Submit

Theft or coincidence?
  Theft
  Coincidence
View Results

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:56 am
I was checking my deviantart today and came across this journal from one of the users I watch.

Queen of Dorks is claiming that Gaia is stealing their Bento Bunny from her Onigiri bunny.

The resemblance is quite striking and after reading this thread.
I'm pretty sure it's some kind of theft.
The concept may not necessarily be original but it's too similar to be coincidence.
After looking at link after link of pictures that people have posted, I've yet to see another bunny with a body.
(I'm not going to go searching for all the links for you guys when they're all in the thread that you already have the link to.)
That's the huge thing for me.
Every onigiri/riceball bunny that's been posted has just been a head.
And it appears that 90% of them have the nori on the bottom rather than on top between the ears like Queen of Dork's and Gaia's.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:40 pm
They are definitely knock-offs of her work, and that's completely not right.

*Dammit and I was planning on getting one*

Ahem, but it's not right if it was stolen from another person. So, yeah, definitely not gonna get it now.

It said they removed it, but...
When did they remove it, exactly? I remember seeing it on the Gaia site this morning, but now they've taken it down.  

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100

VampressLeona

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:46 pm
Ill admit they look EXTREMELY alike. It would be unfortunate if it was purposeful. However, as it was stated a few times...the concept is not terribly original so the likelyhood of other art being similar/identical is rather high. Though, I do believe that it should be handled in a much more diplomatic way. Ie, Gaia should not make money (sell for gaia cash) such an item and perhaps even contract out the artist for clothing or artistic rights? Either way the artist, through some form of compensation or collaboration, should get more recognition from a large public such as gaia and would increase her art sales easily.

As I am by no means an artist by proffession my views may be a little closed minded or one sided? But, I do have a passion for the art I do create and I would be happy with my above compromise. Is this an incorrect conclusion?  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:41 am
I already forgot what the previous compromise was, haha. xD;
(Her original journal entry is gone now)

She made another journal explaining the final conclusion.

Which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing.

Gaia and her have talked it out and they're keeping the Bento Bunny up.  

Zizzykitty
Crew

Black_Angel_Flowne

2,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:49 pm
YES, I can get the little rabbit thing!
I MEAN, AHEM. I'm glad they've worked it out. But I am glad they brought the little Bento Bunnies, too. I do find them adorable... don't patronize me!!! xp  
~~*Gaia Forum*~~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games