Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
SSF4 help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:44 pm
I just finally started to play the 4th and at the moment i find myself comfortable with Juri and have issues pulling off Ultra Combos. Everything else is fine. Most of my losses though is because of my inability of using Ultra's... any tips/character suggestions?

So the past 15 ranked matches I have battled a lot of Ryu users. Are the other characters just not worthy to use or what. Can someone explain?  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:02 pm
Everyone is ok to use just you suck.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:53 am
Ryu is good, but there are better characters. Everyone in the game is pretty much usable, but if you try to use Dan or Sakura it's definitely an uphill battle.

Are you having trouble doing Juri's ultra combos? Just go into training mode and turn on infinite ultra meter. They're pretty simple to execute with a little practice. The real trick is comboing into her second ultra (since her first ultra you can just activate and it lasts as long as the timer does).

As for facing Ryu with Juri, try to do that dive kick move after every hadoken. I forget its name, the attack where you're in the air with juri and you do a quarter circle back + kick I think. (The one where she dives from the air into the enemy)  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:23 pm
EX Dive kick combos into Ultra 2 on most characters, doing trials helps too. If it about execution then you are just bad and you should have offed your self ages ago.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:35 am
As of this moment, yes i do suck kunx. That is likely due to not playing the game before. I am improving and I am chaining combos appropriately. I understand the play style now of Juri and frequently winning more often.

The only difficulties i am having at the moment is playing a defensive strategy vs anyone with a uppercut/shoryuoken. Unfortunately I wont be able to play anything xbox related until insurance money is collected  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:23 am
Punish fireballs with Dive kicks.

Also you auto lose in every Fireball war.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

Master Xero_01

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:05 pm
with Juri you can try using her fire ball move also because the power kick before it cancels out fireball move and you will still have the other one waiting so you can try that and with facing shoryuoken Draw them in by using a low dive kick because most will think you are doing the long one providing room for you to strike back  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games