Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Ashamed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:00 pm
I must say, I am ashamed of some of the posts I have been reading from members recently. This is the 'Gaian Grammar Guild', not the 'Gaian I don't know how to spell or use grammar properly or how to capatalise my 'I's' guild'.

Please work on your grammar and spelling. This is a guild for the literate minded people on Gaia that are ashamed of grammar and spelling and use 'txt tlk' *Shudder*.

Dark Elf, I didn't realise the quality of applicants was slipping so much.

~Smoozle.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:55 am
Perhaps it's because I haven't benn too bloody active in this particular guild, but I have noticed that my punctuation is slipping and at times I find myself doubt my grammatical skills. Wait a minute... Is "Grammatical" even a word? See? I'm losing it. crying  

Chronos Interferon

Celestia25

Interesting Cat

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:04 am
Are you serious? sad That is sad...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:30 am
Well, that's a shame.

Though I don't know what the point of the thread is, except to maybe make other people angry. Don't want to whine, OP, but if you seriously spend time stalking guild members out-of-guild (because this guild isn't exactly terribly hectic, usually) and reading their posts for grammar you have a little too much free time, including the time it takes to whine about it...

I don't mean to piss you off, but there's really no purpose posting this kind of thing. You're just going to offend people.  

SilverBellsAbove

sayaandtenshi

Friendly Conversationalist

5,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:05 pm
SilverBellsAbove
Well, that's a shame.

Though I don't know what the point of the thread is, except to maybe make other people angry. Don't want to whine, OP, but if you seriously spend time stalking guild members out-of-guild (because this guild isn't exactly terribly hectic, usually) and reading their posts for grammar you have a little too much free time, including the time it takes to whine about it...

I don't mean to piss you off, but there's really no purpose posting this kind of thing. You're just going to offend people.

I think she might have meant in the guild, not out of the guild. That would be rather creepy, so I'm going to give her the benifit of the doubt and say she's seen enough posts in the guild to make this determination.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:33 pm
sayaandtenshi
SilverBellsAbove
Well, that's a shame.

I think she might have meant in the guild, not out of the guild. That would be rather creepy, so I'm going to give her the benifit of the doubt and say she's seen enough posts in the guild to make this determination.

Yes, I do mean in-guild posts. Thank you.  

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100

Silly Tamsen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 am
I think its great that she is caring about the guild and keeping the guilds standards.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games