50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
COOKIES!! OMNOMNOMNOM
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Scrab Demon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:39 pm

Lately I've REALLY gotten into MSPaintAdventures by Andrew Hussie. It's an awesome comic, and I'm sure us LOKers have the endurance and patience to get through the backlog, as well as enjoy our asses off figuring out the various time shenanigans and wild plot twisting going on (holy s**t you should see these time shenanigans, especially that intermission at the end of act three, oh my god).

It's become so epic, it even has epic flash movies with an awesome musical score. It's so cool fans got together and made music, and then Andrew was so awesome he released it as a 71 track album, jegus.

Enough nerding out from me, here's what you came here for:

Before Homestuck (the current story) got really serious, Andrew would use a suggestion box for character commands, like a huge interactive adventure game. The fan forums do it all the time, making comic adventures out of suggested commands.

What if we did something like that?

It would only take about a minute or less to draw out a command, and the flow of commands would keep the story going, and (as a positive side-effect) it would also keep the guild active.

Whoever's drawing would progressively improve their skills too.

Is anybody up for it? And if so, who wants to draw for it? (I'll totally do it if nobody else wants to.)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:46 pm

So would we be acting stuff out and then drawing them out?

lilwriter23

Scrab Demon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Pretty much. Lemme explain...

There's one person who draws and ultimately controls the story. Everyone else suggests what the characters do. The current drawer picks a command, draws it out, posts it, and everyone suggests the next command. I was also thinking that every once in a while we would switch artists.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:41 am

When my scanner likes me again I'll act as an artist.

Lieutenant Turel

Scrab Demon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 am

I was thinking entirely digital. MSPaint even. Like I said, it doesn't have to be a big thing, just simple doodles. But whatever suits you I guess.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:50 am

User Image

I would, if my tablet skills weren't complete fail.

._.

User Image

trash witch

Witch

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:06 pm

oh! Wait til Sera gets back. She's great with MS Paint!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:42 pm

PsykotiKPenguin
User Image

I would, if my tablet skills weren't complete fail.

._.

User Image

Dun matter! MSPaintAdventures is deliberately done way below the artists skill level. If you ever want to draw, fail is perfect. :3

@ Turel: OH MY GOD YES!

Scrab Demon

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:26 pm

She's housesitting right now and i think almost out of texts for a bit. Otherwise I'd message her.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:30 pm

S'alright. We can wait. :3

Scrab Demon

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:42 pm

How many more things do you have left to get for your avatar that you are trying to make Scrab?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:20 pm

I haven't really been questing/bootygrabbing since I dropped off the internet.

Although Umah is holding onto some 23k for me, so I should be able to knock some of the smaller things off the list, like the shoes, the gun and the hat.

Scrab Demon

Lieutenant Turel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:27 pm

If you need anything, let me know, ok? I'm just waiting for certain EIs of mine to finish evolving before finishing up the avatars.

Bane will cost at least a mil it looks like. And I have no idea how to do Anachrothe. DeJoule may be easier.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Alrighty. :3

I think Anachrothe is just Moebius with more green, and his hood turned up. Some kind of scales wouldn't hurt.

I can't wait until Bane gets in here. We can be antlerbuddies. CB

Scrab Demon

Seraphim Skye
Crew

Gambino Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:21 pm

User Image

Unfortunately, when it comes to doing ms paint art... well... you saw the mess I made of Luigi and Pavi so...
I don't think you'd want me to do it... and I'm terrible at scenery.
And I don't think I would be able to keep up with you guys and I don't think that I should be in control of anything...

User Image
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces