Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Health food people get on my nerves

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:19 am
I came across this article on yahoo news http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/truth-about-your-food where they author is saying "blah blah doritos have 36 ingredients, home made tortilla chips have three" and it pisses me off. Because if you made those tortilla chips in the factory you have to list the flour, the flour bleaching agent, the slurry, the levening agent, the baking soda, the oil and the seasonings and sure they add preservaties, but i dont feel like paying $20 for a bag of chips because they had to overnight ship them because they go stale after four days.

It always makes me mad those health food people go "lol too many ingredients its bad" but i look at half the names they list and i understand the chemicals (two years of chemistry) and say wtf? if they did any research at all into what they put into stuff when its truly homemade or the ingredients they put into processed food they would see other than some preservatives, food coloring and some stabilizers there isnt much difference besides the high tech names.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:50 pm
I have a similar thing against anti-smoking ads. I don't smoke, I don't want to, but blatant half-truths annoy the ******** out of me. "Cigarette smoke contains rocket fuel!" You know what rocket fuel is? Liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen. When burned, it becomes WATER. "Cigarettes contain arsenic!" Water contains arsenic. No smoker has ever died from arsenic poisoning because of his cigs. Seriously, until you have white lines on your fingernails, it doesn't matter.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:42 pm
Hell, I'm vegan and this stuff pisses me off.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:25 am
WHEN U GOT TO BBQ, YOU GOT TO BBQ!!!!  

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out