Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Your top 5/10 360 games

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:51 pm
Since the xbox 360 only realistically has 1 or 2 years left in its lifespan before the next generation of systems is unrolled, I was curious what you guys would say are your top 5 or 10 xbox 360 games are. (Maybe top 15 if you're feeling adventurous)

If you could provide reasons that'd be great, if not, a list is fine too. I'm mostly curious since I want to play through whatever cheap games I missed, and maybe gamefly any of the newer ones. I'm also trying to play through all these games to formulate my own list. Spoiler - Bioshock is by far number 1 so far on my personal list.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:01 pm
Also, if you're a PS3 only type of person, feel free to make a list too, as long as you don't have any PS3 exclusives on the list.  

nitnit
Captain

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:43 pm
5. Ikaruga
4. MvC2/CvS2
3. HDR
2. Geometry Wars
1. Halo 2  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:12 am
Don't have a 360, but there is one game that the PS3 is realisticallly not going to get in English*...

That being Tales of Vesperia.

*The Japanese PS3 version has a pretty extensive list of things that were added in, including a main character. However, it's not likely coming to the US because Bandai Namco games in the US is just lazy  

pathetic_negi_magician

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:28 am
I heard that Tales of Vesperia is almost on par with the other tales games like Symphonia and Abyss.

Unfortunately I watched my roomate play Symphonia and Abyss and they annoyed the hell out of me with the voice acting and general JRPGness.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:35 am
nitnit
I heard that Tales of Vesperia is almost on par with the other tales games like Symphonia and Abyss.

Unfortunately I watched my roomate play Symphonia and Abyss and they annoyed the hell out of me with the voice acting and general JRPGness.

This  

Haratio TaFotter

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:20 pm
Honestly it was mostly the voice acting that killed it for me. Especially Symphonia's voice acting. That and the fact that playing one of those games would be a 20-30 hour investment, and I do intend to eventually play all the Final Fantasies at some point.

Anyways, I digress. Kunx's post was fairly entertaining since all of those games can technically be played on the 360...

Let me throw in some more stipulations:

- Arcade/PSN games are allowed, only if the 360 (and PS3) was their primary system. Examples: Castle Crashers, Shadow Complex.

- What the above rule means is that games like MvC2, Banjo Kazooie, etc. are not allowed because they are ports. Enhanced remakes like Street Fighter 2 HDR are also not allowed.

- Just because you can download some of them on xbox live, and certain games are backwards compatible doesn't mean they belong on the list. (directed at Kunx's placement of Halo 2)

I like many of these games a lot, but I'm trying to discover what you guys honestly think are the top games of the 360.

And yes, this is one thread where I'll withdraw my criticisms, so feel free to put games I hate on your lists, lol. (If I were making a top 10 list, I think even Fallout 3 would make it on0  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:21 pm
Fine then.

5. Gears (I guess)
4. Braid
3. Castle Crashers
2. Halo 3
1. Halo Reach Beta  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

Rock Paper Kill You

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:05 am
Have you played Red Dead Redemption?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:20 pm
nitnit
Honestly it was mostly the voice acting that killed it for me. Especially Symphonia's voice acting. That and the fact that playing one of those games would be a 20-30 hour investment, and I do intend to eventually play all the Final Fantasies at some point.

Try 60-70 hour investment on a first play-through.

Though I guess it goes down in time if you don't increase the difficulty and carry over Capacity Cores (in Abyss). And in all of them, keeping default difficulty and buying x10 experience saves time.

But yeah, it's a big time investment that's more of a niche in the US.  

pathetic_negi_magician

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:08 pm
5.Fallout 3 GOTY
4.Final Fantasy 13
3.Braid
2.Mass Effect 2
1.Red Dead Redemption  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:22 am
The Ginger Dude
5.Fallout 3 GOTY
4.Final Fantasy 13
3.Braid
2.Mass Effect 2
1.Red Dead Redemption

I enjoy how none of them are 360 exclusives.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 pm
Yep gotta be well-rounded cool  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:26 pm
5. Fable 2
4. Bioshock
3. SoulCalibur 4
2. Forza Motorsport 3
1. Mass Effect  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 am
Kunx the Mighty
The Ginger Dude
5.Fallout 3 GOTY
4.Final Fantasy 13
3.Braid
2.Mass Effect 2
1.Red Dead Redemption

I enjoy how none of them are 360 exclusives.

Excluding the PC version Mass Effect 2 is.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games