Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[PRP] The edge of winter

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pukio

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:58 pm
It wasn't so much that he felt the cold - and anyway, the ice and snow of the haven was something different, not entirely ice and not entirely snow but nothing between either -, just found it... dull. There was no enjoyment in the endless winter and little for someone such as himself to find particularly interesting. Still, one does their part and for Maisha'otesha, the particular part was the low sway of the mountain where the rock protected the ground from much the the weather. There he took his time cultivating the arctic moss and the labrador tea, taking some idle pleasure in watching the scraggly plants with their fuzzy feelers and their tiny white flowers root and bloom until he had something comfortable to lie on.

And comfort, if nothing else, was something Maisha valued. Comfortable ground under him when he lay down, comfortable company, comfortable weather. The last he could fudge, but the rest were nearly requirements and it was why he wasn't often seen in the haven. All of those tended to be pretty scarce, what with most of the really interesting things happening far below in the savannas and the swamps and the murk of the mortal plane.

But occasionally, and heavens did he ever mean occasionally, it was nice to take a break and scuff around in the old craggy mountain face where he could do his part to bastardize a little piece of nature. There was nothing quite like the rush of forcing things to grow in the heart of darkness.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:07 pm
Kilunzi was taking a break. Not that there was much to take a break from, really, but every once in awhile, it was nice to take some time for herself. She'd done this before, occasionally. Out of the blue, she would decided that she wanted some time away from the other gods and goddesses. Not that she didn't enjoy their company or helping them to unburden their minds. She liked listening to their secrets. She understood them and she would always keep them safe. However, at times she needed a change of pace.

Her equally quiet companion, the white raven Irc, perched on her shoulder as she walked along the mountain side. They both could have flown, but she enjoyed the simple action of walking. It was quiet and peaceful here, if cold. The snow never seemed to bother her. She neither liked nor disliked it. A part of her did wish to see some plant life, but it was very difficult for her to walk among mortals. It was difficult for the mortals too, because of the effect she tended to have on them.

Kilu eventually made it to the lower sway of the mountain, a rocky place. She was careful where she stepped, not wanting to disturb the environment. So engrossed was she, that she did not notice the presence of another deity until she practically walked into him. Kilu was startled and unsure of what to say. She had never expected to run into someone else out here.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Pukio

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:21 pm
Laying down in the bed of arctic moss had done nothing toward keeping his alert, and in all honestly Maisha was half dozing when his respite was suddenly interrupted by the presence of another creature on the mountain. The sound of a rock sliding and tumbling to a destination far below made him blink and sway up onto his belly with a faint crunch and crackle of the branches growing from his back. He yawned, blinking around to look directly at where the goddess stood.

A long pause followed as he licked the front of his nose, wrinkled it, blinked at her a few more times and then he cleared his throat. He didn't actually rise - too much effort and he'd just gotten comfortable and even if there was no sun shining here directly, at least it wasn't snowy underfoot.

"Good morning, little charm," he rumbled, lazily licking the inside of his paw and then smoothing his beard. Who knew if it was actually morning - hard to tell here. The god's body looked a little old and weary from the mortal plane, something tired and glinting low in his dark green eyes. Or maybe that was the acacia leaf - hells, it was sometimes hard to tell, particularly so high up on the mountain.

Apparently, Maisha had no real aptitude toward conversation beyond that. Or at least, he took a long minute to figure out what he was saying next. He smoothed the fur on the upturned side of his left paw, wrinkled his nose again as if offended by it, and then looked at her straight in the eye again. "What brings you here?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 pm
Kilunzi nodded a greeting, still startled. She managed to summon up a salutation though.

"Good morning to you."

It was very early morning, by Kilunzi's reckoning, but the greeting still worked. Irc bobbed a tired greeting before continuing to doze quietly on Kilu's shoulder, his head tucked beneath his wing.

Turning back towards the god, she took a moment to look him over. She'd never seen him before, but that wasn't strange. There were quite a few gods and goddesses she had never met before. His appearance was very interesting and handsome. It almost looked like he had plants growing on him. Kilu turned her gaze towards the god's resting place and noticed some plant life growing there. She could easily hazard a guess then at his domain.

Shaking away her thoughts, Kilu cleared her throat quietly before answering his question.

"I wanted to get away for a little while. This area is so peaceful. I am sorry if I disturbed you."

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Pukio

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:50 pm
"No disturbance," he assured her, leaning forward slightly, shifting his center of gravity up onto his chest and over his front paws. He gave her a sidelong look, roguish charm if it wasn't for the half asleep expression still on his face. "Just don't tell anyone you found me here. It's my secret place."

Maisha chuckled, settling back. After a beat he deigned to shift over on the arctic grass, tail and all it's floral abundance flicking lazily across the spare growth. "Have a sit?" He wasn't exactly one to turn down company, particularly charming little startled-bird kind of company, even if it came attached to a literal bird. Little creatures flitting around, snapping off tree branches for their nests and their bird business. Circle of life, he supposed, though that didn't stop him from being maybe a little bit condescending to the nasty little animals.

But no matter. He could swallow a bird - or, er, maybe that wasn't the best way of putting it. He could deal with a bird.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:08 pm
Kilunzi couldn't help but be a little charmed by the kind god. Not only did he hasten to reassure her that she had not disturbed his rest, but he also offered to share his space with her. It was very generous of him. Kilu smiled softly and walked over, settling gracefully onto what she assumed was a form of arctic moss. It made a very nice and comfortable place to recline.

Her attention was taken for a moment by Irc, who nibbled gently on her ear. She turned towards her companion who whispered quietly in her ear. Kilunzi nodded and Irc launched carefully into the air and flew off.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. Please forgive my companion. He said it might make you more comfortable if he left for awhile," said Kilu, with a shrug. It didn't bother her, she was used to the small white bird coming and going as he chose to. He was as reclusive as she was at times.

"I promise I won't tell anyone about your spot. I definitely respect your secret place," said Kilu with a chuckle and a grin. "Actually, since it is your secret place, I couldn't tell anyone else, even if I wanted to. Which I don't. Secrets are meant to be secret," she added with a nod.

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Pukio

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:43 pm
"Ah, a clever little flower. Good," he said eyeballing the white bird as it flit away and quickly disappeared, white feathers on white snow. "It's an important thing, knowing the importance of a secret. Not everyone does, you know." He snorted, though like anything with the god, his indignance was wrapped in a fine veneer of nonchalance, of being perhaps not entirely aware of what he was saying (or maybe too aware, or some confusing in-between).

He liked her already - all quiet and clever and sensible in that nice soft way that didn't really grate because it seemed like he could talk over her if he needed to. Not that Maisha did that kind of thing often, not that he was aware of anyway. It wasn't exactly rare for him to be blissfully unaware of others, but he tried to at least pay half attention even if the ground insisted on being comfortable against his belly and he could feel something like a hum in his ear from the feel of the plants. Here though it was easier - so little growth, not much to be distracted by.

"Now, I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a dodgy old man and that I don't know as much as I should, or as many as I should, so you might as well spare me the wait and introduce yourself."  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:24 pm
Kilu chuckled softly. She liked this male with his blunt, yet clever way of speaking. It was a refreshing difference from her usual routine. It wasn't often that she was able to have a conversation that was strictly casual, not a conference or a sort of therapy session.

After watching Irc fade into the distance, she turned her gaze back so she could answer his question.

"My name is Kilunzi, goddess of Secrets. But please, you must call me Kilu. My companion, whose company you dislike, is Irc," she added with a smile and a graceful nod of the head. She would have stood to bow, but was too comfortable and was sure that he would forgive her.

"I came to find some peace, and it would seem that I am not the only one who does such things after all. May I know your name, please?"

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Pukio

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:35 pm
Maisha paused a second, processing the piece of information, and then he chuckled: a low humming rumble deep in the barrel of his chest. Well, that explained the appreciation of the value of secrets, didn't it? Talk about serendipity.

"Well, isn't that a coincidence." He chuckled, pawing idly at the sparse vegetation under his foot, scratching quietly at the hard earth at the very edge of the growth. Careful not to tear up any of the plants, but also just faintly absentmindedly fidgety enough to go picking at the ground without really paying attention to what he was doing.

"God of plants," he hummed. "Maisha'otesha, though again that's a hellsdamned mouthful, isn't it? Maisha's fine."  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:28 pm
"It's very nice to meet you, Maisha," said Kilunzi with a smile. She was always a bit formal with her way of speaking. It was a traditional kind of thing and she'd always done it. She often wondered if her parents had raised her that way, but she did not remember them at all.

God of plants. Well, that definitely explained the presence of the moss and the arctic plants. She hadn't expected to see any plant life around here without some sort of divine intervention.

"I don't believe I have met you before. Granted, there are a great number of gods and goddesses I haven't met. I am attempting to be more social. Though . . . I guess I still want some time alone every once in awhile."

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces