Reply The Nine Inch Nails Guild
Remixes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CountGrishnak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:20 pm
I know that Flood himself, as well as Meat Beat Manifesto, have done some great remixes. But I'm wishing that Trent would get something from his roots to do a remix. Flesh Eating Foundation, a group from the UK, had recently done a remix of "The Hand That Feeds," which was pretty intriguing.

Here's a list of interesting artists/projects that I'd like to see do a Nine Inch Nails Remix:
:wumpscut:
Velvet Acid Christ
Orbital (if Orbital were still around)
MSI
MINISTRY
Suicide Commando
Funker Vogt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:05 pm
I always thought it'd be sweet if Depeche Mode and NIN did something together. heart  

Almighty Toilet Plunger
Captain

CountGrishnak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:07 pm
Almighty Toilet Plunger
I always thought it'd be sweet if Depeche Mode and NIN did something together. heart
That'd be crazy. Especially if they did it oldschool NIN style with the square synths.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:55 am
D0k70R_4LPH4
Almighty Toilet Plunger
That'd be crazy. Especially if they did it oldschool NIN style with the square synths.

yesssss.  

Almighty Toilet Plunger
Captain

Nice Weather For Ducks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:28 am
What about fan remixes? Has anyone done THTF or Only on the Garageband files he released? I have done a few, but then, I am experienced with music production. I am interested to see if it was a good start for people who wanted to learn more about remixing in general.

On another note, Aphex Twin are douchebags. Their remix on Further Down the Spiral is just a previous Aphex Twin remix that they did for some random other band.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:33 am
Echoing the Sound
What about fan remixes? Has anyone done THTF or Only on the Garageband files he released? I have done a few, but then, I am experienced with music production. I am interested to see if it was a good start for people who wanted to learn more about remixing in general.

On another note, Aphex Twin are douchebags. Their remix on Further Down the Spiral is just a previous Aphex Twin remix that they did for some random other band.
Yeah, the Aphex remix did suck. Well, I'm working on a NIN remix of THTF that I think is coming along nicely. I'm using more of the synthy parts and loosing the guitar. I really wish his songers were less nu - EBM/noise ish, though. Flesh Eating Foundation had used the Garageband files, as am I.  

CountGrishnak

Nice Weather For Ducks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:59 am
That's interesting that you did that, because I decided on more on Drum and Bass stylings for my remixes of THTF. The song is so heavily bass-driven that it is easy to speed it up and remove the vocals. The synth parts in that song were great but there weren't too many of them, so I found it hard to work with just the loops that were included in the package.

For Only I tried more of a "re-mix" in the most literal sense of the word. I kept the structure of the song the same, but I used loops not included with Only and replaced most of the tracks. It works better that way. Only is not as good as song to do, say, a dub interpretation of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:38 am
Echoing the Sound
That's interesting that you did that, because I decided on more on Drum and Bass stylings for my remixes of THTF. The song is so heavily bass-driven that it is easy to speed it up and remove the vocals. The synth parts in that song were great but there weren't too many of them, so I found it hard to work with just the loops that were included in the package.

For Only I tried more of a "re-mix" in the most literal sense of the word. I kept the structure of the song the same, but I used loops not included with Only and replaced most of the tracks. It works better that way. Only is not as good as song to do, say, a dub interpretation of it.
I'm doing an old - school spin on it by basically sequencing the synth part slightly in the middle followed by the guitar. It's going to be a more harsh - sounding with more kick. I'm keeping the bass sound, but I'm doing a variation on it with a square synth bass module. I'm keeping the whole verse chorus verse, but I've decided to rearange the sounds that go with them. But I'll probably take out the "WILL YOU BITE. THE HAND THAT FEEDS?!"  

CountGrishnak

LimeyFish8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:15 pm
i don't know that MSI could do a remix, the two music styles are not cohesive. It would be crazy if they found a way.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:58 pm
LimeyFish
i don't know that MSI could do a remix, the two music styles are not cohesive. It would be crazy if they found a way.

I don't know, man. They covered Tom Sawyer. I think anything's possible now.  

Spuckefeuer

frail_wretched

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:01 pm
NIN have done quite a lot of remixes, theyve remixed N.E.R.D's Lap Dance, 50 Cent's In Da Club (neither of which i like but i dont like RnB anyways), theyve done quite a few with Aphex Twin (whome of which i like, theyre quite good live), Fat Boy Slim remixed Closer (wasnt very good but he was another to add to the list) Coil have remixed a song too (Gave Up), some of J.G Thirlwell's remixes are quite good too.
NIN have also, well i should just say Trent Reznor has produced a few albums for people too, like R Kelly, P Diddy or Puff Daddy or whatever he's actually called now.
If ive totally gone off track of what the original post was about then im sorry lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:42 pm
Yeah, they're two totally exellent bands, but they're sounds are pretty different (which is what makes them so great) It would be pretty hard, but it would sound pretty sweet. 3nodding  

the trenty

devour_the_young

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:01 am
LimeyFish8

Wow haha.
It would either sound awesome, or be the worst sounding thing xp  
The Nine Inch Nails Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces