Reply Japanese language
Learning Japanese: Lesson 1 - Installing Japanese! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisein

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:00 pm
I understand that a lot of people on this forum would like to teach them self's Japanese, but don't know where to start, Or are having trouble understanding what they have learned. I would like to help by posting up lessons on Japanese here on the thread to help you all learn the language and be able to speak it, read it, and write it! biggrin

Feel free to post up any questions you have and I will be happy to help you!! biggrin

First off! You'll need to install Japanese on your computer!! No downloads required!! biggrin Most likely you already have it built into your computer and you just need to install it!!

If you use Window's XP follow These Instructions.

If you use Vista/Window's 7 follow These Instruction.

If you have an older version try to see if you can download this Japanese IME program:Here.

How To Type In Japanese!

Here's a link on how to use the Japanese Language bar.

Once you get the hang of it try practicing with some sentences here!

これは黒い猫です。
kore ha[wa] kuroi neko desu.
This is a black cat.

私の車はあそこに有ります。
watashi no kuruma ha[wa] asoko ni arimasu.
My car is over there.

そのカップは熱いです。
sono kuppu ha[wa] atsui desu.
That cup is hot.

In writing the Japanese Language the particle "Wa" is written "Ha-は" Though it is pronounced "Wa".

To Sum It Up!!
In this lesson you have learned to install and type in Japanese!!
Though you still may feel confused by the Japanese Sentences! But Don't worry!
In the next lesson's you'll learn how to build your own sentences and learn Japanese Grammar and new words!! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:00 pm
I have a question! I have several Windows XP disks, and I'm not sure which one to use. Where, if possible, can I download the language?  

Little Plague
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

Chisein

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:52 pm
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEED31CD-15A9-4B86-AFE5-E77A095599F3&displaylang=EN

you can try downloading this IME from Microsoft. I'm not to sure how to go about with downloading the language but you can start here by any means.

I hope this works for you!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 am
I don't see how installing the language on one's computer is going to help with learning it, since you still input it by typing romaji...

I'm not saying not to do it, it's nice to be able to type properly, but I don't think the computer generating the script for you is much of a learning experience.  

Murasaki Kami

900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Chisein

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:38 pm
Quote:
I don't see how installing the language on one's computer is going to help with learning it, since you still input it by typing romaji...

I'm not saying not to do it, it's nice to be able to type properly, but I don't think the computer generating the script for you is much of a learning experience.

Oh but it is! It's a visual learning tool!! You'll learn Kanji, Katakana & Hiragana threw it. Yes you are typing in romanji, and we all have a one up to Japanese students who have to learn our alphabet to type on computers. But it helps the brain associate what consonant and vowel combination goes to what Japanese Character.

And I guarantee the more you type in the language the faster you will be able to read and recognize characters!

There are so much new Kanji I can read and recognize thanks to typing the language out on the computer. And I'm sure you will experience the same thing!

you also have the added bonus of being able to chat with native speakers on the internet and learn from the language first hand!

It is very useful to have the Japanese Language bar on your computer if you seriously want to learn the language.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:58 pm
I suppose whatever works, works. *shrug* I knew my kana before I bought a computer so I find that I don't pay much attention to it while typing. I just trust the computer to come up with か when I type ka and let it do its thing.  

Murasaki Kami

900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Mizu Yagami

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:48 pm
thanks, but is there a way to learn i Lil more visually?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 pm
Mizu Senpei
thanks, but is there a way to learn i Lil more visually?

Here is a link showing you how to use it!

http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Programs/AsianStudiesDept/Language/japanese_write.htm  

Chisein

H3artsD3ath

3,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:54 am
Chisein
I understand that a lot of people on this forum would like to teach them self's Japanese, but don't know where to start, Or are having trouble understanding what they have learned. I would like to help by posting up lessons on Japanese here on the thread to help you all learn the language and be able to speak it, read it, and write it! biggrin

Feel free to post up any questions you have and I will be happy to help you!! biggrin

First off! You'll need to install Japanese on your computer!! No downloads required!! biggrin Most likely you already have it built into your computer and you just need to install it!!

If you use Window's XP follow These Instructions.

If you use Vista/Window's 7 follow These Instruction.

If you have an older version try to see if you can download this Japanese IME program:Here.

How To Type In Japanese!

Here's a link on how to use the Japanese Language bar.

Once you get the hang of it try practicing with some sentences here!

これは黒い猫です。
kore ha[wa] kuroi neko desu.
This is a black cat.

私の車はあそこに有ります。
watashi no kuruma ha[wa] asoko ni arimasu.
My car is over there.

そのカップは熱いです。
sono kappu ha[wa] atsui desu.
That cup is hot.

In writing the Japanese Language the particle "Wa" is written "Ha-は" Though it is pronounced "Wa".

To Sum It Up!!
In this lesson you have learned to install and type in Japanese!!
Though you still may feel confused by the Japanese Sentences! But Don't worry!
In the next lesson's you'll learn how to build your own sentences and learn Japanese Grammar and new words!! biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:35 pm
sry to say, but i hav a mac... which one is best used on my system?  

gindorobo

350 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Snasper

10,315 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:07 pm
You can install japanese through your computer by using languages instead of installing something in and wasting computer space

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7RoldjF0sw  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:22 pm
it didnt work on my computer  

DarkAngelPetals

Fashionable Genius

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

cajega

Liberal Giver

12,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 am
thanks a bunch...since it's the summer and i'm out of my japanese program, this will help with some eye-recognition smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:32 am
I'd like to make a suggestion: for those using firefox download grease monkey and rikaichan :3  

Hayash1

killerqueen121

3,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 am
I want to learn japanese, but i can't read kanji yet, so i go japanese while the letters are english, like "Hai (Yes.) And Baka (Idiot.)"  
Japanese language

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff