Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply General Debate Forum
Daring to be Devious [moving on] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you interested in and/or consider yourself part of the dark cultures?
  Yes; Screw what people say, I'm comfortable and know what I'm doing.
  No; there's obviously something wrong with them *points at the Qur'an/Hadith*
View Results

Qaroquine

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:00 pm
Now, now, now, hear me out. I made a topic like this in another forum, didn't go so well...and I'm not sure where to put this. So, to be safe, I have placed it in this, the General Debate subforum, because that said last time I spoke about this, well...there was indeed a debate.

Of sorts.

To begin, as I usually begin this way when using this word, let me explain what I mean by devious. It is one of my favorite words, down to the core of my existence along with "unique". To me, being devious means and/or is conjoined with these specific things:

1. Being true to yourself, no matter what
2. Being different from the norm of society, not because you want to, but because you are (goes along with #1)

...and more.
Nothing complicating, right? Seems simple.
Well...

That's easy to say...when you're not a Muslim.
You damn right heard me.
I'm taking all of this from personal experience. I've been somewhat of a "community outcast" since I was 10. For some reason, all of my most vivid memories take place during and after that age. I don't know what it is that has set me apart from my peers aside from my interests and my outlooks on life, or overall, what makes me me.
For the longest time, I have found myself greatly interested in the dark cultures and their sister subcultures. They were subcultures I wanted to explore and understand, and upon doing so, I realized I have been a part of them for as long as I can remember. Realizing this made me extremely happy. I still am.
Thing is, it annoys me to the point of being SICK when I come upon Muslims who cannot fathom the existence of Muslims being part of the dark cultures. Some people have said that they left the subculture when they were younger, or before they were Muslim, or reverts, because their groupies were "not growing up" and/or because they wanted to get an education and get married. That is the biggest bull I've ever heard in my life about it. But, wait, after thinking about it, I thought maybe they weren't very deep into the subculture if they felt they had to leave them behind because of those ridiculous, stereotypical reasons.

And come on, when have you ever heard about a Muslim goth/punk/metalhead,etc? Christians, Pagans and even Buddhist are probably more common to hear about than Muslims. And why? I have a few ideas. One might be because those who say they are and Muslim are not, and I mean NOT very good examples. No, I am not saying all of them. This is just an idea. Another idea is probably because those that are part of the dark cultures are very low-key, which is perfectly fine to me. It's just...hard to find them, even when you are looking for them. Obviously. I've tried too many times to count.
This reason, which I think might be the more likely, is because if the same problems I have to this day. People just can't believe it. People just don't see "why". And by "people", I mean other Muslims. Not all, of course, but probably and most likely most. Unfortunately. Shame, actually. And here I thought we were supposed to be more open-minded, accepting people.

I am desperate to find Muslims, especially girls, who I can relate to. And I don't mean "Yeah, I like the color black, I listen to Marilyn Manson and Evanescence and I shop at Hot Topic." Marilyn's laughing his a** off every time someone says that.

YOU know what I'm talking about, if you're out there.

I admit: I am angry, disheartened and overall disgusted by Muslims who believe they're high and mighty, believing they're so right, mindlessly spewing quotes from the Qur'an and Hadith and their own personal opinions instead of shutting up and being open-minded about the whole topic.

Are there any other Muslims, die hard with a vengeance, like me?

Come on! Dare to be devious! Be proud to be yourself.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:09 pm
i actually no a lot of guy that are Muslims that are a goth/punk/metalhead kind. As for girls none.

im more of a i <3 pink and Juice person . . .Pffft im kidding lol
it hurt to write those words.

Color:
I love black . . .ya it sounds weird but my fav color are black,white,and ORANGE.

music:
im not much of a metalhead but i like rock
Linkin park, 30 seconds to mars, ect. (i also love Jrock)<---alot

As for my style

eh. i dont. ever. were. pink. ever.
my clothe are usually contain black (my closet is like 80% black biggrin ) i actually recently got into lighter colors like Dark blue lol jk. I <3 skinny jeans (not the freakishly tight ones that are glued to you) and as for shirts i wear are always long sleeve so . .hard to shop for.

Personality:
i consider my self some what punk.
some one thought i was scene before (idk how they keep there hair up :O)(im not scene btw lol)
im a random person.
I dont curse.

well thats meh smile

P.S I LOVE PANDAS HANDS DOWN  

iSNP
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:31 pm
I don't follow any style or culture or anything of the like. I'm just a random, independent human who's alive. ROFL, that's how I'd describe myself. I don't fit in anywhere, but I can stand among most people since I'm open-minded & let people do what they wish since it is their choice. We should remember, "There is no compulsion in religion." (I quoted, but it's incredibly relevant & called for, seriously) I stand by what I believe is right & rebuke only those who try to make me stray. I do my best to follow what Allah has prescribed for us, but otherwise, let people do what they may. We have the right to be unique, to be who we are. I enjoy my own uniqueness (though not in an egotistical way, just a healthy way O.O). Anyway, I'm not high nor mighty nor do I try to control anyone. I'm very passionate about certain things & will not stop others from loving what they do. Though I don't agree that shutting up is equatable to being open-minded. Hm. Speak your mind & let other speak theirs. I will not let people tell me who I am anymore, I refuse to be what anyone wishes for me to be. I am me & you are you, does all the rest matter (good quote X] ).  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:55 am
LOL!!! Being goth/emo ect. Is like joining a new religion. that's why muslims shouldn't be that, they should be proud of themselvse smile

PS. that's the most confusing topic ever.  

The_Pathan
Captain

Qaroquine

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:07 am
The_Pathan
eing goth/emo ect. Is like joining a new religion.

Unless you're saying this from one heck of a bad experience, no it isn't.
How can it be so when your religion, if you have one, will set the standards of how you'll go about that subculture?

Quote:
that's why muslims shouldn't be that, they should be proud of themselvse

I am proud. Proud to be Muslim and part of the dark subcultures.

These responses have been a perfect example to what I was talking about...*sigh*  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:51 pm
Lenighma
The_Pathan
eing goth/emo ect. Is like joining a new religion.

Unless you're saying this from one heck of a bad experience, no it isn't.
How can it be so when your religion, if you have one, will set the standards of how you'll go about that subculture?

Quote:
that's why muslims shouldn't be that, they should be proud of themselvse

I am proud. Proud to be Muslim and part of the dark subcultures.

These responses have been a perfect example to what I was talking about...*sigh*

Alright, how in the world was I your "perfect example?"
-__- Believe things about me that you will, but I am me, that's all. I need no words to categorize what & who I am. That would just demean my existance. But alas, I've said what I have. If you don't accept me, that's fine. I really don't mind in the least. It doesn't change anything. ^^  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

Qaroquine

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:07 am
Saddest Shade of Kitsune

-__- Believe things about me that you will, but I am me, that's all. I need no words to categorize what & who I am. That would just demean my existance. But alas, I've said what I have. If you don't accept me, that's fine. I really don't mind in the least. It doesn't change anything. ^^

First of all, WHAT ARE you talking about??
I didn't dissect your words and put words in your mouth nor say anything about you.

Dude. Chill.

Second, the responses are the same to my topics that mirror this. Always. Either completely off-topic, have nothing to do with the topic, silly little rants I deem as off-topic or irrelevant, or are a bunch of self-defending religious sanctions I don't care to hear.
I don't CARE about you. I just wanted to know if there were others like me. In other words, why did you respond?
Same with many others.

Why did you respond?  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:08 pm
Lenighma
Saddest Shade of Kitsune

First of all, WHAT ARE you talking about??
I didn't dissect your words and put words in your mouth nor say anything about you.

Dude. Chill.

Second, the responses are the same to my topics that mirror this. Always. Either completely off-topic, have nothing to do with the topic, silly little rants I deem as off-topic or irrelevant, or are a bunch of self-defending religious sanctions I don't care to hear.
I don't CARE about you. I just wanted to know if there were others like me. In other words, why did you respond?
Same with many others.

Why did you respond?

Quote:

That's where you said something about me; you lopped me into a group. That's why I said what I said. But you don't care. -chuckles- I'm not bothered so don't raise your hackles. Self-righteous, aren't we? Why would people care to hear what you have to say if you don't care about what they have to say? Seriously...I can't fathom what you're expecting with the way you act. I'm not being insulting, I'm merely telling the truth. Ah well. I'll stop since you don't care what I say. Most people don't believe me anyhow. X]  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

Qaroquine

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:06 pm
Saddest Shade of Kitsune

Lenighma

That's where you said something about me; you lopped me into a group. That's why I said what I said. But you don't care. -chuckles- I'm not bothered so don't raise your hackles. Self-righteous, aren't we? Why would people care to hear what you have to say if you don't care about what they have to say? Seriously...I can't fathom what you're expecting with the way you act. I'm not being insulting, I'm merely telling the truth. Ah well. I'll stop since you don't care what I say. Most people don't believe me anyhow. X]

Damn. You have some serious issues. Or maybe that's just the way you come across on the internet...I know that feeling. I pity you, so I'm going to say this once. Listen to yourself and shut the hell up until you know how to stop defending yourself for no reason and actually pay attention to what others say. Hm, like how I said I didn't care about YOU.

Glad that's come across.

Now. Back to the actual topic.
Something new crossed my mind earlier today. I'm going to try to recruit...or see if I can recruit, some devious posse on Facebook. I have no one but my community members in my friends list (save...three special cases), so this is going to be difficult. If not impossible. Really, I'm just going on a whim. I don't expect to get much of a response if any at all, but...hopefully someone will surprise me. There isn't any other way to do this...

If there is no one else in this group who I actually can relate to, I'll be waiting to get a response from someone who can read.  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 pm
Lenighma
Saddest Shade of Kitsune

Lenighma

Damn. You have some serious issues. Or maybe that's just the way you come across on the internet...I know that feeling. I pity you, so I'm going to say this once. Listen to yourself and shut the hell up until you know how to stop defending yourself for no reason and actually pay attention to what others say. Hm, like how I said I didn't care about YOU.

Glad that's come across.

Now. Back to the actual topic.
Something new crossed my mind earlier today. I'm going to try to recruit...or see if I can recruit, some devious posse on Facebook. I have no one but my community members in my friends list (save...three special cases), so this is going to be difficult. If not impossible. Really, I'm just going on a whim. I don't expect to get much of a response if any at all, but...hopefully someone will be different. There isn't any other way to do this...

If there is no one else in this group who I actually can relate to, I'll be waiting to get a response from someone who can read.

I wonder why you feel the need to attack anyone who questions your methods or brings up other points... Or maybe you just dislike me. I don't care if you don't care about me. -shrugs- You're just like the rest of them. Pity? Go ahead, you're wasting your time even saying such a thing & implying that you're better than anyone else. We're all human, keep that in mind. I'm paying attention to what you're saying as well as what you're not saying. It's not hard to hear words unspoken. I address anything & everything so don't expect any less. My question: Why is it so pertinent that you find persons who follow Islam & the dark cultures? I'm not saying you care what I say, but hear me out. I know what it's like to be alone. -shakes head- I can't make you do anything, but I ask you to not brush people off so easily. It's your choice. There are other ways to relate to people...if you're willing to try. I don't know what you're looking for, but I hope you find it.  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

Qaroquine

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:49 pm
Saddest Shade of Kitsune

My question: Why is it so pertinent that you find persons who follow Islam & the dark cultures?

My answer: so that I can do activities with them. Maybe find a nice Muslim man and get married. Don't see what else. Also, I'm bored with all of the other generic things people do all the time because I simply cannot relate. I want something different. I feel so....out of place in my community. That's why it's so important. Here, I say something I like and people look at me as if I have a third eye. I look at them right back like I've given them the middle finger salute. It'd be nice to find people I can relate to.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:52 pm
Lenighma
Saddest Shade of Kitsune

My question: Why is it so pertinent that you find persons who follow Islam & the dark cultures?

My answer: so that I can do activities with them. Maybe find a nice Muslim man and get married. Don't see what else. Also, I'm bored with all of the other generic things people do all the time because I simply cannot relate. I want something different. I feel so....out of place in my community. That's why it's so important. Here, I say something I like and people look at me as if I have a third eye. I look at them right back like I've given them the middle finger salute. It'd be nice to find people I can relate to.

What's generic & what's not, in your opinion? I'm not looking at you except with eyes that try to see if you'll let me. Another question & I'm not judging, just wondering rather: How have Islam & dark cultures impacted your life?  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

Qaroquine

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:30 pm
Saddest Shade of Kitsune
What's generic & what's not, in your opinion? I'm not looking at you except with eyes that try to see if you'll let me. Another question & I'm not judging, just wondering rather: How have Islam & dark cultures impacted your life?

What you see and read every day is generic. Insipid. Very boring...to me, anyway. Movies, books, the way people act...the way they talk...etc, etc....
I don't know how to answer that. I don't know what you mean. Give me an example.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:56 pm
Lenighma
Saddest Shade of Kitsune

What you see and read every day is generic. Insipid. Very boring...to me, anyway. Movies, books, the way people act...the way they talk...etc, etc....
I don't know how to answer that. I don't know what you mean. Give me an example.

Ahhhhh...Somehow I saw that, but at the same time I didn't. I know what you mean, but at the same time, I never get bored so I cannot really understand it in that way. Anyway, I'll reword what I meant. How important are Islam & dark cultures to you? & also, how do they impact the way you live? As in, how do you live your life based upon them?  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

Qaroquine

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:19 pm
Saddest Shade of Kitsune
Ahhhhh...Somehow I saw that, but at the same time I didn't. I know what you mean, but at the same time, I never get bored so I cannot really understand it in that way. Anyway, I'll reword what I meant. How important are Islam & dark cultures to you? & also, how do they impact the way you live? As in, how do you live your life based upon them?

They're what make me me, so they're quite important. Can't really say much more than that...It's hard to put into words...

Same way I always have.
Are you trying to imply something...?  
General Debate Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas