New (to me) Language

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrimsonsDecayingRose
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:26 am
So, i've decided to take Mandarin Chinese. I will officially take four courses in my last two years of high school, but for now i'm going ahead and trying to get ahead. Anway, there are four tones, and i am teaching myself to count to ten. (Thanks to you-tube!! biggrin ) I know how to recognize a few symbols, but they're next to impossible to draw. Then again, when have i been artistic?
So, i guess i'm just posting this. What do you think? Good idea, bad idea. Any tips? Anybody else know M. Chinese? I know the majority know Hmong, but do you know any other languages? Want to learn some?
I don't know....I'm just bored.... Dx  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:38 pm
hah hah that is cool XD I would like to learn Chinese XD I'm currently learning Japanese at school XD and Japanese use Kanji which is Chinese characters, so I know the basic meanings of a few of them.  

azn_knight367
Captain

Lonely Explorer

8,125 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

CrimsonsDecayingRose
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:43 pm
That's cool. I didn't know that Kanji was directly related to both characters. I thought they were completely different systems of writing. But, if i think about it, English and umm... German use the same letters (A-Z) but are used to spell different things. so, i get it. xD  
Chatterbox!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games