Reply Survival (NOW OPEN)
Post yer threads!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:21 am
So, you're sitting at home and you see this. Time to grab your backpack and ur SKS and go inna woods. Hmm...what to wear? More importantly, what and why?

My area is mostly farm fields, woods and marsh / swamp aside from some towns. This time of year everything is thick and green, so that affects my choice of camo.

starting from the bottom up:

*Vietnam jungle boots Chosen because they are lightweight and I won't worry about the water inside them as much with drain holes in the sides.
*Lightweight cargo pants (camo). Drawstrings on the bottoms and easy to move in.
*generic belt for knives and stuff. Oh, and holding my pants up.
*Surplus BDU jacket, also lightweight, same camo patern. Has pockets and is pretty durable.
*Finally, my war helm shall be a polish WW2 surplus with a (same) camo cover. A floppy hat would probably do me just as well, but it could come in handy.

I'd also like to take my ghille suit for appropriate settings since it is fairly compact in its own little bag. Originally desert color, it has enough mud and stains to blend in.

Here's my camo of choice:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:00 am
MARPAT ACU's (B/C its the next best thing to Multi-cam, which I don't have.)
BATES Gor-tex boots (GOR-TEX)  

090Freak090

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:22 am
I wish 5.11 still made camo products. I have a half-trashed and much-patched pair of their standard tactical pants in desert digicam, and when they were newer, I once LOST MY OWN LEGS on a starlit night. The pebbles on the ground were the same size and color as the pixels of the pants, and I only found my legs again when I connected the dots between my shoes and my shirt.

Also, I recommend against M1 jungle boots. I've heard many positive reviews, but I personally burned through two pairs in a month, because of the shitty eyelets ripping through the leather.  
Survival (NOW OPEN)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games