Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
To everyone who wants the guilds updated!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Swift]

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:02 pm
Hopefully you saw the announcement about Spring Cleaning. If you haven't read it yet, the devs will be doing a 2 week long bug fix and update of the site. And users get to vote on what takes top priority, as well as propose other things for them to work on. Whatever proposals have the most support will be done (assuming they're feasible, obviously).

A few of the proposals were put forward by the devs, and these include Guild Customization (using CSS like profiles) and the overall Guilds Look and Feel (to update it to match the rest of the site more).

Those are the only two official proposals relating to guilds, but there have been tons put forward by the users, so I would just like to highlight a few here. (To look for more check out the Spring Cleaning Proposals Forum. If you see any good ones I missed, please feel free to post them here.)

Guild Funds + Features: "Currently, the only feature that we can use guild funds on are subforums and announcements. A lot of guilds, especially the larger ones, have a lot of gold collecting dust in their accounts. It would be nice if we had more unique guild features to spend funds on. At the very least, we ought to be able to disable guild donations so that members won't toss their gold into limbo unwittingly."

Guild Post/Quote Notifications: "As it is right now if someone quotes you in a guild or replies to your thread you don't get notified. I have to end up bookmarking everywhere I post on the rare occasions I use guilds just to be able to keep track of things, there's no reason why guild forums can't work the same as regular forums."

Subscribe to Guild Threads!: I have always disliked guilds because we can't subscribe to the threads within them. The only way to tell what's going on is to visit the guilds one by one... which is painstaking compared to the subscribe feature that is in the normal forums. This is especially important for Guild Roleplay (RP) forums, where you need to follow it closely and reply constantly. Also, if threads in guilds are moved, it can take a while to search around to find where they went to... This is YEARS overdue. Please just add that one simple [Subscribe+] button to our guild threads! As a sub-suggestion, it might be wise to have a separate subscription page for forums and guilds, just to differentiate them. Others also request being able to view their posts in guilds as well."

Make it illegal to use Guild Announcements for Arena votes.: "I have noticed this quite a bit in the past. I think it provides an extremely unfair advantage to those who have large guilds. We of the arenas want fair play and good entries to win-which is not happening because some people have taken advantage of the fact that it is not illegal to use Guild Announcements to ask your guild mates to vote for your entry.
Please make it illegal so that the arenas may return to being an area where hard work and fairness is appreciated?"

Guild Report System: "The only way to report transgressions to the crew of a guild currently is to seek them out and PM them directly. It would be nice to have a reporting system in place, much like the one in the forums. Only you would be reporting to the guild crew instead of Gaia's mods. This would be especially useful in large guilds."

Revert Guild Announcements: "As it is right now, it's very difficult for guild captains to reach all of our members. The new Guild Announcement feature was a godsend for keeping things running. However, with the new layout of My Gaia, it's pretty much useless. Announcements have been reported to show up there up to a week after the fact.

Now, some admins on gaia have stated this is because users found them annoying. However-- Clans still get their own announcement space in the header bubble. That's hardly fair. There are thousands of guilds on Gaia, and many users only use them and not the main forums.

Please, devs, give us back our announcements"

By the way guild crew, if you feel it's inappropriate for me to post this here, of course you can remove it, but I am just trying to bring attention to these proposals without necessarily supporting them myself. For example, I am against the CSS coding for guilds, but it's important for people to know these threads exist and have the chance to vote.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Good idea pushing for Captain's to vote in the topic's about the guild's! & thank you for your support in my thread in the cleaning are as well. smile  

Tari Death Reaper D_W

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:47 am
When I looked for GGN related proposals I found a few duplicates, like your revert announcements link.

Here is the list I made, it is in the Crew Lounge, and linked in my siggy. I also posted in all of those threads with a link, so maybe some more people interested in the GGN will find it. Any other ideas for spreading the word to all guild people to vote and post? We need to get at least one of these proposals to the main spring cleaning forum where the ones the devs like are moved.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:28 pm
LillianSaire
When I looked for GGN related proposals I found a few duplicates, like your revert announcements link.

Here is the list I made, it is in the Crew Lounge, and linked in my siggy. I also posted in all of those threads with a link, so maybe some more people interested in the GGN will find it. Any other ideas for spreading the word to all guild people to vote and post? We need to get at least one of these proposals to the main spring cleaning forum where the ones the devs like are moved.

Well, the only things I know to do are sig link, post around a lot in the various proposals to keep them bumped... and possibly send out a guild announcement/broadcast to let your guild members know about it. Not sure if I want to do that or not.  

[Swift]

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:52 am
I sent out a guild announcement, with the intent of rousing urges to change gaia, then linked to the version of that thread in my guild. The only person from my guild that I saw in the threads was a guy that encouraged me to send the announcement and had already posted in those threads. :/

I'm going to blame announcements just being notices. (Yes, that changed. I put a thread in my proposals list that addressed that problem. )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:22 pm
LillianSaire
I sent out a guild announcement, with the intent of rousing urges to change gaia, then linked to the version of that thread in my guild. The only person from my guild that I saw in the threads was a guy that encouraged me to send the announcement and had already posted in those threads. :/

I'm going to blame announcements just being notices. (Yes, that changed. I put a thread in my proposals list that addressed that problem. )
You did? ARG! I hate them being in the notice's!! I get to many! I try too look at them all but I didn't even see it!! scream *mutters under breath about gaia staff & dev's*  

Tari Death Reaper D_W

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:05 am
There is a show all, so you can see more. You can adjust the notice settings (at the bottom of the notices box in the my gaia page) to not show the ones you don't want.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:02 pm
LillianSaire
There is a show all, so you can see more. You can adjust the notice settings (at the bottom of the notices box in the my gaia page) to not show the ones you don't want.
I know, I use it but still seem to miss stuff. That & it's telling me I have new post's in thing's when I was the last one to post.

Edit: I went thew ever page I have of notice's and found no sign of anything from any guild. I checked to make sure I have guild notice's on & they are, so I don't know whats wrong but it's glitching up on me.  

Tari Death Reaper D_W

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:33 pm
Tari_Minyatur_DW
I know, I use it but still seem to miss stuff. That & it's telling me I have new post's in thing's when I was the last one to post.

Innovative and helpful, isn't it? [/sarcasm]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:29 pm
All ideas submitted are good. And I agree with many of the ones listed here!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:56 am
I couldn't make a link so here is my list of improvements that need to be made:

1. Fix the moving topics glitch
2. Fix the deleting topics glitch
3. Give us the options of how we want our guilds design to look.
4. Make it possible for us to make guild layouts from Gaiaholic.com
5. Give the captains more control over their guilds.  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games