[PRP] Home's Healing? (Jah and Yamini)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:19 pm
"No I'm not going to stir trouble today, Ngeu. I'm going to go and find Yamini. I'm worried about her. Just because we're home now doesn't mean that I care less about her. I love her just as I much all of them. She's family. My sister." She turned and blinked at the vulture who was hopping alongside her.

"I haven't seen her since we've been back. I'm just going to drop in and see how she is. You know...so she doesn't think I've forgotten about her or anything."

She knew she had promised Ngeu that they'd go and do a spot of harmless terrorising, but it had occurred to her that she hadn't seen Yamini lately and that really was far more important than playing the jester.

Besides, they could always do some mischief in an attempt to cheer the other lioness up.

"You can still come."

Ngeu ruffled her feathers and nodded. "Okay, okay. I know you care about her, Jah-Jah. And you're right. We should go see how she is. How about I take to the air and see if I can find her quicker?"

Being able to fly was a clear advantage in searching.

At Jahina's nod of agreement, the vulture took to the air, gaining altitude with slow, strong sweeps of her wings. And then she was aloft, levelling off and moving ahead, giving her rough, harsh caws in an attempt to draw attention and also alert Jahina of her position.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Another day.

Yamini had risen when the sun came up, tired of sleeplessness but still possessing enough energy to preform what was needed of her. She'd stood, stretched out limbs that were cramped or stiff from a motionless night curled up under the branches of the tree she preferred. Caves still made her uncomfortable. The only den she ever intended to sleep within again was the one where she'd died. Someday, when her usefulness was at an end, she would go back and there, curled up in the rubble with her kite, she would slip away at last.

Someday. But not today. Today she was needed still.

Her gait was smooth and even, her vibrant eyes alert, if empty, as she prowled for the prey that would bring strength to the living. The pride needed its strength, now more than ever, if the others were to survive the tragedy that had killed her.

At the caw of a bird, Yamini's ears flicked, but she did not look up and so did not notice that it was Ngeu. Seeing her pridemates with their bonded made that dark empty place in her chest feel tight again. She didn't like the feeling. Not feeling was better. And so, when the opportunities came, she didn't look. Couldn't look. But would never say a word.

zephira738

Timid Hunter

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:01 am
Ngeu spotted the lone lioness moving swiftly across the lands, her gait currently a lot faster than that of Jahina who was dawdling as usual. Might as well help out a bit and at least put her on the right path. By the looks of it, Yamini was heading towards the hunting grounds, in any case.

The vulture turned in a wide arch and headed back, sweeping low over her bonded's head and circling as she would if she'd found a carcass out on the savannah.

"Hunting grounds. Moving quickly. Quicker than you, in any case. Hurry it up Jah-Jah!"

"I'm hurrying. I'm hurrying." Jahina replied, instantly breaking into a run. Her strong legs carried her swiftly along the ground, through the trees and weaving around rocks that had fallen from the valley that fateful day.

And, once she broke free of those hindrances she spotted Yamini and slowed her pace a little so she could find the breath to call out.

"Yamini!! Wait up there, Ya!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 am

She was making decent time at least, her intent likely clear from both her current actions and those who'd known her before. She'd always been a good huntress, though part of it had been her kite's helping her. He'd been so good at spotting prey far away and letting her sneak up on it... but now that they were dead she was managing on her own.

Yamini stopped when she heard her name, that familiar voice reason enough to wait and turn around. Jahina was here. She might want something. Just because the lioness was full grown now, just because they were back in their pride again, didn't mean that the little ones might not need her sometimes. It was almost nice to be needed. She might have appreciated it more if she weren't dead.

"Hello," she called as the other caught up, trying not to pay too much attention to the handsome blue vulture that swooped around the lioness. "Pleasant weather today." As usual, her attempts at conversation were somewhat pathetic. But she'd no desire for those she cared about to be stuck worrying over her. Save that for the living.

zephira738

Timid Hunter

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:47 pm
She slowed as she realised Yamini had heard her, her breath coming in short, sharp breaths as she slowed to a halt a few paces away from the other lioness.

She grinned in response to the 'hello' and nodded eagerly. "Hi there, Yamini!" However, she brushed off the subject about the weather easily enough. Weather didn't really come as high priority on her list. She'd be her happy, mischievous self come rain or shine.

"Glad I caught you. Are you going to hunt? Need any help? I'm free and I was coming to look for you, actually. We need catch up time, right? Plus...I think if I visit Chewa again any time soon, he might just very well block up the entrance of his den." She made a face.

"Sooo, what do you say to some company?"

Ngeu hung back for the time being, watching and listening to the two lionesses as they conversed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:56 pm

Yamini tried to smile at the young lioness when she came skidding up out of breath and full of chatter. It wasn't like Yamini didnn't like the little ones she'd helped to look after. But she was still, even now, unused to being part of a happy conversation. She'd no objections to company, she felt nothing but dead either way after all. Jahina would have more fun with someone else, but experience promised that the lioness would be upset if she turned her down.

"I am hunting," she said instead, "You can do as you wish."

There. That wasn't a no or a yes. She could do whatever she wanted, Yamini didn't care to stop her either way.

zephira738

Timid Hunter

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 pm
"Great! I'll come along and help you, then. I mean, I'm not the world's most talented huntress, but it always helps to have extra claws and teeth at the ready, right"

She smiled, preparing to follow the dark brown female.

"So, Yamini, how're you settling in? Is...being home, helping at all?" Perhaps being home would help her come to terms with what had happened with her little kite during the quake. Or perhaps...it would only make things worse...

Jahina hoped not.

She winced as the vulture came to land on her shoulder, her weight surprisingly heavy for a creature that could fly - albeit not as gracefully as a falcon could.

"Have you had a look around yet?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Yamini merely nodded to indicate that she'd heard Jahina's enthusiastic decision. She had no real opinion of the matter, and it seemed that it made the younger lioness happy to be able to come along. Jahina was vivid with life, she certainly deserved to be happy.

"There is no need to worry about me," Yamini assured her companion. "I am in the place where I grew up."

And that was a very helpful, clear, and concise answer...or not really. But she had little desire to explain, and less desire to make Jahina anxious over her. The dead didn't need fretting over.

"Yes," she said simply when asked if she'd had a look around. She'd gone hunting the morning following their return to the pride, she'd no reason to lay around idle-pawed while there was work still that needed doing. "You are settling in?" the lioness asked, perhaps the conversation could turn to the happy young lioness instead.

zephira738

Timid Hunter

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:53 am
Jahina threw the female a grin, determined not to let it slip despite the fact that she was worried for the other lioness. "I can't help but worry, Yamini, we're sisters, you and I? We need to take care of one another, right?" And she side-stepped so she was closer to the female, nodding with understanding. "It does feel good to be home, though. Really good."

And it was home but with changes, which made it even more exciting. Yes, it was a little sad to see that things had changed, but what was life without change? It helped one adapt and strengthen. They would all move on and be better for it. Even Yamini...someday.

"I am." She replied. "Easier than I thought I would have. I met with some old friends, too. Familiar faces...but older. We're all grown up." In body...if not in mind. "My den is close to Tilifika's and Chewa's, too, so that's nice. I love the lions in the pride, of course, but not as much as I love you guys. It'd be the saddest thing in the world to drift apart just because we're home, don't you think?" She seemed to be trying to hint at something, never quite sure whether just to blurt it out or try and be subtle around Yamini. She had a great hope that her friend - her sister - would come alive again someday, so long as she believed it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:06 pm

Sisters? Jahina was sweet, but Yamini didn't need a family to mourn her when she was gone. It would be bad enough for anyone who had decided to befriend her, but the closer they were the more deeply their realization of her death would cut. She wasn't sure how to explain this without upsetting anyone though, so she were simply keep her thoughts to herself, smiling and nodding in all the right places.

"Well, you don't seem to have difficulty finding me," she replied to the way the other lioness seemed to worry that they were drifting apart. How would her playful companion take it to learn that there was no one to miss withing Yamini now? "It is good that you are finding friends."

zephira738

Timid Hunter

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:22 pm
"Nope! No difficulty at all!" She beamed proudly, and without warning, she leaned sideways and rubbed the side of her face against the other's shoulder, purring lightly. "We'll have to get you chatting to some of the others too, finding old friends and such. I'm sure there are plenty of lions and lionesses still around that remember you, Yamini!"

She blinked, drawing in a small breath. "It'll feel good, to catch up and talk with them. They'll understand, too." She continued, her voice slightly calmer now and more serious. "They'll know what it was like...they'll understand and it'll help. I promise."

It pained her that she couldn't be more help, but she was as adamant and determined as ever to see her sister happy again. It wasn't fair and she was sure her little kite wouldn't like to see her like this, either. But how to snap her out of it?

How did one get over the loss of a beloved?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 pm

The lioness' ears lay back slightly at the younger one's eager words. Old friends indeed... There were probably a few that remembered her...but they would have only known her when she was alive. Steadfast and responsible, with her beloved Azize at her shoulders at all times. They would not recognize her now that she was dead. But Jahina... she didn't know. She didn't understand, sweet little cub. And Yamini had no desire to teach her.

"You know where to find me," she said simply, nuzzling the lioness in return as she was purred against. These lives were precious... they had potential and promise. She would do what she could to support them while her body still remained useful...

zephira738

Timid Hunter

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:18 pm
Jahina released a soft purr at the contact, though she could not help but feel saddened that nothing she seemed to say really helped. She knew it was hard. Truly hard to live when you had lost so much. She knew there was also nothing she could really say that could fix the situation. And yet she would not stop hoping, not stop trying.

She nodded wordlessly, her eyes moving from Yamini and to the horizon and the hunt.

No. If words did not help, then she'd find another way to bring that light to her sister's eyes. She'd stand beside her and walk by her and see that she never had to endure an entire day alone. The flap of Ngeu's wings was a stark reminder of what had been lost and the white and brown lioness set her face with determination.

Today they would hunt.

Tomorrow...well, let's see for when tomorrow comes.

/fin.

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff