Character change that was not needed?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malevolent Daydreams

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 pm
Does it seem that since Yuuki became a vampire the comedic part in her character has dissapeared? I feel they made her a little TOO serious. She did grow up as a human and always did express her emotions...I don't know I think they should have left her as a human....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:57 pm
that would be true in all but i think it was yuki choice to be a vampire because her mother wanted her daughter to live a normal life than to be a vampire  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Donovan Gyoku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:30 pm
Well..the comedic side of Yuuki still live within her, its just less liekyl it will appear, due to the fact she is now living with Kaname (Mr. Serious/Boring). Some of the most recent chapters she has expressed some pretty cute expressions.

I don't know what it is, but it seems Purebloods appear to have some type of Taboo for expressing emotions. Plus Yuuki is dealing massivly with these emotions, giving her difficulty. Her memories she is trying to get rid of keep haunting her, she also has to adjust to her new life and she does want her old memories but in the meantime, she regrets leaving Kaname alone in the dark for 10 years. It's kind of tearing her apart. I can imagine how much stress she is dealing with.

Here is a few very recent chapters of Pureblood Yuuki expressing a little bit of laughter and positive emotions:

Chapter 50 Page 31

Chapter 50 Page 32

Chapter 60 Page 28

But as the chapters begin to unravel, Juuri and Hakura, Yuuki's Parents nearly have the same mindset...especially when Cross cornered Juuri in some other time in the past...

I just find it that Yuuki can be her comedic self...but beacuse of Mr. boring...she has to be as boring....I'm hoping something will change... *Cough*Kaname's death*Cough*

But in plot-wise...This indentity what Yuuki had in here without knowing it, gave the story a big twist that caught all of us with our pants down.

It also changed the atmosphere of the story as well, her from a school-girl to now a member of an antique royal family, turining from capus life to politics. This change Was intended from the start, because Yuuki kept wondering what her past was before she remembers finding herself outside in the winter cold about to become prey of a vampire.

I like this change, because even though there was alot to cover for Yuuki's school life but after dealing with Zero's issues becoming a vampire, it had to change to Yuuki's issues, Kaname only reamined a mystery as much as Yuuki's past was, the story intesifed, and it gave us a major shock. (Didn't see that one coming)

I completely understand where you are coming from, I do not like this new emotionless Yuuki, But she still has a heart and still concerns...just like the human Yuuki. What baffles me is her appearance, now all pureblooded out, basically its 10 on my book. But also note that Yuuki is still somewhat Naive...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:33 pm
which is true if she was less emotionless she could have feeling but instead of being heartless this my opinion  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Malevolent Daydreams

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:19 pm
True...I think Kaname has a thing for her not only because they were bethroed when they were little but I also think that his Wife/Girlfriend looks exactly like her....  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:36 pm
well that is true but seriously them as sibling or in the manga it said they are not related  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
[Vampire Knight Fan Guild]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items