Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:47 am

User Image
User Image
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:51 am

::Rules::
*Please, no posting; feel free to PM me any ideas/questions/comments
*Abide by all of Gaia's and SoA's rules
*I'm ALWAYS open to RP and plotting. PM me or message me on MSN at wolfskin_@go.com
*Don't be a jerk. That's really my only rule.

[b][align=center]::Basic Info::[/align][/b]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Meaning:[/b]
[b]Obtained:[/b]
[b]RP Color:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b]
[b]Distinguishing marks:[/b]
[b]Colorist:[/b]
[b]Pride/Pack:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Personality[/b]:

[b][align=center]::Friends, Family & Foes: [/align][/b]

[b][align=center]::Miscellaneous Errata::[/align][/b]

[b][align=center]::RP Logs::[/align][/b]

fenshae

Beloved Codger

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:53 pm

User Image
Cause' I'm a picker
I'm a grinner
I'm a lover
And I'm a sinner
playin' my music in the sun
I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a mid-night toker
I get my lovin' on the run

::Basic Info::

Name: Tarina
Meaning: "Story" in Finnish; also goes by Spider
Obtained: RP Contest
RP Color: Darkorange
Theme Song: "The Joker", Steve Miller Band (tentative)
Distinguishing marks: Markings of a red-knee tarantula
Pride/Pack: Nchi'Mahadhi

History: Tarina has always been a rather odd lion, even as a cub; she tended to stay on her own, straying often from her family, and danced to her own beat as it were -- although, in all truth, she didn't do much dancing at all. The spider-marked lioness was a bit clumsy and not overly gifted with musical prowess, something which caused her family great anxiety but never bothered Tarina. Indeed, nothing much at all ever bothered Tarina, and she happily remained in her own thoughts most of the time, daydreaming away her childhood.

When tragedy struck the pride, she was nearly oblivious of it. Indeed, everything happened in such a flurry of activity that she was hardly aware of what was going on, and only learned of her parent's death later, in a sort of hazy unreal way that never quite sunk in to the young lioness. When the old Kima'baba took her and two other cubs away from the pride, fleeing for their safety from the plague that was spreading, Tarina simply decided -- consciously or not -- that she had no family, and moved on.

She continued to spend most of her life with her head in the clouds. She's certainly been trying on their patience; she isn't precisely lazy, but has always had a tendency to start a task and never finish it, and her companions quickly learned that she was not one to entrust with anything important. Still, it was hard not to love the upbeat lioness and she did her part in keeping up morale even during the darkest of hours by amusing her companions with stories.

Now that they are grown, Tarina and her companions have found their way back to the pride, and she is happy to find a place waiting for her as the pride's Sheha -- for storytelling is, in truth, the only useful talent the daydreaming lioness has.

Personality: The thing you have to know about Tarina is that if her lips are moving, she's probably lying. That doesn't mean she's untrustworthy or in any way evil; quite the opposite, she's actually the best lion in the world to tell a secret to because you're guaranteed it will be kept (or at least anybody who hears it won't have a clue what she's talking about). No, the problem is just that Tarina's idea of reality is much more...fluid...than most people's, and she doesn't see anything at all wrong with changing The Way Things Happened to better reflect on The Way Things Are.

In other words, it's a good thing that there's such a position as Sheha (storyteller) in her pride, because otherwise Tarina would never be able to do anything right.

This lioness is upbeat, optimistic, playful and throws herself 100% into everything she does; she's loyal to her pride and proud of her heritage, and will go out of her way to make strangers comfortable. She's flirtatious and sensual and usually the life of any party, and has no shame: she'll do just about anything, so long as it will bring a smile to someone's face. Still, she can come off a bit odd; it's hard to get to know the real Tarina, because it's pretty much impossible to get a straight answer out of her about anything, and her story is always changing. She can't seem to differentiate between stories and true events; in her mind, they are all the same thing, and she doesn't have any problem at all changing the story (be it a factual account or a pridal myth) depending on her whims -- and because, in her mind, there is a larger, more universal Truth that can be ascertained if you cast aside the more mundane accurate details of life. For Tarina, everything is one huge metaphor.

As far as relationships go, Tarina is an easy lioness to befriend and a difficult one to stick around. She tends to prefer the company of cubs to that of adults because cubs tend to be much more forgiving of her pathological lying -- and some even truly understand about Truth.

::Friends, Family & Foes:

::Miscellaneous Errata::

*I loosely based her character off of the Nancy family in Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys (which is an amazing book) and also off of the Pooka class in Changeling: The Dreaming (which is one of the best tabletop RPGs ever). If you're familiar with either of those sources, you'll have a good idea of what you're getting into when you meet this lady.

PLOTS WANTED

Quote:
Pride RP! Tarina's recently stumbled back into the Nchi'Mahadhi and needs some time to settle back in. RP with anybody and everybody in the pride is heart -- I'm still working out the details of how to play her and whatnot so the more randomness I can throw at her, the better.

Quote:
Past/Backlog RP with her adopted family, OR anybody she might have run into in her lone years. She and her companions had been on their own since they were cubs and she's likely run into a whole slew of people.

Quote:
Cubs: Tarina LOVES cubs and is a fantastic bad influence on them. If you want your cubs to have a thoroughly entertaining 'grown-up friend', she is the girl for you!

Quote:
Rogue RP: After she gets settled in a bit with her pride, Tarina is going to go do some wandering in order to collect more stories for her pride and possibly recruit in new members. If you have anybody you'd like for her to randomly meet, let me know and we'll make arrangements.

::RP Logs::

A Long Awaited Reunion -- Tarina and her companions return to pridal lands
Sister Spider Spinning Webs -- Tarina offers some unorthodox relationship advice
Settling In -- Tarina meets some of the younger pride members
Disturbing Thoughts -- Tarina tries to cheer up a younger member
There Could Be a Story Here -- Tarina just...bein' Tarina
A Summer Nap -- Tarina meets a pirate
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:29 pm

User Image

Don't you worry
Sometimes you've just gotta let it ride
The world is changing
Right before your eyes
Now I've found you
There's no more emptiness inside
When we're hungry...love will keep us alive

Name: Zakai
Meaning: clean/innocent in Hebrew
Obtained: RP Contest
RP Color: Darkgoldenrod
Theme Song:
Distinguishing marks: Dark brown bands on forepaw and tail
Pride/Pack: En Gedi

History: Born in a family of four, Zakai barely remembers his family; his mother died when he was quite young, and all of his siblings starved not long after. Zakai was on the verge of death when he was found by a lioness named Chana; she and her mate Yehudah had been having difficulty conceiving their own family, and thus adopted the cub as their own. When Zakai grew a bit older, his parents were gifted with two daughters, and Zakai quickly grew to the role of "big brother".

Recently, the family has come across a pride calling themselves the En Gedi, and have sought to join it for security and companionship. Zakai is thrilled at the opportunity to make new friends!

Personality: A natural-born optimist, Zakai's life is centered on faith and hope. He believes that if things are looking bad, that you need only to wait long enough and things will turn around; there is no such thing as luck or fortune for Zakai, only faith and hope. Although sometimes his faith can lead him to make rash decisions, believing that "everything will work out in the end!" as he rushes headlong into a situation, for the most part Zakai has been very fortunate and his optimism has been supported. He's always the first person to come up with alternate solutions to a problem and keep up everyone's morale in the light of any situation.

Chana - Zakai's adoptive mother, whom he loves as his own and has raised him since he was an infant.

Yehudah -- Zakai's adoptive father; he would do whatever it takes to make his father proud

Talia -- the older of Zakai's two adopted sisters, Talia is a bit rebellious and often tests her limits with her big brother.

Astar -- The younger of Zakai's sisters; she is quite fond of him and much more physically affectionate.

Welcome To The Pride -- Zakai's family are rogues no more
New Kids On The Block -- Zakai and his sister Astar contemplate totems

fenshae

Beloved Codger

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:25 pm

User Image
And with dust in throat I crave
Only knowledge will I save, to the game you stay a slave
Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond
Call me what you will

But I'll take my time anywhere
Free to speak my mind anywhere
And I'll redefine anywhere
Anywhere I roam, where I lay my head is home

Name: Kuhanja
Meaning: "to wander", Swahili
Obtained: Thread event
RP Color: Yellowgreen
Colorist: Ecavi
Theme Song: "Wherever I May Roam", Metallica
Distinguishing marks: Bright green coloration; stripes on legs and cheeks. Red eyes
Pride/Pack: Rogue, looking for a pride

History: Born one of two surviving cubs to a rogue lioness that wasn't quite "normal" mentally, Kuhanja grew up with a very hands-off upbringing that allowed her to become extremely independent...but also instilled in her some rather strange habits. Life wasn't easy for the cub growing up; her mother provided well enough for her and never let her go hungry, to be sure, but she was plagued by a certain paranoia about strangers and the outside world that colored all of her interactions with the world around her.

Kuhanja and her sister were taught to distrust everyone and to avoid all contact with other lions. While her sister took this lesson to heart and became as withdrawn as their agoraphobic mother, Kuhanja could never escape the burning question of why. Why avoid other lions? Why stay away from the world? Why hide and cower and creep under cover of darkness?

She didn't understand it, and spent most of her young life testing her boundaries until, finally, in her adolescence she slipped away from her mother and sister and began wandering, never to return. She missed them, from time to time, but the burning curiosity was enough to keep her from going back -- and besides, she was half certain that if she did return, her unsettled mother might just kill her on the spot.

And so Kuhanja, armed with pitifully little knowledge about the world, set out to discover everything she could...although it didn't always work in her favor.

Personality: Kuhanja has a burning, insatiable curiosity that borders on nosiness, rudeness, and a complete disrespect for personal boundaries. It's not that she means to poke her nose where it doesn't belong, it's just that everything is new and exciting and puzzling and she can leave no stone unturned! Kuhanja is the kind of lioness who could ask "why" a thousand times and never be satisfied with the answer, and is equally as infatuated by the workings of nature as by the complicated world of politics.

Because she was raised in an unorthodox setting, Kuhanja never learned certain social cues and is completely clueless about how to interact with others. She's an optimist and gifted with a childlike love of everything, having been so sheltered as to never become cynical or jaded about life, and she genuinely believes that any creature she meets is a friend-in-the-making.

Well Aren't You a Strange One -- Mutual culture shock for two very different sorts of lions
Come Here Often? -- Trying to make friends
Onward Wanderings -- Kuhanja runs into two brothers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:27 am

User Image
(And everywhere we go)
And everywhere we go
(The sun will always shine)
The sun will always, always shine!
(But tomorrow we might awake on the other side)

'Cause we are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down, oh no
We are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring us down, oh no
So don't you bring me down today

Name: Damisi
Meaning: "cheerful" in Swahili
Obtained: Gift from She-ra & Jet
RP Color: Goldenrod
Theme Song: "Beautiful", Christina Aguilera
Distinguishing marks: Lack of purple. Golden stripes on shoulders, eartips, dots by eyes.
Colorist: Cajanic
Pride/Pack: Suka'Fumo

History: Born the only non-purple cub in a noble family, Damisi was destined for a rough life.

Personality: Damisi is keenly aware of the shame she brings upon her family with her coloration, but she tries not to let it get to her. By nature a very sweet, gentle lioness, she's eager to befriend everyone and in her heart truly believes the best of all people, no matter how mean they might seem. Indeed, she's friendly to the point of masochism, purposely seeking the company of those she knows don't even like her because, deep down, she thinks if she tries hard enough she can be everybody's friend. A little desperate for attention and kind of clingy to anyone who's kind to her.

Parents: Kuvunjwa Kivuli & Mwitu Maua
Siblings: Kujua Kuangalia, Zambarau Kivuli, Pur'Jed, Raziela Liron, Nyota Vumbi & Madunia; Rehema, Utulivu Giza, Jioni'iko , Nzuri Jua, Koue'edele, Ige'Tau, Ekwueme
Nieces & Nephews: Uzuri'siri, Mwitu Ujasiri

SURPRISE! -- Damisi meets an older sister she didn't know she had
Can You Keep A Secret? -- Damisi meets another of her older siblings...and her special friend.

fenshae

Beloved Codger

fenshae

Beloved Codger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:54 am

User Image
I don't believe in self-pity
It only brings you down
May be the queen of broken hearts
But I don't hide behind the crown
When the deck is stacked against me
I just play a different game
My roots are planted in the past
And though my life is changin' fast
Who I am is who I wanna be

A single mom who works two jobs
Who loves her kids and never stops
With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter
I'm a survivor

Name: Mele'ahe
Meaning: unknown
Obtained: Rehomed by Fairymount
RP Color: Black
Theme Song: "Survivor", Reba McIntyre
Distinguishing marks: White pelt; gold markings around extremeties
Colorist: Meepfur
Pride/Pack: Rogue

History: Mele'ahe is very tight-lipped about her past. In fact she's rather tight-lipped in general, being a cheetah not very prone to making conversation and spending the majority of her time alone. What is known is that she once had a family and a happy life, until something terrible happened to change that. Now she is alone and cautious -- a caution tending towards complete antisocial behavior as she chooses to trust very few others. She has an especial hatred of hyenas.

Personality: Emotionally distant, cold, distrustful, wary, cynical. All these are words used to describe her, but they don't paint a full picture. She's beautiful and she knows it. Powerful, too, and fully capable of handling herself. She's caught forever in the horrors of her past, but she is also strangely at-ease with herself and who she is at this moment. It would take a lot to shake her from her identity. And, yet...beneath her cold exterior...there lurks an impenetrable sadness.

Sun Goddess -- Mele meets a young, naive lioness
[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out