Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:15 pm
User Image
The cool afternoon air seemed like the perfect ending note to the hot day. Tamu had wandered out a bit farther than usual, slowly padding through the tall grass. He felt at ease and fluttery, made happy just by the beautiful day that he awoke to this morning. He didn't feel suffocated or guilty because of his mother, but still felt the slight pang of loneliness.

It had been a little while since he had made this pride his permanent residence, but he still felt a tad unsure when he ventured deeper into the pride. Being the only cheetah in the whole pride, he sometimes felt a bit outnumbered. Not that he didn't trust them, but sometimes he really wished that he had another cheetah there with him, to make him feel not so alone.

His brown eyes were bright and lively, and he continued to trot along, half-heatedly looking for things that he could use to make for the pride.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jola's ears swiveled around as she picked up all sorts of noises from every direction. The little cheetah wasn't as paranoid as she once was, but she still was a little wary about new things. The sad part about today, was that she was in a completely new area. Something had spooked her the night before, and now she wasn't sure of where she was, or anything.

She slinked a little low to the ground, trying not to jump at every little thing. Jola wasn't going to make it anywhere if she kept doing that.

Grey eyes glancing up, she noticed another cheetah, a bit far off from her. She froze, but didn't feel like running. More so just...curiosity.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:34 pm
Bending down in the grass for a moment, Tamu inhaled the remaining scents of a long-forgotten pawprint. I was large, probably lion, but it held no threat to him. As he rose his head slwoly, his brown eyes caught sight of something dark. His ears went up, head still low, but he wasn't frightened. He was in a safe place, and he knew that if anything threatened him, he could just run until he reached the deeper parts of his pride.

Flicking his tail to the side, he decided to go towards whatever it was. As he came closer, the dark figure morphed into a cheetah. "Hey there." Smiling, he quickly ran his eyes over the other cheetah; her markings reminded him of his grandmother, but only faintly so. "You seem a bit nervous out here." He let out a huff of laughter, having never seen someone with any trace of fear on the savannah. It was just a survival instinct, he supposed, to always show a tough side. He kind of liked that about her, though.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:05 pm
Jola watched cautiously as he approached, but it was apparent that there was no malice in his steps. She kept herself guarded, and took a step back when he had mentioned her nervous body language.

Unsure as how to respond, she nodded meekly. "Yes," she replied quietly, raising her head to see him more clearly. Slouching wasn't really going to get her anywhere, and he was a cheetah. Jola always felt more at ease around them, though there had been few to cross her path in her life.

"I suppose that's just how it is sometimes," she added on, unsure as how to explain that anxiety. Oh well.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:39 pm
"Makes sense." Closing his eyes, Tamu grinned. He didn't get too much closer, so she wouldn't frighten too much. He didn't want to completely scare her when they only just met. "My name's Tamu." Curling his tail, he lowered himself to the ground, so he was now in a comfortable sitting position. "You know, I used to be as nervous as you. It was mainly my grandmother pumping fear into my system, but once I got out into the world and found something that made me comfortable, I got to be how I am now." His brown eyes stared at her, still glancing over the female's smaller frame. It had been a long time since he had seen a female cheetah, and he'd almost forgotten how sweet they made the world. Like an added touch to something already beautiful.

"What are you doing out here? I've never seen you before." His words drifted off, before he started rambling. "Not that it's a bad thing you're here. I-in fact, I'm glad you're here." Turning to the side, he squinted, trying to hide his embarrassment.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:33 am
Jola's right ear twitched as she pondered on what he had mentioned. Going out into the world? She held an inward sigh, not wanting to mention that it was this world that had made her so skittish. It wasn't as glorious as it seemed, especially not to a lone female cheetah.

"Here?" she echoed, blinking owlishly. "Am I somewhere specific?" Sure, she perhaps noticed the scents and marks of a lion, but those were everywhere. So much so that her mind probably hadn't registered it as something other than normal. "I didn't mean to cross within borders..." she idly mentioned as her voice dropped. Hopefully it wouldn't be as terrible as some of those areas around here, right?

Though, he had mentioned a sense of relief. Was this a good thing, or a bad one? As she had been thinking to herself, her head had lowered. She raised it up once more, looking at him with a different sense of curiosity.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:04 pm
"Oh, no, it's just that my pride is near this area." The words spilled upon one another as they came out. Tamu was a tad anxious, to say the least. He wanted to make a perfect impression, as it had been so long since he had talked with one of his own kind. "But they're all friendly. I'm the only cheetah, though, so it gets a tad lonely." He smiled, but there was a somber tone hidden in his smile.

Looking down at his paws, his mind jumbled up a bit with so many thoughts. Opening his mouth, he looked at her, but lost his nerve and quickly snapped it shut. "You, um...what's your name?" Finally settling on that question, Tamu let out a huff of nervous laughter.

He felt a little strange around her, but lately, he felt strange around everyone. Even after talking to the King, he couldn't get up the nerve to go deeper in the pride. He felt more and more lonely, so the appearance of this other cheetah was a chance he wasn't going to pass up.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:26 pm
Jola couldn't help herself. Her eyes widened a bit at the mentioning of a pride, and she tried to hide a small flinch when he mentioned he was the only cheetah. She had to remind herself, though, that not all lions were bad. There had been a time in her life where she just wanted to quit, and a stubborn lioness came around and nursed her to health.

He seemed so relaxed, if a bit sad. Maybe some of these lions were like that lioness. She shook her head. "Er, sorry. I kind of do that when I think about lions, but I know they're not all bad."

She felt even more horrible, wondering if he was good friends with them even. Jola knew better than to judge others based on nothing. She sat down, enjoying the rest. "My name is Jola," she replied, a smile growing that felt relaxed. Natural. "What is yours?"

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:50 pm
Eyes calm, Tamu's expression seemed to be glued on. "Lions are fairly frightening things." He chuckled to himself, seeming to be older and wiser than he actually was. "But when I think about it, I'd rather be here, with these lions, that I know will protect me from the bad lions out there than alone and unprotected." He glanced over at her, a small smirk on his maw. "Because, you see, I'm not the most masculine or strongest cheetahs out there." He bent his paw up, flexing his slender leg a bit, laughing at his own fragile frame.

"Jola's such a pretty name." He smiled, tail sliding back and forth in the grass to keep his mind from wandering. "I'm Tamu. I guess you could say that I have a thing for short names." Thinking back on it, it had been a tradition in his family to have short names. Noti, Jini, Poza, and Tamu. But all that seemed so far away now; Jini, he'd heard, was off near the Duma'Chama, and Poza was with his mother, of course, because of her blindness. It felt like it was worlds away, and the fact that he was alone here, in this pride, made him feel even lonelier about the whole situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:35 pm
Jola wasn't completely convinced, but it was hard to be sure of something that wasn't there. Maybe she'd take the risk of meeting one of them; then she could really make her decision. If he said that they were nice/protective, they must be...

She tossed those ideas out of her mind, focusing on the here and now. That was what mattered at the moment. "Short names?" she echoed. "I guess mine too, but I think my mother just found short names easier to remember." She had met some other creatures with longer names, who then mentioned others with much longer names. It boggled her mind, but at least everyone had a short nickname if their name was a mouthful.

She smiled. "It means pretty, too. My mother was always blunt."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:03 pm
"Well, then she really named you appropriately." Running his paw across his nose, Tamu turned to the side. He liked giving others compliments, but it just felt a tad awkward this time. She was kind, and she seemed to be pretty down-to-earth.

"Ah, I see. I just haven't met anyone with a long name, I suppose." He laughed, mocking how small his world had actually been. The few lions he had met here, namely the king, had a relatively short name as well. He couldn't imagine having to remember so many long names, and they didn't sound like they'd be as endearing.

"How long have you been on your own out here?" To him, a female being all by herself seemed a bit out-of-the-ordinary. It was probably due to the fact that neither of his sisters had ever been by themselves- Poza was blind and couldn't leave, and Jini was swept away by a male. He had left at an early age to prevent a loss of his sanity.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 am
"Ummm," she stumbled over her words, debating how to word this. Even after waiting, thinking, and debating still, she couldn't figure it out. "I've been alone for a while," she replied quietly. "Not really by choice, but life doesn't always let you pick everything you want. Y'know?" She was feeling more comfortable with him, but talking about being alone reminded her of how much she had hated it.

"It wasn't fun, but I haven't yet found a place to stop being alone." She smiled softly, adding on, "But I haven't been in this area long. It's a little nicer than some of the lands I've crossed through." Or, well, ran through before someone could realize she was there and do something about it. Some prides were nice, and others certainly weren't.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:50 pm
"Oh..." Tamu looked a little sad, hearing her words. It was one thing to choose to leave his family, but she didn't get a choice. It made him feel a sting of guilt after saying what he had said.

His ears perked up, though, at her next comment. "So you like it here?" His face grew happier and happier as he thought about it. Maybe she'd like it enough to stay, and he wouldn't be the only cheetah here.

"If....if you've no where else to go..." Gulping, he tried to gather his words. His face felt a little warm, because he'd never asked anything like this of anyone. "Well, would you.....would you like to stay here for a little while?" Glancing up, he felt the pit of his stomach turn. "I mean, I could show you around, and you wouldn't be alone while you're here." Turning his head to his paws, he curled his tail around one, hoping she wouldn't get made by what he said.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:05 am
She nodded softly. "It's a little more quiet here than some other places, and I don't feel so...exposed, I guess?" She was a cheetah, but did not feel comfortable in wide open spaces. It felt like everyone could watch you, even strangers.

She let her tail settle on the ground, tired of letting it sway. "Well, it wouldn't hurt anything to look around a bit more. I haven't seen much, I'll be honest." It was hard to see much when you were trying to be sneaky. "Plus if you show me, I'm certain not to get too lost."

She gave him a soft, encouraging smile, wondering why he was so shy. He did mention that he was the only cheetah here, perhaps that was the source of his nervous movements. "I won't bolt," she chuckled.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:50 pm
"Really?" Tamu clutched at the dirt below his paws, trying to contain his excitement. "I mean..." Dragging his eyes from the ground up to look at her, Tamu smiled. "I'm glad." He laughed a little, kind of relieved that she said that. He had to admit, it was rather lonely being the only cheetah here. The lions and other creatures were friendly and all, but it wasn't the same as the company of fellow cheetahs.

"I hope you like it." Truthfully, Tamu hoped that she would choose to stay there, but he couldn't say that. It'd be too weird.

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff