Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
So about the major earthquakes Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:36 pm
There's been a few major earthquakes over the past few years that have effectively shifted the earth's axis a good half a foot. That's not much, but I'm seeing changes already.
The moon phases are differing from what they should be. There's a full moon about every 3 weeks.
We had a horrible winter with accumulative of 6 feet of snow over two weeks. That never happens here. Ever.
It's been hitting the 100's for a good three weeks.
South American birds have been spotted in North America, migrating here, and never have before.
A hurricane destroyed a town in Michigan the other week. I used to live there, there was never any hurricanes.

anyone else notice?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:39 pm
As you were, I was

It's normal, shifts like this happen every 100 years or so.

Edit:
Source on the Hurricane hitting a place in Michigan.

As I am, you will be

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:53 pm
I don't think the earthquakes are caused by us in any manner, nor do I think we could prevent them. I haven't really noticed that large of a change in the moon phases.
Last summer was mostly decent.. except for one week where it hit in the 110's for the whole week, then this winter was the worst in 30 years.
And it's much too early for hurricanes, so I couldn't have been "the other week" unless you mean MANY weeks ago. And google says no official "hurricane" has hit Michigan. They've all been downgraded before they've gotten there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:34 pm
Well... Last winter we got two blizzards in the same week. The winter before we say nay a flake, actually a few, but nothing to amount to anything. This year we had 3 blizzards total. We were not prepared at all. A farmer was using his 8 ton tractor to plow everyone out and he was still slipping and sliding. That is not normal for around here. And the people have changed XD I know that has nothing to do with it, I just wanted to throw that in there for kicks and giggles.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:32 am
NASA's information on axis shift
It would seem the shifts are less than half of a foot.
I feel it is worth noting that a shift like that is common.

One thing that I think we should consider is that our planet undergoes many changes every year that are perfectly natural. For example- our last mini ice age was between 1300 and 1850 AD. This cooling period was in response to the Medieval Warming Period. I am not sure where the accumulation of the six feet of snow was- if you are willing to share that with me, I would be happy to review snow records. It may be the case that it has happened, but it has not happened in our lifetime.

Could you tell me which birds have migrated?

I feel a lot of the statements are not adding up, but I wish to investigate them further.

In regards to the moon phases, the next full moon will be on June 26th. The one following that is on July 26th- which is substantially longer than three weeks.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:36 am
I haven't noticed any lunar changes. My Lunabar and calender are right on the dot.

The first quarter this month is Sat the 19th, same on my written calendar.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:40 am
I had something all typed out, then my electricity went snap, crackle, pop and everything poofed.

Basically there are phases/cycles that we go through, some we see within our lifetimes, some we don't. The East Coast used to get "major" snows about once every 7 or so years. The cycle's been off a bit recently though, and we've been way over due for a bad one, so over all it wasn't that surprising.

I know that earthquakes happen all the time, and though I think that there has been an increase in activity as of late, it's hard to tell anymore if it's just that there is more happening, or more "media" reporting on it. I think that is where we start getting a little hysterical - the media bringing these things to our attention, when before we wouldn't have noticed.

There was a tornado that killed 7 people in Ohio the beginning of June, and that same storm did some severe damage in Michigan, but it wasn't a hurricane. If I remember correctly (don't know if it was the same storm system or not, and we've had quite a bit of flooding here as well, so it was likely one of those), hubby said that one of the weather guys was comparing the way the system was acting to a hurricane (circular motion and what not) - saying something along the lines of "if this was sitting over the Atlantic, we'd be calling it a hurricane", but it wasn't actually one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:04 am
Calelith
As you were, I was

Edit:
Source on the Hurricane hitting a place in Michigan.

As I am, you will be

Was watching the news. Sorry, didn't record.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:11 am
Brass Bell Doll
NASA's information on axis shift
It would seem the shifts are less than half of a foot.
I feel it is worth noting that a shift like that is common.

One thing that I think we should consider is that our planet undergoes many changes every year that are perfectly natural. For example- our last mini ice age was between 1300 and 1850 AD. This cooling period was in response to the Medieval Warming Period. I am not sure where the accumulation of the six feet of snow was- if you are willing to share that with me, I would be happy to review snow records. It may be the case that it has happened, but it has not happened in our lifetime.

Could you tell me which birds have migrated?

I feel a lot of the statements are not adding up, but I wish to investigate them further.

In regards to the moon phases, the next full moon will be on June 26th. The one following that is on July 26th- which is substantially longer than three weeks.

Here's one bird.

And I have a newspaper article of another, i'll scan it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:26 am
xXx kitsy xXx

Here's one bird.

I'm sorry, I'm confused. I was under the impression that there was a full migration of a species that had never been in North America before. I can understand how if that had happened, why it could cause some alarm, but this is the sighting of a single bird that has been spotted in the United States before.

I feel it is important to note that occasionally animals that have established migration routes get lost. I live near the ocean- and whales wondering off course happen every other year or so.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 pm
Give me time, I will be clear...

I'm not pretty sure if I'd notice it. But my winter when I was up in Ohio was the worst I could remember. We had six feet of snow for almost a MONTH. o.o But now I'm in Florida, and everyone's been telling me that it's too hot for SPRING. It's been hitting the 100's. I'm scared for summer.

Given time, you'll understand...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:16 pm
yeah I've noticed the weather has been different

Calelith
As you were, I was

but scince you brought this up it might be the reason (and I just started getting prepared for 2012)  

warhead1029

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 am
Brass Bell Doll
xXx kitsy xXx

Here's one bird.

I'm sorry, I'm confused. I was under the impression that there was a full migration of a species that had never been in North America before. I can understand how if that had happened, why it could cause some alarm, but this is the sighting of a single bird that has been spotted in the United States before.

I feel it is important to note that occasionally animals that have established migration routes get lost. I live near the ocean- and whales wondering off course happen every other year or so.

That is one lost bird  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:03 pm
nothing seems that different over here in florida.
but i dont track weather stuff or watch the news that much.

Bad Quality Serena

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:57 pm
Aakosir
Brass Bell Doll
xXx kitsy xXx

Here's one bird.

That is one lost bird

I said it was one bird, didn't I?
But the article (that I need to find again...) Has a very brightly colored bird. Several.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games