Reply Adult Furries Guild
Parents And Their Kids Who Are Furries Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Guy With Condoms

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:22 pm
Ok So I Was Browsing Youtube And I Saw This Video That This Guy Explains That He Told His Parents That He Was A Furry And They Didn't Take It Well At First And Then Got Used To It A Few Hours Later. So My Question To You Is What Is The Purpose Of Telling Your Parents? Is It Hard To Tell Them? Have Any Of You Told Your Parents? Leave A Comment And Take A Vote Above ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 pm
If my kid is furry enough that they "need to tell" me anything, I'd be pissed - that they wasted my time. It shouldn't be taken that seriously.

As long as they don't try to bring s**t I'm opposed to into my house or make a nuisance of themselves in front of the family, I'm fine. Grandma and Grampa don't need to hear about how you're a wolf trapped in a boy's body and feel a spiritual connection to your auntie's new mutt, they need to hear that your grades are good and whether you're dating or not. And like hell I'm letting anyone in my household wear a full body costume when it's not Halloween.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Hawkbri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:54 pm
Hell ya it's tough! I tried tellin my Christian parents, one of which is totally disgusted and only thinks we are lustful beings, but sometimes, it brings out the best of my Christianity, because when I am my furry self, I am MYSELF.

Cassidy, try not to be TOO hard on the rules of your kid, eh? Hell, my parents would be embarrassed as hell, but they would have to accept a full-suit as I am now am an adult and used my own hard-earned cash to buy one or make one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:31 pm
telling your parents you're a furry is like telling your parents you're a trekkie. it's a non-issue. my mom thinks it the goofiest thing ever, in a good way. and yes she's seen the CSI episode. she just joked about "those freaks" i hang out with, but not in a negative way. to her its no different than my sister being in the anime fandom. we dress up, we draw art, same thing different fandom. not that big of a deal.  

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:25 pm
Hawkbri
Cassidy, try not to be TOO hard on the rules of your kid, eh? Hell, my parents would be embarrassed as hell, but they would have to accept a full-suit as I am now am an adult and used my own hard-earned cash to buy one or make one.
Would they "have to" let you roam around their house in it when they have company? I'm not going to let my kids do things that ******** TERRIFY ME in my own house.

If they want to wear fursuits in their own homes in their own time, that's fine. But I don't want it happening in MY home any more than I want them dressed in clown suits and carrying knives while singing hymns.

I cannot stand fursuits. I cannot stand them ho-pants with things like "juicy" or "baby" written across the a**. I cannot stand bikinis. I am not letting my kids wear those things while associated with me, and it's kind of hard to deny that sort of association in my own home.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:50 am
Cassidy Peterson
I cannot stand fursuits. I cannot stand them ho-pants with things like "juicy" or "baby" written across the a**. I cannot stand bikinis. I am not letting my kids wear those things while associated with me, and it's kind of hard to deny that sort of association in my own home.

Wait, no clown suits, no fur suits, and no sexy or revealing clothing? Well your no fun! gonk Next you're gonna tell me there's a no toga rule. mad

Though I admit, I'd be tough with my house rules too. There would be no drunken orgies past 3 AM, no drug abuse outside of the house, and damn it you better appreciate the funky the beat of disco! scream If you don't follow those rules, the no homemade special brownies for you!  

Garek Maxwell

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:19 pm
Garek Maxwell
Cassidy Peterson

Wait, no clown suits, no fur suits, and no sexy or revealing clothing? Well your no fun! gonk Next you're gonna tell me there's a no toga rule. mad

Though I admit, I'd be tough with my house rules too. There would be no drunken orgies past 3 AM, no drug abuse outside of the house, and damn it you better appreciate the funky the beat of disco! scream If you don't follow those rules, the no homemade special brownies for you!
Dude, I don't know what you're going on about. Togas are awesome. And I mean, I'd probably let them wear clown suits around the house, I just don't want them lovingly caressing a steak knife and whispering the Dies Irae while wearing said clown suit.

Or at all... but you get the picture.

And I just don't want to be seen in public chaperoning jailbait, and there's no reason to even own certain clothes except to wear them in public.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 pm
Why the Hell would that be something to announce to your parent(s)? Or anyone really...unless you were asked about it I guess.

So you're a furry. No one cares.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Caryas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:02 am
Pirate Kitty here.

My folks found a yiff story on the history about four years ago, and it was either tell them or let them think it was bestiality. Not only was it yiff, but gay yiff, so it was a DOUBLE bombshell for mum and pop. Well, at first they took me to be a freak, but soon afterwards they Wikipedia'd it and read more about it, and I think they're more accepting. But I never again did use that computer for the last two years I lived there.

Yeah, I wore ears in public, and I act all cat like, but I don't think I'd ever go full fursuit. Not sure why, I just love my skin. But yeah, if I were a non-furry parent and my kid told me he was a furry, I'd probably be all 'Explain. Now.'  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:54 am
My parents know, they don't care as long as I'm safe, happy, and all that jazz. Then again, I'm 25 and I don't live at home anymore, so there's that too  

Af Mas

I lost my notebook

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:48 am
There are times you it becomes and issue for telling your parents about it. I, for instance, live with my parents still, and it's come up before. I have furry friends who come visit some of the time, and my mum was always curious about why we talked about that sort of thing so much, and then when I went to Anthrocon the first time, well, that's when it really came up. Especially being a raccoon, and my mum's only real exposure to the fandom until that time being the episode of CSI where a raccoon got shot...

After things were explained better she was more or less cool with it, and taking pictures of the con and introducing a few of my less strange friends helped out a lot too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 am
Cassidy Peterson

If they want to wear fursuits in their own homes in their own time, that's fine. But I don't want it happening in MY home any more than I want them dressed in clown suits and carrying knives while singing hymns.

I totally agree with you i cant stand any of that either. as your child you have to accept them and love them no matter what but when they are living under your roof they have to live by your rules. when they are out with their friends they can wear that stuff but you also need to teach them what message they are sending out to other people who do not know them. sadly i realized to late how much i didn't like the furry fandom and got way to deeply involved with someone who saw themselves as a furry. which went totally against my morals, but its different for everyone. telling non-furry parents that you're a furry...it all depends on how open minded they are, yes it could be like telling them you're a trekkie but it also could be like telling them you're gay or an axe murderer.  

Breezyanna_5

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:50 pm
Breezyanna_5
gay or an axe murderer.
UM

slight difference in severity, there  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:18 pm
Hikitsune
telling your parents you're a furry is like telling your parents you're a trekkie. it's a non-issue. my mom thinks it the goofiest thing ever, in a good way. and yes she's seen the CSI episode. she just joked about "those freaks" i hang out with, but not in a negative way. to her its no different than my sister being in the anime fandom. we dress up, we draw art, same thing different fandom. not that big of a deal.

I like your mom. She seems like a rather patient woman.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Breezyanna_5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:53 pm
Cassidy Peterson
Breezyanna_5
gay or an axe murderer.
UM

slight difference in severity, there

yes i noticed that and i tried to edit it but the site wouldnt let me right before my computer crashed, what i meant was telling your strictly religious parents that you're gay or telling just anybody that you're an axe murderer  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff