Reply The Family Room
INTRODUCTIONS TIPS TUTORS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sativas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:50 pm
Just got into the game, and i need a simple introduction on everything. From lyrical structure to bars, tell me the basics and tips on how i shoud start and whatever

THANKS GUYS  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:25 pm
How to start:

Write whatever comes to mind. No boundaries. Nobody can teach you to rap. Only yourself. You'll figure it out on your own. Rap battling is a good place to start in anything. Make sure your content is easy to read and well organized. Don't sacrifice content for flow or vice versa. AND LASTLY. Never make the mistake of rap battling Hallucinate. He will murder you on sight.  

Hal Mob City

Zion GND

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:06 am
iHallucinate
How to start:

Write whatever comes to mind. No boundaries. Nobody can teach you to rap. Only yourself. You'll figure it out on your own. Rap battling is a good place to start in anything. Make sure your content is easy to read and well organized. Don't sacrifice content for flow or vice versa. AND LASTLY. Never make the mistake of rap battling Hallucinate. He will suck you up on sight.
and make sure you aint battlin like that ***** BHB separate yoru lines  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:24 am
iHallucinate
How to start:

Write whatever comes to mind. No boundaries. Nobody can teach you to rap. Only yourself. You'll figure it out on your own. Rap battling is a good place to start in anything. Make sure your content is easy to read and well organized. Don't sacrifice content for flow or vice versa. AND LASTLY. Never make the mistake of rap battling Hallucinate. He will murder you on sight.

uh i thanks, but i needed a tutorial on bars and structure(intro verse hook/chorus etc.)  

Sativas

Zion GND

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:18 pm
Sativas
iHallucinate
How to start:

uh i thanks, but i needed a tutorial on bars and structure(intro verse hook/chorus etc.)

it's pretty much just one thing

blah blah blah blah/-1 line
+
wah wah wah wah/=1 bar
clah clah clah clah/
plah plah plah plah/

we do it different on here so 2 lines equal a bar

i.e
lyrical a** rapin killin all nations/
pushin that ham like bacon check money im makin/

thats a bar and niggas on here typically do maybe 5, 8, 10, or if it's some s**t to say 16 bar battles some freestyle some work at it it's online so dont nobody really know.

as far as hints all i got to say is words is words dont trip when your bars dont match up as far as VISUAL length goes. niggas can get a grasp on how your flow really is and can decide wat the rhyme structure is lookin like from wat u write. basically flow like you do on in rl and get in touch wit some of the niggas here. imma say it like this aint nobody in these rap guilds pushovers and if u good u can join a crew like slaughter house or lionz den. and if a ***** like.....no names required brags his a** off feel free to correct him aint nobody takin s**t personal or at least they shouldnt be.

any questions?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:42 pm
3-blacc-panic-3
Sativas
iHallucinate
How to start:

+
wah wah wah wah/=1 bar
clah clah clah clah/
plah plah plah plah/

i.e

thats a bar and niggas on here typically do maybe 5, 8, 10, or if it's some s**t to say 16 bar battles some freestyle some work at it it's online so dont nobody really know.

as far as hints all i got to say is words is words dont trip when your bars dont match up as far as VISUAL length goes. niggas can get a grasp on how your flow really is and can decide wat the rhyme structure is lookin like from wat u write. basically flow like you do on in rl and get in touch wit some of the niggas here. imma say it like this aint nobody in these rap guilds pushovers and if u good u can join a crew like slaughter house or lionz den. and if a ***** like.....no names required brags his a** off feel free to correct him aint nobody takin s**t personal or at least they shouldnt be.

any questions?

alright i got the bars down (spent like an hour on tutorials) but what do you mean 5,8,10? so a bar is 2 lines between the 4 beat pattern, so when you say 5,8,10 etc. do you mean thats what some people choose to stretch their bars to?

one other thing, whats the basic equipment i need to get to get started?  

Sativas

Zion GND

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:59 pm
Sativas
3-blacc-panic-3
Sativas
iHallucinate
How to start:

+
wah wah wah wah/=1 bar
clah clah clah clah/
plah plah plah plah/

i.e

any questions?

alright i got the bars down (spent like an hour on tutorials) but what do you mean 5,8,10? so a bar is 2 lines between the 4 beat pattern, so when you say 5,8,10 etc. do you mean thats what some people choose to stretch their bars to?

nah thats how many bars a ***** might want to battle for or how many somebody might want to post up for a freestyle. and define tools  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:30 pm
3-blacc-panic-3
Sativas
3-blacc-panic-3
Sativas
iHallucinate
How to start:

+
wah wah wah wah/=1 bar
clah clah clah clah/
plah plah plah plah/

i.e

any questions?

nah thats how many bars a ***** might want to battle for or how many somebody might want to post up for a freestyle. and define tools

alright im gettin it
tools=samplers drumkits etc what do i need  

Sativas

Zion GND

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:34 am
Sativas
3-blacc-panic-3
Sativas
3-blacc-panic-3
Sativas
iHallucinate
How to start:

+
wah wah wah wah/=1 bar
clah clah clah clah/
plah plah plah plah/

i.e

any questions?

alright im gettin it
tools=samplers drumkits etc what do i need
for this site? nutn. if u makin real beats then just hit up google to see wat u like :/  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:14 pm
3-blacc-panic-3
iHallucinate
How to start:

Write whatever comes to mind. No boundaries. Nobody can teach you to rap. Only yourself. You'll figure it out on your own. Rap battling is a good place to start in anything. Make sure your content is easy to read and well organized. Don't sacrifice content for flow or vice versa. AND LASTLY. Never make the mistake of rap battling Hallucinate. He will suck you up on sight.
and make sure you aint battlin like that ***** BHB separate yoru lines (because when he doesnt seperate his lines i get scared b/c since i cant understand what hes writing i think he might be beating me again)

Hal Mob City

The Family Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff