Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Spring 2011)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:44 pm
What Knux would say if he had the first post : P

Knux The Mighty

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3!

So far with only 3 characters on each side announced: Ryu, Morrigan, and Newcommer Chris Redfield for Capcom and Marvel's Wolverine(Claw), Iron Man, and Hulk. The teaser trailer looks promising showcasing what they mean by a "comic in motion."

Expect to see this a year from now at Q2 of 2011.

Personal Note: I wish to see Cable return as Deadpool is seen in the cover art picture allowing me to make a Deadpool, Cable, Cyclops team.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:58 pm
Once I see some actual gameplay footage, I'll be happier. But still, I'm glad this one isn't a rumor anymore.  

Haratio TaFotter

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:33 pm
Improved first post and made it ∞ times better.

Interview with the Producer of Marvel vs Capcom 3.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:35 pm
I'm hearing conflicting stories about the number of characters in this game.

One site said they are expecting about "30 fighters" in the roster (which would be 26 less than MvC2), but in interviews they said there will be a "healthy dose of new blood" and that there will be more characters than the first, so many that it will "knock your socks off".

Anyways, with SSF4, and MvC3, those two will pretty much lock out the rest of the fighting games in the competitive scene. (Barring SF3 and SF2HD2 since those are timeless)  

nitnit
Captain

AlexxRedd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:17 am
Man I hope Mega Man X can make it into this game! It's about time.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:09 pm
I am pretty sure the roster will be pretty large. 30 fighters just wont cut it! More than likely we can expect Frank West, Wesker(other RE characters), and many others in the Capcom archives. Just kinda wished it went with a slightly different image than SF4.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Terry Batman McGinnis

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:25 am
This game will probably be terrible. DC is over 9000 times better than Marvel.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:27 am
Terry Batman McGinnis
This game will probably be terrible. DC is over 9000 times better than Marvel.

Which is why MK vs DCU is the best fighter ever made and is being played Nationwide tourneys with streams and played at Evo?  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

Terry Batman McGinnis

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:52 pm
Well as a matter of fact, I feel that the game at least accurately portrayed how The Flash would absolutely destroy everyone in that game. But who cares about evo anyways I mean they don't even have real fighting games like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I mean the multiplayer fights in that game are EPIC!!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:30 am
GPL hasn't had a troll this blatant in so long. I'm unsure if this is awesome or terrible.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:32 pm
So 4 more characters have been confirmed: Dante, Felicia, Deadpool, and Captain America!

The total roster is supposed to be a minimum of 30

nitnit
GPL hasn't had a troll this blatant in so long. I'm unsure if this is awesome or terrible.

I find him entertaining lol  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:31 am
Yeah, you can see their outlines in the promotional artwork so it isn't too surprising.

The only outlined character who we (random speculators online) aren't too sure about is Phoenix Wright. You can see what looks like him in one of the promotional pieces, but it seems kind of unlikely he'll be in the game.

I'm hoping they're able to match MvC2's roster. (Though to be fair, MvC2 has a couple "clones" and completely useless joke characters)  

nitnit
Captain

Terry Batman McGinnis

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm
Even though this is Marvel's game I hope they realize that Batman and Superman are far more successful than any of their heroes, and chose to at least attempt to get permission to put them in the game.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games