Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Halo Reach multiplayer beta Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What did you love most?
  armor abilities
  revamped guns
  playlists
  Maps
  I didn't play the beta
View Results

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:41 pm
Well my fellow gamers it seems that the Halo Reach Beta is just around the corner and with everybody having erections over the actual multiplayer footage posted by Machinima Respawn. It is looking pretty sweet if you ask me. So for anyone pumped about it and have a beta key post it now and explain what your most excited for in the upcoming experience.

(I will post links up later.)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:33 am
I'm not much of a Halo fan, but I'm getting a tad excited about Reach, since it looks like they've fixed alot of the problems that really made me hate Halo.

I can't wait for the new/revamped guns.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:36 pm
Cant wait to start the beta when I get home from work Monday! Definitely excited about customizing my spartan on release and see him in game. Also the armor abilities really interest me and seeing the elites are more genetically better, it will make Elites vs Spartans gameplay interesting...  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:25 am
Tron714
Cant wait to start the beta when I get home from work Monday! Definitely excited about customizing my spartan on release and see him in game. Also the armor abilities really interest me and seeing the elites are more genetically better, it will make Elites vs Spartans gameplay interesting...

That was one of things I thought they should have added when they added Elites as playable characters. Glad to see there's actually a difference between them now.  

Haratio TaFotter

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:06 am
I hope there really is a balance between the 2 races. Right now the Elites seem a little to OP. Even though they cannot have the armorlock or sprint abilities, they naturally run the same speed as a spartan running. So when you include the evade ability they can run up behind you at fast speeds.

I guess we will see how that goes when they unlock Spartans vs Elites during the beta.

Right now I read that some prefer Halo 3 > Reach  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:23 am
Tron714
I hope there really is a balance between the 2 races. Right now the Elites seem a little to OP. Even though they cannot have the armorlock or sprint abilities, they naturally run the same speed as a spartan running. So when you include the evade ability they can run up behind you at fast speeds.

I guess we will see how that goes when they unlock Spartans vs Elites during the beta.

Right now I read that some prefer Halo 3 > Reach

It's basically the same thing for people still people playing halo 2 over halo 3. But since the server is going to be shut down I can see why.  

Lt Gigglebottom

Terry Batman McGinnis

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:44 am
Halo Reach might be a good game but will it measure up to the other amazing online experiences such as MVC2 which almost always has more than like 6 people playing. The jetpack, health packs and quad-shooting sticky grenade cannon seem like nice additions to the game. The most important things to consider before buying the actual game are: how competitive is it, will I make any money, is the campaign better than the plot of the movie Ninja Assassin, and in the God tier for questions, will Superman or The Flash be in it?  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:34 am
I'm being trolled on multiple levels right now. I have a feeling this is Kyle, or someone else who lives fairly close to my room right now... ninja  

nitnit
Captain

Lt Gigglebottom

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:08 pm
nitnit
I'm being trolled on multiple levels right now. I have a feeling this is Kyle, or someone else who lives fairly close to my room right now... ninja

Um.....what?  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:12 pm
i honestly think the jetpack is the best and worst thing to happen in this. its good cause its fun to use and fun to fight from air or ground but the downside is the chance of aerial ambushes that feel a little cheap  

Transformed Empress Sarah

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:33 pm
KLA55IC
nitnit

Um.....what?

Terry Batman Micginnis is someone trying to "troll me" on Gaia. This person knows me in real life. I am unsure who they are, but they are doing a half decent job =)  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:00 pm
nitnit
KLA55IC
nitnit

Um.....what?

Terry Batman Micginnis is someone trying to "troll me" on Gaia. This person knows me in real life. I am unsure who they are, but they are doing a half decent job =)

Ah, ok.....no this is not. smile  

Lt Gigglebottom

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:28 pm
With the release of the game mode Invasion comes 2 new modes (Invasion/Invasion Slayer) and Elites are now playable. My main concern was that Elites, being stronger/faster, would be OP compared to a spartan.

After playing the new mode, I feel that they are balanced. But! With spartans having a bigger advantage to the physically stronger Elites. The USNC has the better weapon arsenal. The DRM pretty much dominates Elites, since their equivalent weapon is the Needle Rifle.

Another thing that concerns me is the vehicles, they seem a lot weaker than vehicles in Halo 3. Anyone else agree?  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:36 am
Tron714
With the release of the game mode Invasion comes 2 new modes (Invasion/Invasion Slayer) and Elites are now playable. My main concern was that Elites, being stronger/faster, would be OP compared to a spartan.

After playing the new mode, I feel that they are balanced. But! With spartans having a bigger advantage to the physically stronger Elites. The USNC has the better weapon arsenal. The DRM pretty much dominates Elites, since their equivalent weapon is the Needle Rifle.

Another thing that concerns me is the vehicles, they seem a lot weaker than vehicles in Halo 3. Anyone else agree?

I actually got really bored really fast for the beta since there were only two maps at the time but I've only played one game of invasion with the elites. Although yes they are stronger their not exactly faster on foot and can't jump higher. But yes on everything else you said besides the vehicles, haven't tried them yet.  

Lt Gigglebottom

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:33 am
I played about 8 games of invasion, and a couple of invasion slayer.

Invasion is definitely a step in the right direction for Halo online play - it introduces fun new game mechanics, and for people who love the old halo, that will be available too. My only real concern is that it seems too hard for the covenant to win if it's just 6 random people who aren't strategizing on the team.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff