Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
maiden, mother and crone

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Unexpected Angel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:18 am
okay i borrrowed this book out teh other day called "The Greek Myths" anyway instead having mother in maiden, mother and crone
they replace it with nymph and so i'm wondering which is the right version or not  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:28 am
Ethereal Memories
okay i borrrowed this book out teh other day called "The Greek Myths" anyway instead having mother in maiden, mother and crone
they replace it with nymph and so i'm wondering which is the right version or not

The "maiden, mother, crone" archetype is not a part of Greek religion or mythology. Replacing it with "nymph" isn't accurate either wink Nymphs aren't deities. They might marry them but they're not them to begin with.

Interesting, though. I don't think I've come across a book on mythology that mentions that sort of archetype. Who wrote it?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:37 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Ethereal Memories

The "maiden, mother, crone" archetype is not a part of Greek religion or mythology. Replacing it with "nymph" isn't accurate either wink Nymphs aren't deities. They might marry them but they're not them to begin with.

Interesting, though. I don't think I've come across a book on mythology that mentions that sort of archetype. Who wrote it?
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
I actually borrowed that book from the library a few weeks ago. I don't remember the name though...
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:51 am
Quote:

written by Robert Graves i think and the books (written in two volumes) covers has who i think is hera and a swan  

The Unexpected Angel

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 am
Ethereal Memories
Quote:

written by Robert Graves i think and the books (written in two volumes) covers has who i think is hera and a swan

Oh really! that's interesting. I didn't know he had a book on Greek mythology.

It's probably Leda with the swan. Hera's more often associated with peacocks. Although I suppose it could be.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:18 pm
Quote:

Oh really! that's interesting. I didn't know he had a book on Greek mythology.

It's probably Leda with the swan. Hera's more often associated with peacocks. Although I suppose it could be.

lol it probally is leda, but the books a really good you sured read them  

The Unexpected Angel

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces