Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
My thread on FurAffinity Forums got locked?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:26 pm
Boy it's dead around here.

I've been a bad boy.. my first FAF thread ever to be locked. Although it wasn't my fault.

http://forums.furaffinity.net/showthread.php?75423-Found-this-on-youtube...

The funny thing was I posted this thread last night, went to bed, and it shot up to 6 pages overnight. biggrin

The controversy started when an argument over the IRA started in a topic about something else. They moved it to a new topic, and this British fur kept on saying that the IRA are terrorist scum that deserve to die and anyone who disagreed with him is a terrorist too, and even said he smeared dogshit on a monument and threatened to kill people who disagreed with him.

He got banned, and then I found a video on Youtube about how much he hated FA. Butthurt much?

God this guy needs his own ED page... someone get on that stat! You can only get drama this good in the fandom! biggrin

Relevant threads are relevant.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:38 pm
I only skimmed through the links, but I know that many of the problems there today are because of how badly Ireland has been treated for so long. I certainly don't agree with violence as a solution, but frankly everyone involved seemed to only fan the flames rather than extinguish them.

This only reminds me of a song I listened too in doing research for a class. Chumbawamba's "Song Of The Times". Here's the lyrics with important parts bolded and a link to a youtube video of the song. Not great quality, but can't find any better.

Quote:
You working men of England one moment now attend
While I unfold the treatment of the poor upon this land
For nowadays the factory lords are brought the labor low
And daily are contriving plans to prove our overthrow

(Chorus)
So arouse you sons of freedom the world seems upside down
They scorn the poor man as a thief in country and in town

There's different parts in Ireland, it's true what I do state
There's hundreds that are starving for they can't get food to eat
And if they go unto the rich to ask them for relief
They bang their door all in their face as if they were a thief

(Repeat chorus)
Alas how altered are the times, rich men despise the poor
And pay them off without remorse quite scornful at their door
And if a man is out of work his Parrish pay his small
Enough to starve himself, and wife, his children, and all

(Repeat chorus)
So to conclude and finish these few verses I have made
I hope to see before it's long men for their labor paid
Then we'll rejoice with heart and voice and banish all our woes
Before we do old England must pay us what she owes
(Repeat chorus)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_cQsN4jh64&feature=related

This song supposedly was written during the Irish Potato Famine. It was also at the same time Charles Dickens was writing his now famous works.  

Garek Maxwell

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:03 pm
Well, it helps to actually read the threads in order to get what was going on.

You have Tashkent Fox, a guy who lives in England, and Jashwa, the feline from Pittsburg, as the main people in the argument. Somehow, they start arguing about a guy who was a supporter of the IRA who was arrested on a weapons charge and put in a British prison. The guy was promised special treatment and then the British went back on their word and in protest, he went on a hunger strike, and starved to death.

Now, while I agree that no one should get "special" treatment in prison, political prisoner or not, they should get treated like every other prisoner, humanely. So I think the guy was stupid for going on a hunger strike.

But Tash saw the guy, and apparently all Irish rebels, as terrorist scum. His attitude wasn't much different than many conservatives that are like "Either you're with us or with the terrorists" seeing everything in black and white. He didn't see is as the complex religious (catholic vs protestant) and freedom fighting (North Ireland trying to gain independence) thing that it was, and that was the point of most of the people arguing against him. I certainly don't agree with using indiscriminate violence or terrorist tactics, but many factions of the IRA at least try to target only government officials and not the public at large, and I do sympathize with their cause, if not their means.

Rather than see it as a complex issue, Tash spouted crap that you'd normally hear out of some neocon republican. Stuff that sounded borderline racist. The joke of the whole drama is the fact that Tash acted really immature and stupid. He called the whole of FAF terrorist ******** because he was losing the argument. He told one guy who disagreed with him that he hoped a terrorist killed him. And he told another guy who was trolling him that he wanted to kill him. He ranted and raved about people being terrorists and terrorist lovers because they disagreed with him and realized that terrorism is a complex subject and the people who do terrorism see themselves as freedom fighters.

Then he discovered that near where he lived in England, there was a monument to three Irish rebels (back when Ireland was a part of the British monarchy). What happened was the three rebels were trying to free their friends from a police wagon. After incapacitating the police, they attempted to open the wagon by force. One of them pulled out a pistol and shot at the lock. The bullet ricocheted and hit a police officer and killed him. The killing was clearly an accident but they were hanged for murder.

Around the same time as the first thread, Tash started another thread and ranted and raved about there being a monument for murderers and terrorists, and did his whole speil about people disagreeing with him being evil as well. He then claimed that he got his mother to drive him to the monument where he smeared his dog's s**t on it. Wow, that's showing them!

The point was, he was acting immature, stupid, and racist towards Irish. No matter his thoughts, the Irish conflict is complex and can't be broken down into "Good (British) vs evil (Irish or IRA)". That's why he was banned.

And then he did something even more immature and made a video on youtube blaming the FAF members for his ban, not seeing the immaturity of his actions.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:36 pm
Psycho Lee
Well, it helps to actually read the threads in order to get what was going on.

I did, I just didn't have anything to say really in regards to the idiot. So rather than not say anything and potentially feel bad if the thread gets "ignored", I thought I'd say something on a matter that I actually knew something about.

Also, what you described on the tombstones to Irish rebels sounds an awful lot like the Manchester Martyrs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Martyrs
Which were also featured in a song adapted by Chumbawamba.  

Garek Maxwell

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:03 pm
Now I know you didn't read the threads all the way, because the monument he supposedly smeared dog crap on WAS for the Manchester Martyrs. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:52 am
Hey, I finally have time off. I'm not going to spend it reading. I'm gonna waste it properly by being extra lazy before I have to spend most of my time on school work again. razz

But I've been kinda out of it lately for some weird reason. So sorry about that. sweatdrop  

Garek Maxwell

Adult Furries Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff