Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
Randomly finding out things on Sims is awesome :D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:07 pm
For some reason I wasn't aware that in Sims 3 that people who do not live in your household go on with their lives without any interaction from the player.

I had a female sim who had four children with a guy and then they broke up. After the kids were grown I checked the family tree out of curiosity.

The father of her children ended up dating her sister and had a kid with her o_O

So that would make my sims children have an aunt/half-sister. O_O

I never realized that they can get husbands/wives on their own and have children.

What's something you've randomly found out lately in sims 3?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:28 pm
If a sim doesn't have a chair to sit on when they have a meal, they'll sit on the toilet or bathtub.
User Image  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 am
Probably not a "feature" that I found out, but I learned something about Thorton Wolf.

I had him divorce his wife to marry my sim, thinking that since he hates children, and is rich, he was the perfect lifemate for my sim. Well, about a day after him and I moved into our new home, his ex-wife had a baby and it was his.

I was shocked because he "dislikes Children", and he left me to go to the hospital with Morganne Wolf for their baby. Sometimes, I wish traits stuck with the sims in story progression. >.<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 pm
I just found out that Meteor Strikes exist! And that they can kill your sims! And that when your sims become ghosts by the metors, they look really cool! The meteor ghost looks similar to a fire ghost, but the color of the flames is slightly different and the eyes cool cooler!

PICS COMING SOON!

Th3Vintag3Imag3

Madame Royale

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:36 am
I found out a sim can get romantically involved with a relative if they aren't parents, siblings, aunt/uncle, or cousins. I'm sure they could get married and have kids but I didn't try it out.

The sim I'm currently playing had the option to flirt with her father's cousin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:21 pm
I learned you can move spiral stairs around with the alt key like any other object.  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Allrose

Beloved Lunatic

15,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:21 pm
Its not the most awesome thing to find out, but I found out yesterday that if a guest at your Sims home plays guitar on the front lawn, its considered "Rude Behavior" to your Sim. I don't see how, I mean, if the guy wants to practice, he wants to practice.

The problem I had with this when I found out was I brought my Sim over just to train the guest, but as soon as the guest began to play the guitar, my Sim immediately scolded him, and from that ONE scold, the guest ended up leaving. It was...upsetting. Maybe its just my Sim that doesnt like it, but it happened. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:00 am
I learned that a meteor can strike the school and kill all of the children and teens in the school, but the school is still there, normal as ever, with some space rocks sitting by it! crying  

cristy9666

Madame Royale

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:18 pm
cristy9666
I learned that a meteor can strike the school and kill all of the children and teens in the school, but the school is still there, normal as ever, with some space rocks sitting by it! crying

What? XDD That's hilarious. What are the chances? haha  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:44 am
Madame Royale
cristy9666

What? XDD That's hilarious. What are the chances? haha

And another time it hit the subway and completely destroyed it! eek Has anyone else seen the meteor destroy something?  

cristy9666

demon_babe00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:20 pm
I learned my sim likes to shower with her formal dress on. I have no idea where the heck it came from...but whatever floats her boat.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:21 pm
cristy9666

Awe.

That's another reason for my kids to skip school. Haha.  

demon_babe00

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:46 pm
demon_babe00
I learned my sim likes to shower with her formal dress on. I have no idea where the heck it came from...but whatever floats her boat.

If it's custom content then the creator probably ticked it as valid for naked when they shouldn't have.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:17 pm
your mailman can be an a*****e sometimes.

one day I was going somewhere and at the same time he showed up.

He was just in a pissy mood so he threw my mail on my lawn.  

Leader of the Penguins

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
The Sims 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items