eastern folklore or apocalyptic plagues, you might want to pick up a Sealed Envelope. Got any guesses?

I plan to get both, and I hoping to own two of each one.

Harbinger of Pestilence -
(posi) A good Egyptian based MC that will go great with my Gift of God/dess MCs. My fave poses are the sword and the locust, but I like it overall.

(negi) It feels like it is missing One Thing... maybe another swarm?

I think people dislike the color and how basic it looks, but it is complete set.

Princess Kaguya -
(posi) Love this instantly ^_^ because I have been wanting to see if Gaia would create a Heian based item, and to my surprise it appeared! I love the robes, I've bugged DrinkyTengu about making a Juunihitoe last year lol

The hair spilling on at the feet is lovely, more proof that long hair is possible for salons (hope). I wish I could find the artist who created this one, but I just think of Drinky by default since she proved such neat Japanese items over the months.

(negi) I guess the only negative I can think of is the angle, but it doesn't bother me that much.

EDIT: Apr 16
I am working my way to buy two Harbinger and two Kaguya's. Owning double MCs is something I rarely try to accomplish, but for this, it will be worth it.

- Artist of the MCs
warrior_of_boognish = Harbinger
PRISM = Kaguya  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:42 pm
Both are really nice, but I have a feeling Kaguya is going to be the more popular one if for nothing more than the new hair styles.

The robes are gorgeous! Very nicely rendered. Even the screen was well planned. Being able to stand in front of or behind it is a nice touch. I think the only pose I wasn't too impressed with was the pink rabbits. I hate bulky companions =/ Other than that, I think I'm going to hoard this one!

Love all the new armor from Harbinger. The swarm looks a little cluttered around your avi, but I guess that's how it's supposed to look being a swarm and all XD  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:31 am
Love the one with the bunnies. I'm a sucker for almost anything with bunnies. Hate the pestilence one...looks awful in my opinion, especially the swarm.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 am
I like both of them, but the Princess one a little more just because I love the mythology involved with it. Can't really use that much of it thou granted I'm male, so at most I'd probably use the shoji (screen) and the lantern for my Japanese themed avatars. The bunnies aren't exactly what I would like to see (if I want bunnies for Japanese mythology, I'd use the Hermes Moon over these pink bunnies.)

Pestilence is better then the Horsemen (which people seemed to of thought that was what they meant with the hint.) but not to my taste for avatars I'd make. The armor is good, and the swarm has interesting possibilities, but the sword is the only thing that I would be quarantined to use. But I have to agree, the swarm seems bulky.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:53 am
Princess Kaguya is ok, but I will consider buying it after the price drops (I hope it will)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:49 am
I found out about the two artists for the MCs. w00t

lol females do outnumber males on Gaian, so it will be no surprise that Kaguya gets the praise. Sometimes I feel low when people praise one item and bash another. It feels like the Artists have to compete.

*slowly accumulated gold*
Hopefully the prices on both will go down. The hair is what makes Kaguya popular, and the Egyptian them is what makes Harbinger popular... hmm gonna have to take some "sit back and wait" pills before I start snagging anything.  

Bunai

Angelic Blob

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:04 pm
I love both of them.
Quality.

I love the sandals on the Harbinger.
The hair on Princess is gorgeous. I saw someone who layered it with a head wrap (Fremere's I think). And the long pieces were gone and the buns remained. It was pretty.
I like the bunnies. We are having a party!  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:47 pm
got my two of each ^_^ and with gold to boot!
I didn't think I could get them at such certain prices.  

Bunai

Angelic Blob

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces