[PRP] - Sanctuary of Penance - Judeau and Amisa

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The little godling laid alone, curled into the snow of the haven, silent tears staining his cheeks. It was cruel, a heavy burden for one so young to face, too soon for him had the days of carefree innocence passed, the bliss of childhood already fading from his grasp.

The day had started out with excitement, his first journey to the mortal realm, his father, brother, and his new avian friend Corkus at his side. But that journey had come with a high price for the young god, his first view of mortals bringing the truth, the purpose of his domain. Why did there have to be so much darkness in the world?

With horror he had seen it all, the sadness, the cruelty, the horrible things that mortals did to each other. He had tried to put on a strong face, even as it tore at him, tried to smile for his brother who saw nothing, able to remain blissfully unaware, innocent of all around him. Was that Judeau's true purpose, to protect innocence?

It was a horrifying thought, one that had already begun to take it's toll on the god of penance. His fur was turning gray and dull, the edges of his wings growing frayed, feathers falling here and there in his wake.

A paw raided to wipe a tear, he couldn't face Van, not like this, not now, he wasn't ready.

So he laid alone.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:15 am
User Image
It was not a total respite, coming to the god's haven, but Amisa needed some relief. She felt some guilt taking some time for herself, but she just felt so worn. Even if she didn't look it she was so tired. Just before she had come here there had been a young one, little more than a cub, and it had broken her heart to see such a small one so distressed. The goddess hadn't wasted time flying her after that. Instead she had teleported herself, landing so gently on the snow of the haven she'd barely disturbed it. A long line of pawprints led back to where she'd arrived and it hadn't been a merry little jaunt.

She too knew the horrors that could happen in the mortal realm and she too was not the kind of god to revel in it. There was no delight in seeing all the things she so often saw. Perhaps if she were the goddess of misery, pain or victims she'd enjoy it...Even though it upset her, she was glad that it didn't and she wasn't. She supposed she wouldn't be Amisa if it did and she were.

The pale goddess followed one of the little 'paths' - tracks worn into the snow and stone where several gods had walked - thinking. She didn't cry, solemn as she was. But off to the side she hear a muffled little noise. Near silent. You'd most certainly miss it if you weren't so terribly used to finding young ones who were trying to hide while they cried.

"Hello?" She called, taking a few steps off the path towards the sound. Amisa was made to comfort others, quite literally. She knew most people didn't like to be seen when they were hurting and wanted to give the other god time to collect themselves, to know she was there, to speak back to tell her to go away or invite her forward.  

Successful Edit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:22 am
Startled from his thoughts, the little cub nearly jumped, searching for the source of the voice. His first thought had been to flee, that Van had found him. NO! He couldn't let Van see him like this, he couldn't stand the thought of making Van sad.

But no, it wasn't Van, it couldn't be. It was a voice he didn't know, someone he'd never seen. A muffled sniffle, Judeau looked up, eyes searching until at last he found the pale goddess against the snow.

"Who...who are you?"

He voice was soft, broken by his tears, the words of a gentle soul who had seen more than he was ready to face. And yet there was a hint of curiosity at the edge. He only hoped she was friendly...or at least wouldn't tell his siblings where he was.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:08 am
"My name is Amisa. I'm the goddess of Sanctuary." She paused before adding a small explanation, for with god cubs you could never tell if they remembered being adults and her domain was not a normal everyday word a child would use. Hopefully she wouldn't seem patronising, but it always helped with fellow gods to know both who and what they were, what they embodied.

"That means I help those who are in trouble and I give them a safe place and comfort." Well, roughly what she did anyway and not all of it was her domain. Amisa was a kind hearted soul. She did more than just give a sanctuary when it was possible and it was why she was so worn down all the time. She didn't just pop in and conjure sanctuaries. She was 'nosy', got involved, tried to help more. And now she could no more stop helping those in need than she could stop breathing the air (or did gods not have to do that? She'd never tried anyway).

"Who are you?" The goddess ventured forward a little and kept her wings tucked it, hoping that the juvenile would be able to pick up that she meant him no harm. She smiled at him and while it wasn't a fake happy grin, the soft sad smile she gave was sympathetic and genuine.

Poor little male, she thought, he looked so sad. She'd seen too many children cry this day, and this one a godling too.  

Successful Edit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:00 pm
He was trying his best to wipe away the tears with his forepaws, tears that had already begun to leave their mark on his dulling coat. Would he ever be able to wipe them away?

"I...know what it means."

He was a clever little godling, far more philosophical than his forever easy-going twin. But though he knew the word, he had never imagined a goddess of sanctuary. Sanctuary, that sounded like a wonderful idea.

Standing to his paws, Judeau offered a small smile. It was a meek smile, touched by sorrow, yet it brought a hint of brightness to his face.

"Judeau, god of penance."

He looked to her with pale blue eyes, she seemed nice, was she sad like him? Why?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:41 pm
"That's good! I have to explain it so often..." Her smile brightened just a teeny bit, pleased that he knew the word. Clever. His own domain was a somewhat unusual word too. She wondered how it worked for him; how he was Penance and how being Penance affected his life. Maybe that was why he was crying out here alone in the snow? Repentance and remorse, sorrow for past actions - not the nicest things.

"It's nice to meet you Judeau." She sat down and curled her tail around, looking down at him kindly.  

Successful Edit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:07 pm
"Does it...make you sad?"

If she was sanctuary, a protector, did that mean she had to see why? Did she have to see the very act that led others to seek sanctuary? How much darkness had she seen?

A paw to the eyes again, he was doing his best. He didn't want to cry, he didn't want to make her sad, she was too kind to be sad. She was pretty, he liked her wings, they looked so big and soft, maybe even bigger than his sister's.

"Do you have an opposite? My dad said that there's an opposite to everything, that for there to be good there has to be bad, that there has to be balance."

But that didn't make it any easier to face. Van'kal was his opposite? Innocence to Penance, he saw everything that was dark while his brother only had to see the light. He didn't want his brother to see anything but light, but would that mean he never saw the light himself?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:12 pm
"Yes, it does." Amisa wouldn't lie and Judeau seemed to have picked up her sorrow anyway. To tell the truth, they had both come here to be sad it seemed. Just she was too worn out to actually cry about it. Was that was what was upsetting the godling then, something like what had always upset her?

"I don't know if I have a direct opposite because my domain is very specific, unless there is a god of unsafe-places, but in a way I suppose I do. I work against other forces like danger and threat, so I opposite to them and they are opposite me." She mused aloud her answer to his question and then wondered who the boys father was. He sounded like a wise enough god. Though it did not always break down into strict dualities, the world tended to be made up of opposing forces that balanced each other out.

"Do you have an opposite?" She settled down, since they weren't going anywhere, moving gracefully from sitting to laying. She gestured he was welcome to come closer if he wished. Amisa certainly wasn't a threatening creature.  

Successful Edit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 pm
He was silent, watching her a moment, taking in her words. Was balance not as simple as just black and white, light and dark, good and bad? Was there more too, more subtle opposites? Did some domains oppose others together instead of one to one? Maybe his father would tell him the answer to that.

Several step forward, Judeau approached the goddess, stopping to sit a short distance in front of her, as close as he could without craning his neck uncomfortably to look at her.

"My brother, he's innocence. He doesn't see any of the things I see."

There was the smallest hint of jealousy in his voice. It didn't seem fair, why did he have to see it when his twin did not.

"Does it...get any easier?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:46 am
"Innocence?" Something in Amira's heart lightened a little. It was oddly cheering to know that someone, somewhere, would in theory remain innocent when everyone else had to deal with life's dark side. But then, if the cost of that precious innocence was a magic trade off that was painful to his sibling...Amira sighed. It was a tricky situation.

"It does, I think. When I was younger -" Though not smaller, for she'd always been an adolescent and always would be - "I couldn't always do my job because I couldn't handle seeing some of the things I saw. But as I've grown older I've grown stronger and knowing that there are those who need me helps."  

Successful Edit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:43 pm
A small smile tugged at the corner of his maw, reassured by her words, a bit more cheerful than he had been before. He hoped that she was right, that there would come a day he could face his domain without feeling it would crush him, that he could look to the world without breaking into tears, and that he could face his brother again. But so many dark things, could it ever really be bearable, he really wished he didn't have to see it.

"That's good, you shouldn't have to be sad."

He looked up at her, his smile a little brighter, more sincere. He didn't want anyone to have to be sad...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:55 am
"If it makes you sad, there's no shame in that, but it shouldn't be everything." She nodded, smiling. She was glad he seemed to be cheering and she was also cheered somewhat.

"Happiness and sadness go together, and should balance with other emotions. It's not good to have one overpower you always." Oh, but then she felt a twinge at that. It was, she thought, true. It was unhealthy in most to always be happy or always be sad, to be stuck in one mood for good. But wasn't she a fraud? Amisa had been mostly sad for so long...so busy with 'work'...and these days she felt guilty even taking a short rest.

She'd have to take some of her own advice in future that was for sure.  

Successful Edit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:43 am
Her words echoed in his ears as they sank in, his head titled as he thought about what she'd said. It was like something his dad would have said, maybe like something he had said before. Either way, Amisa was very wise.

"You talk like my dad."

It was meant as a compliment, spoken with that little smile on his face.

She was right, it was okay for him to be sad, but he also didn't always have to be sad. He had his father, his mother, his brother, his new friend Amisa, and his sisters. There were things to be happy for, things that could still make him smile even when he felt sad.

"Thank you."

He felt a lot better than he had, would it be okay if he gave her a hug? Maybe he could make her feel better too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:33 pm
"Thank you." His little smile was returned in kind and if he wanted a hug, Amisa'd be more than happy to oblidge. Her large wings were a shelter and her fur was warm and when she was a very young herself she'd once declared 'an embrace always make everying better'. It didn't always but it still often felt like it did.

"My pleasure Judeau. You can call on me anytime." Amisa nodded. She'd only hear (feel) straight away if he was really truely in trouble, urgently. But a direct call from someone upset would get there quicker than a call from someone who didn't know her name or that she really existed.  

Successful Edit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:34 pm
He had risen to his paws, shyly taking a step forward, another step. Then, as if seizing on his courage before he lost it, Judeau bounded to the goddess' side, his small form pressing against hers in a hug. Her wings were so soft and warm, he couldn't help but feel safe and happy, even if only for a moment.

"Okay, I will."

They were friends right? And they could meet anytime, they could talk, or just sit quietly, and maybe next time it'd be him who helped her, he liked that idea.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games