Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Awesome Download Site - Had to share it with you guys :) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:15 am
I was browsing around for add-ins for my game, and stumbled across one of the best sites I've ever seen.

EVERYTHING on it is free, and is of excellent quality - way better than anything I've seen on MTS2 or TSR (serious!). And again, it's all FREE!

Also easy to use, with meshes supplied when downloading... None of this 'mesh from such-and-such site, but we're not going to tell you the name of the mesh so you'll have to search the whole site yourself to find it' (that really pisses me off). The meshes are also free, even when they obtained from another site where you would usually have to pay for them.

Check it out guys, if you haven't already biggrin --> http://www.simplystyling.de/homesims2.html  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:21 am
sweatdrop Okay, I may seem like a noob, or whatever, but when I download stuff, I click open. And then it "downloads" and then opens up a folder in My Documents. But hardly any of them get put in the game..  

wtf ebay

Darth Moe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:04 am
Fairy God Mother
sweatdrop Okay, I may seem like a noob, or whatever, but when I download stuff, I click open. And then it "downloads" and then opens up a folder in My Documents. But hardly any of them get put in the game..

You should get a File Maid 3nodding

And thanks for the link ^ ^  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:11 am
pretty cool site!  

nbkczxig

Twisted Illusions

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:32 pm
Nice.

Just out of curiosity, do you know of any good Gothic skins?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:57 pm
Fairy God Mother

Errr... I have no idea what is happening, sorry. Try maybe saving the file to your PC when downloading it, and then open that file when it's done.  

de.Lici.ous

de.Lici.ous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:58 pm
IhaveAPencilSharpener
And thanks for the link ^ ^

No probs biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:01 pm
MitosisK622
pretty cool site!

3nodding I think it's pretty damn awesome biggrin Cept for the fact theres no mens clothing... But that's hard to find anyway.  

de.Lici.ous

de.Lici.ous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:03 pm
The Chronicler
Nice.

As a matter of fact, I do, I got them off Mod The Sims 2. However the person who made them didn't say where the mesh was stare I've had a bit of a look, but I gave up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:11 pm
Yep, that is a nice site!  

SirEmino
Captain

de.Lici.ous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:20 pm
The Chronicler
Nice.

Try this -> http://www.modthesims2.com/ -> downloads -> body shop -> clothing -> female -> Search (top left corner): 'goth'.

Sorry I couldn't give you a direct link... I did, but it didn't work stare  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:36 pm
SirEmino
Yep, that is a nice site!

3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  

de.Lici.ous

de.Lici.ous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:12 am
Lici.Rocker
The Chronicler
Nice.

Try this -> http://www.modthesims2.com/ -> downloads -> body shop -> clothing -> female -> Search (top left corner): 'goth'.

Sorry I couldn't give you a direct link... I did, but it didn't work stare

I just found a site you might like acutally... "This is a skin site for a PC Game The Sims 2. The site contains some fetish, rubber, metal, industrial, gothic, fetish-animations outfits." Enjoy! http://www.artemistha.moonfruit.com/  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:45 pm
The site is great and easy to use! but i do have a question some of the outfits won't show, and some of the meshs are titled the same but i think they are a little different and i go to download them i need to save over the old one or it asks for a PW. sweatdrop  

Elywen

de.Lici.ous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:34 am
Elywen
The site is great and easy to use! but i do have a question some of the outfits won't show,

Yes, I had tha problem with 2 outfits... I think I missed the meshes for them. If you know what outfit isn't working, go back and check the meshes, and make sure you have them.

Quote:
and some of the meshs are titled the same but i think they are a little different

Most of the meshes are actually the same... It uses a few of the meshes quite frequently. I usually download the mesh, whether I think I have it or not. When I paste the file into my Downloads file, I then find out whether I already have the mesh or not. Foolproof.

Quote:
and i go to download them i need to save over the old one or it asks for a PW. sweatdrop

I never save the files onto my PC anywhere... It's a waste of space. As soon as the download finishes, WinZIP/RAR will open the file automatically, so you just copy and paste to Downloads. Why have the file on your PC twice? If you already have the mesh in your Downloads file, there's really no point to replace it, so just say no.

Hope that helps smile  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces