Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply Extracurricular - Japanese Pop Culture
Miyavi!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:12 pm
I will admit I'm addicted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XudLFGcb2UM

You will be too.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:14 pm
what was the song about? sweatdrop  

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:19 pm
Swim47

Miyavi is completely and totally batshit insane, so his songs don't really mean anything. This is a translation of the song:

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858682011/

As you can see, the man (I think it's a man...) is nuts.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:05 pm
wow...that's amazing! xp  

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100

flightyPrick

4,400 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:41 pm
Starry Starry Fright
Swim47

Miyavi is completely and totally batshit insane, so his songs don't really mean anything. This is a translation of the song:

I'M OBSESSED WITH MIYAVI <333333 Yes, Miyavi is a man, He's married to Melody and has two children: Lovelie (first born), Jewelie (second born).
BTW he's calmed down a lot since he had his children. He posted on his myspace/or made a video (I forgot which) apologizing for his behaviour and how he will take his music in the direction he wanted it to take a long time ago.
Though we all pray the pouting screaming child inside him will let out one more 'KUKEHHHHHH!' ~<3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:28 pm
I see you are addicted miyavi but do you respenct him?
The man is a spaz. he's a bit goofy.
But "batshit insane" he is not.
and this "As you can see, the man (I think it's a man...) is nuts." seems really disrespectful to me.
A true fan should show high respect. Being obsessed isn't the single most important trait of a fan.

Jibun Kakume means Self Revolution.
While the translated lyrics seem a little weird they do mean something. It is all about facing yourself. And I honestly don't think that's the best translation of the song available.

I agree entirely with Xadecas. Miyavi has calmed down greatly. His music still has remnants of his fun spazy self but he has grown up a bit since having daughters. Of course one of the things many fans loved most about him was his spaz-ness but all the same he is a brilliant musician.  

Miyu_Aizawa

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:55 pm
Miyu_Aizawa
and this "As you can see, the man (I think it's a man...) is nuts." seems really disrespectful to me.
A true fan should show high respect. Being obsessed isn't the single most important trait of a fan.

While the translated lyrics seem a little weird they do mean something. It is all about facing yourself. And I honestly don't think that's the best translation of the song available.

I agree entirely with Xadecas. Miyavi has calmed down greatly. His music still has remnants of his fun spazy self but he has grown up a bit since having daughters. Of course one of the things many fans loved most about him was his spaz-ness but all the same he is a brilliant musician.

I was diagnosed with Tourette's eight years ago, so I understand what it's like to be that way. You have to learn to poke fun at it, or you just cry all the time. Anyone who knows me at all know that I'm a sarcastic human being... don't take me so seriously, kid.

I haven't been keeping up with Miyavi's career lately; being a university honours student regrettably robs you of most of your hobbies. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:56 pm
Miyavi music is great like how it translated great job post it.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:22 pm
Starry Starry Fright
Miyu_Aizawa

I was diagnosed with Tourette's eight years ago, so I understand what it's like to be that way. You have to learn to poke fun at it, or you just cry all the time. Anyone who knows me at all know that I'm a sarcastic human being... don't take me so seriously, kid.

I haven't been keeping up with Miyavi's career lately; being a university honours student regrettably robs you of most of your hobbies. razz

What does tourette's even have to do with this. I was talking about the way you talk about miyavi. It seemed really disrespectful.
People on the internet don't know you. if you don't want the things you say to be misinterpreted don't be sarcastic. Sarcasm doesn't translate well through text.
I don't keep up with miyavi much anymore either but That doesn't mean i'm gonnna go saying rude s**t about him because I respect him  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:10 pm
Xadecas
Starry Starry Fright
Swim47

I'M OBSESSED WITH MIYAVI <333333 Yes, Miyavi is a man, He's married to Melody and has two children: Lovelie (first born), Jewelie (second born).
BTW he's calmed down a lot since he had his children. He posted on his myspace/or made a video (I forgot which) apologizing for his behaviour and how he will take his music in the direction he wanted it to take a long time ago.
Though we all pray the pouting screaming child inside him will let out one more 'KUKEHHHHHH!' ~<3

A friend of mine showed me a couple of other visual Kei artists, and I think Miyavi might actually be one of the most masculine ones I've seen. XD I LOVE the drummer from Dir En Grey these days... those are some fantastic outfits I've ever seen.

I'd like to see some more guitar stuff from him, actually. (Been trying to learn "Selfish Love", but it takes forever to tune to his crazy keys and I just can't do tremolo like he can... and I'm a former guitar teacher. crying )

He should go back to rocking the teal hair. For serious.  

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:22 pm
Miyu_Aizawa
Starry Starry Fright
Miyu_Aizawa

What does tourette's even have to do with this. I was talking about the way you talk about miyavi. It seemed really disrespectful.
People on the internet don't know you. if you don't want the things you say to be misinterpreted don't be sarcastic. Sarcasm doesn't translate well through text.
I don't keep up with miyavi much anymore either but That doesn't mean i'm gonnna go saying rude s**t about him because I respect him

Good lord, child. I wouldn't post his videos on my forums, encouraging people to watch them and raving about how addictive his music is if I meant him harm. He built an entire image around acting like a crazy person. That was how he WANTED to be seen. Miyavi himself suffers from hyperactive disorders, and he capitalized on those to make himself famous.

In any case, the post in question is almost a year old. I don't even remember writing it. My apologies to Miyavi if I've offended him.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:35 pm
Do you mind not calling me Kid or child. I am a college student, I'm not ******** 12 years old.  

Miyu_Aizawa

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:59 pm
Miyu_Aizawa
Do you mind not calling me Kid or child. I am a college student, I'm not ******** 12 years old.

Oh, my mistake. I got your username mixed up, most people in here really are between 12 and 14. French-Canadians use expressions like that all the time, its just how I was brought up. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:46 am
ヘヘへ。。。
好いは歌。
I'm entertained. I’ll add that song and others I've just listened too to my favs :」  

Bluebark206

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Oh wow. This song very nuts. cool.  
Extracurricular - Japanese Pop Culture

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash