Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
Awkward Con Questions Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

7dancer10

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:42 pm
Just wanna see if anyone has been asked (or has asked) awkward questions at a con..
For example, a ten year old asked me what Yaoi is (i told her that i would tell her when she was 18 )  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:39 am
I was randomly serenaded with poem and proposed to by a Carrot (( Sorcerer Hunters )) cosplayer.

Oh,... to the con stories section. I forgot about this story ! ^w^  

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:45 am
I was once asked by a trio of P-Heads if they could all molest me at the same time...I told them to talk to my friend who was Cosplaying Heather. And another time a Kabuto fan girl proposed to me...crazy stuff. smile  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:03 am
I also got proposed to by a random stranger. I never saw her again, though... :c
And this didn't happen to me, but one time my friend was walking around the dealer's room and all of a sudden a guy just stops right next to her an had his arms open wide. That was one of the best hugs I've seen.
And once someone asked me if they could grope my boobs. She was cosplaying Korea, so of course I said okay. :3

Cyanide Joyride

No_Pun_Intended

Alien Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:40 am
Cyanide Joyride

And once someone asked me if they could grope my boobs. She was cosplaying Korea, so of course I said okay. :3

You CAN'T say 'no' to Korea!
(What were you cosplaying at the time?)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:04 am
Hmm...
I dunno if this counts...
At a mini-convention I went to, a guy asked my husband...
"How does your girlfriend taste?"
Then the guy grabbed my hand, stuck my finger in his mouth, bit me, and the pretended to chew after my husband pulled my hand away...
... then my husband corrected him that we were married XP  

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:23 am
At AX 08, the first day I was cosplaying as L and I was with my oldest niece, someone recognized me from youtube and said, "Hey, Lonewolfjedi, is that your girlfriend?" all I heard out of my niece's mouth was "EEWWWWW! GROSS!", I explained that she was my niece and that her mom would not have let her come alone unless I was with her and she said he aint coming unless he cosplays  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:34 pm
I asked someone who they were cosplaying as, and this guy came up, randomly, and told my brother and me a poem. Then he walked off, and we were like "wait! come backkkk!" but of course he didnt hear us...  

animeMoon55

6,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Invisibility 100

Cyanide Joyride

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:32 pm
No_Pun_Intended
Cyanide Joyride

You CAN'T say 'no' to Korea!
(What were you cosplaying at the time?)

[Belarus. It made it that much more amusing seeing as how they belong to Russia whether he wants them or not]  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Last year, I went to a con as Sasuke Uchiha. My friend was feeling sick so I was rushing with my Naruto to get to the cafe when we were stalked by these two Tentens. They stopped, asked for a picture then asked me, on video

"Sasuke, what would you do...For a Klondike bar."

"Kill my brother," Of course, was my answer.

Another time I was Sasuke I was walking around and someone screamed "Sasuke belongs with Sakura" and my Naruto hugged me and yelled back "No! Sasuke is mine!" So while Naruto was dragging me away, I was nearly clawing on the rail screaming "Does anyone know where I can find Sakura!? Naruto's driving me crazy!"  

Roxy-bear1216

harukokun

4,750 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:36 am
Roxy-bear1216
Last year, I went to a con as Sasuke Uchiha. My friend was feeling sick so I was rushing with my Naruto to get to the cafe when we were stalked by these two Tentens. They stopped, asked for a picture then asked me, on video

"Sasuke, what would you do...For a Klondike bar."

"Kill my brother," Of course, was my answer.

Another time I was Sasuke I was walking around and someone screamed "Sasuke belongs with Sakura" and my Naruto hugged me and yelled back "No! Sasuke is mine!" So while Naruto was dragging me away, I was nearly clawing on the rail screaming "Does anyone know where I can find Sakura!? Naruto's driving me crazy!"

lol those sound like fun times  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:36 am
At Anime Milwaukee my friend,while dressed as Ash Ketchum, asked littlekuriboh to marry him on 3 separate occasions. He had a ring and everything.

Littlekuriboh didn't know how to respond the first he asked him and just kind of freaked out because my friend was proposing to him with a ring.

The next my friend asked he had a response along the lines that he couldn't marry someone who was on the road all the time.

The next time... I didn't hear what happened then.  

bloodysword4

Newbie Elder

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:18 pm
Not so much a question...

But at my first con, I wan wandering with my friends past the vendors. We wandered close to the yaoi table, and the next thing we know, this fat guy running the booth is standing up, one foot on the table, the other on his chair, and he's screaming and pointing at random people in the crowd, "YOU NEED YAOI! YOU NEED YAOI!"

We stared for a few seconds before he pointed to us, and then we ran.  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:59 am
the weirdest question i was asked was if i new were to buy some tabs razz this was at A-kon in texas.  

[Heeroshi]

Sugar Pucks

Indulgent Demigod

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:22 am
"Wanna touch my hard-on?" - Femme Ash Ketchum

(She actually had a strap on in her jeans and a slut pikachu on a leash. It was very much a WTF.)  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff