Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
[Official] Create A Pattern

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:05 am
The Create A Pattern tool has now been officially announced! You can read more about it here> CAP Article
Looks good to me. Not sure how much use I'll get out of it but I'll give it a try. I hope it's a damn site easier to use than CAW.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:08 pm
It looks pretty cool~ <3

And I agree, I hope it's easier to use....  

mangacraz00

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:37 am
It's out now! You can now download CAP here> http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/pattern  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:13 pm
Its really easy to use!
I played around with it, it gets the basic job done without any advanced features. Thats to be expected with such a newbie friendly user interface I suppose. Layers are easily moved around. You can also select all of the stencils on one layer and edit their size, shape, opacity, etc. (which are all editable by dragging or inserting specific numbers). The preview system is great even though it made my older laptop overheat sad

The background color isn't recolorable with CAST in game, so I'd recommend using a big block of stencil as your background color in the last layer before the default background.

Overall I like it, can't wait to see what people make with it. Now hopefully EA can get back to fixing CAW, its been broken since the Ambitions patch rolleyes  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Grandma Snoodle

1,550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:56 pm
I tried my first pattern a quilt looking one and its so off center in the game I will need a lot more practice making quilts.
works well for a floor or wall.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:03 am
I'd be curious to know how my patterns show up in other peoples' games. In the pattern preview they look great but when using them in the actual game they are all blurry. Anybody willing to try them out for me?
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Alistu
I'm wondering if it is because I have used a custom stencil I created outside of the program.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items