The A Team Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:14 pm
Has anyone else seen it yet? I just watched it and I thought it was pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:23 pm
i saw it last week... it was good, but not as good as the original tv show tho...
i think they really failed at giving B.A a real role in this film... they cast him almost perfectly with rampage jackson, but they left out the true nature and real koolness of B.A... i know it's a re-imagining of the story and characters for a new age, but B.A needs to be BAD.a**, but they turned him into just another guy in the team...  

Maddness91

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:35 pm
I did enjoy it, especially the old throwback references, and the bit after the credits (you DID stay for it, right?). It annoyed me a bit that nobody ever reloaded.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:53 pm
Maddness91
i saw it last week... it was good, but not as good as the original tv show tho...
i think they really failed at giving B.A a real role in this film... they cast him almost perfectly with rampage jackson, but they left out the true nature and real koolness of B.A... i know it's a re-imagining of the story and characters for a new age, but B.A needs to be BAD.a**, but they turned him into just another guy in the team...
Yeah I noticed that too. In the series B.A. was pretty child friendly and tried to be a positive role model just like Mr. T was IRL. They kinda took that element out of him though.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:56 pm
Fresnel
I did enjoy it, especially the old throwback references, and the bit after the credits (you DID stay for it, right?). It annoyed me a bit that nobody ever reloaded.
Yeah I lol'd when B.A. had Pity tattooed on his hand. xd

I didn't stay for the credits. I'll have to catch it when it comes out to DVD. Now I want to watch the series. Good thing I can stream it on Netflix.

Also I think Liam Neeson did a pretty good job as Hannibal. George Peppard would be proud if he were still alive.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:37 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel

I didn't stay for the credits. I'll have to catch it when it comes out to DVD. Now I want to watch the series. Good thing I can stream it on Netflix.

Also I think Liam Neeson did a pretty good job as Hannibal. George Peppard would be proud if he were still alive.
He had "Fool" on the other hand, which is ironic, because that's actually a Rocky reference.

I do too, but I don't get netflix. TO THE TORRENTMOBILE!  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:53 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel

He had "Fool" on the other hand, which is ironic, because that's actually a Rocky reference.

*U torrent symbol zooms in then out with weird tune*

*batman theme plays*

Also: I've never watched any of the Rocky movies so I always assumed that was just his catch phrase he always used.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:55 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel

*batman theme plays*

Also: I've never watched any of the Rocky movies so I always assumed that was just his catch phrase he always used.
It was, but it first appeared in that movie. Then he just took it over.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:00 pm
I pretty much have to wait until it comes out on DVD, seeing as I have no money. However, I believe I have the first season of the original series in my Instant Que.

I'll get to watching it after I finish up the second and third Karate Kid films.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:01 pm
I saw it the other day, and thought it was pretty great. Over-the-top ridiculousness at its finest, pretty funny, good action. I never got to really see the original series, but I'd like to now. Also Jessica Biel's handgun was the subcompact (or do they call it compact?) version of the Px4 Storm.

What was that rifle Hannibal used at the beginning, when he was rescuing Face? It looked like a Ruger Mini-14, but fired in full-auto. Hollywood BS, or just me seeing it wrong?

The pokes at Blackwater were funny. lol  

ArmasTermin

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:15 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel

*batman theme plays*

It was, but it first appeared in that movie. Then he just took it over.
Ah ok. Now that I'm watching the series again I just realized 2 things.

1. Hannibal wasn't a master of disguise in the movie. That's a bit of a disappointment.

2. They had someone else play Face for the pilot then switched to Dirk Benedict. I wonder why. >.>  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:17 pm
ArmasTermin
I saw it the other day, and thought it was pretty great. Over-the-top ridiculousness at its finest, pretty funny, good action. I never got to really see the original series, but I'd like to now. Also Jessica Biel's handgun was the subcompact (or do they call it compact?) version of the Px4 Storm.

What was that rifle Hannibal used at the beginning, when he was rescuing Face? It looked like a Ruger Mini-14, but fired in full-auto. Hollywood BS, or just me seeing it wrong?

That's what made the series so great. The whole series was over the top (kinda like Lupin).

Also if you don't have Netflix it's a pretty decent setup. I think it's something like $15 for the 2 dvd unlimited package which is what we have. Depending on where you live it can take just 2 or 3 days from the time you send the old disks back to the time you get new ones. I figured with my location we get a max of 16 DVDs a month. That already pays for it then there is the unlimited streaming deal. They have all 5 seasons of The A team, most of King of the Hill, and a whole lot of other selections.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:24 pm
Also, apparently the guy that acted as the original series' Murdock did the voice for Harman Smith of the game Killer7. And... a bunch of other stuff, including the English dub of Princess Mononoke and apparently Mary Elizabeth McGlynn had a small roll in there, too! I never noticed that...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:48 pm
ArmasTermin
Also, apparently the guy that acted as the original series' Murdock did the voice for Harman Smith of the game Killer7. And... a bunch of other stuff, including the English dub of Princess Mononoke and apparently Mary Elizabeth McGlynn had a small roll in there, too! I never noticed that...
Awesome. He also played the role of one of the scientists in Little Boy which as the name implies is about the nuclear research of WWII.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:59 pm
ArmasTermin

They make one of each. Full, compact, and sub. The sub is ******** hideous. xd

Ruger AC-556. It's exactly that; a full-auto Mini-14. They used them for the props in Starship Troopers.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff