Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[PRV] Gravity brings me down... (Xavier/Din-tei)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:29 am
User Image

The bell was long gone, that much made him happy. But Xavier was still not happy. He stood on a large rock, glaring at the world far below. He was still in the snow... The god gave a snort, claws scraping the rock. He'd found a part of the mountain where it was at least not snowing for now, and had managed to clear a good-sized area.

Turning away from the rock, he went and lay down, his chin on his paws, staring at... Absolutely nothing. His ears were back, mind going a million miles a minute. How was he supposed to get down from here? The only way he'd seen was to fly... Which he couldn't do. So that left him... Stuck on the mountain and stuck in the snow.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 am
User Image

Din-tei had found herself in the snowy cold again. It was sooo hot down there in the realm of mortals today, so she returned to her favorite cool-down spot. She thought much more logically, typically, when she was up here. The goddess found it much more enjoyable than being down there.

She had the extra benefit of escaping Aki, who continued to nag about her encounter with the goddess of love- which was something Din didn't want to talk about. That was another unpleasant experience, the goddess was much more convinced now that she wanted absolutely nothing to do with that stupid emotion. That was all the more she had told the wolf, and it was apparently quite unsatisfactory. Tough luck, though.

Din wondered where she should plant herself here for the day... She found herself wandering about instead.

That is, until her eyes caught sight of the back of a familiar head, adorned with long long ears and a black mane-tuft. Not to mention that shade of green and those wavy markings... She padded a bit further before speaking, "Well, if it isn't Xav?"

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:51 am
One ear twitched, followed by the other, before they lay back. Lifting his head, the small god glared over his shoulder. This was a moment of solitude... Ah, well. He didn't bother getting up, simply rolling onto his back to get a better look at the approaching goddess. "If it isn't Din... I haven't seen you on the mountain in a while." His tail lashed a bit, catching a small and forgotten bit of snow. "Been down in the mortal realm?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:20 am
"Lost the bell, I see. It made you look so cute, though!" she said sarcastically with a single chuckle, clearly joking. "I actually like what it's been replaced with, looks better on you," she stated off-topic.

"You haven't seen me in a while because I haven't been up here in a while," she admitted. "The mortal realm's where I've been. Trying to find some hints," she said to him, referring to the last time they'd met. He knew she was out to find out about her last life. "I've been passively looking for memories, but to no avail." Meaning that she never mentioned anything about memories to anyone, but if just-so-happened to bump into him, she would have made a lot of progress.

"How about yourself? I assume you've been down and come back for a visit to this place," she said, knowing that this couldn't be the case. He had mentioned his hate of snow, she doubted he would voluntarily come back. She would have hoped he would have gotten out of here by now. "If you haven't been down there, you should probably get going. You know, it's a lot more interesting down there on a daily basis, even if you're not finding what you're looking for," she said

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 am
Xavier glanced at the collar, glimmering slightly in the sunlight. "I like it better than that bell, myself... I'm quieter..." He shifted, his earring glinting a moment. "And thank you."

He tilted his head, listening to Din. "Did you find even a little bit of help? One small memory?" He thought about his oldest memory... It was pretty old, and he'd been a drastically different god. Back when the first curse was laid, he'd been born. And thus had gone his lives to absorb them.

The juvenile gave a start, ears moving back. "If I'd been down, I wouldn't be back up, and if I DID come back up, that means I've been dead again." He glanced over at the distant mortal realm, down beyond the clouds. After a moment, hesitantly shuffling between paws, he said, "I... Can't get down... I've circled every inch of this mountain, and there's no way to just CLIMB down. It's just sheer drops down a sharp cliff for too far to fall before hitting a slope again." Even he was a little bit afraid of falling that far.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:33 pm
"Mmmm," Din murred in agreeance. She would much prefer to be quiet without a bell than to be jingling with one. Her chains were pretty tight, they rarely jingled, and her bracelets only clanked together if she let them. A bell, though, she was pretty sure she would try to rip the little bouncing thing in it out. Or else do what Xavier had done. She chuckled at that thought.

"Eh, I found out a little tidbit, but it's so small and out of character, and I can't really discern much from it." she admitted with a shrug, still not certain of what to make of what she had learned herself. "I extracted it from a mortal who claims to have heard of me- hell, for all I know he made it up to annoy me. Still have no proof about it. Anyway, I suppose it's better than nothing."

Ah, struck a nerve, did I? Din asked herself, suddenly over-interested in what he had to say. "You can't get down, huh? I know an area where you could get down, it's really easy. You must have missed it, want me to show you?" she offered, somehow managing to keep a straight face, though it was difficult not to let the smirk show on her face. "It's kinda hidden and hard to find, I'm not sure if you've seen it."

Yes, like most gods and goddesses who had some memory from past lives, Din knew her way around the god's haven quite well. Especially since the memories from this place were mostly remembered. A ledge was where she had in mind, one that truly was easy to miss. She wouldn't have known about it if she hadn't gone playing with her domain on it as a cub in one life. She had simply walked off of that ledge and fallen, but there were enough "bonking points" to keep her from hitting a full-blown freefall- it was nearly a sheer drop, but it had tiny ledges that, while not large enough to land on, or climb down, it was enough to get you down alive... Falling. She'd show him what her domain was all about- bringing things down to earth.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:31 pm
Suspicion was obvious in the young god's expression, as he rolled onto his belly and stood up. "Where is this spot...?" He hoped it was an easy way down... Though knowing how Fortune didn't tend to smile at him much... Not that he could remember if he'd ever run into Fortune before... He'd likely find himself... Falling. That or flying. The latter didn't appeal much to him. Maybe his constant lack of wings was why he never bothered... Maybe he'd run into Logic somewhere and saw flight without wings illogical... He'd have to figure that out another time.

He turned, looking over the edge. "What was that tidbit you found out, anyway? Out of character for yourself or not..." If he had to be up here, he'd at least socialize a little. It wasn't like he'd run into many gods once he got down. "I mean, me... I'm having some issues... I was a girl several lives in a row, so I think I have lingering effects of that..." He made a face. "And having something new between the legs doesn't make for a happy discovery upon rebirth..."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:55 pm
"Oh, well it's a bit to the..." Din said with brows furrowed, trying to remember the cardinal direction of the ideal drop-in point. She knew how to get there, but it was difficult to describe with landmarks. "...North," she said with a small nod when it finally came to her. She left that at that, hoping he would too. The fewer questions he asked, the less likely it was for her to snicker at the devious thought of what she was gonna do to him.

"Oh, it's really dumb, this lion said I was the patron goddess for his pride. Just imagine it- me, protecting mortals! I think he was either delusional, or I was during my last life," she said with a chuckle. Though, when one got down to it, she supposed she could see the logic behind protecting a pride of mortals- it had to be like taking on a familiar. You would outlive them, they fed you, and you had some minions to boss around. Still, it didn't seem like a very likely thing for her to do, considering how kindly the lion sounded when he spoke. "I guess it could have its benefits, but still," she said, sharing the summary of her thoughts out loud.

Din chuckled at his comment on the unpleasant surprises- it made her almost feel bad about what she was about to do to him... Yes, almost. She hoped that their conversation would get him off-guard a bit. "That happened to me for a small streak," she admitted, "but it was the other way around. It's an experience I wish mortals could go through, suddenly switching genders after getting all accustomed to one body type," she said, pondering the response of one.

They were near the spot- near enough. "Hmmm... I think it's nearby, let me think." She said, pretending to ponder. This way would catch him off guard. A little boot towards the edge of the cliff, and she might give him a little help... Yeah, that's the ticket! Then let her domain itself take care of the rest.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:39 am
Xavier moved ever so slightly to the north, leaning over the ledge. He placed his paws on it, claws pricking the rock as he looked. "I don't quite SEE a ledge down there to climb..." It looked like an awful long way down, too. He didn't quite like the look of it. "You sure it's over here...?" One long ear flicked, though he didn't look back.

Not even to answer her other words about mortals and worship.

"I'm not sure how gravity could be worshiped... I guess it brings down the fruit that prey eat and the lions hunt..." He flicked a rock, watching it drop... And drop... It seemed to make a puff as it went through some clouds, and then it was gone. "I don't think mortals ARE reborn, though... So they can't do any gender switching..." It'd make for an interesting curse on a male lion, though... To have to suffer a time as a lioness, down to giving birth and all. Okay, that one he didn't miss.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:06 pm
"Yeah, it's a real bummer," Din said quickly with regards to the mortal-gender-swap impossibility. She had to hurry, though... The "young" god seemed to be putting two and two together here, watching her domain take rocks the way she intended him to go. Besides, the way he looked over the edge... He seemed suspicious. She approached him from behind, and just a hair to one side... to look over the edge with him. She might jump with him and fall for a while before using her delightful wings to swoop herself back up... Or not, it'd be more enjoyable to watch him fall from a perch.

"Huh, you don't see one?" she asked, getting a little closer to the edge herself. "Cuz there's one, here. Down there, see it? She asked, extending a paw and a claw. The idea was to get him leaning just a liiiittle bit more. Not that he needed it. Without waiting too long, Din used one of her wings paired with her hind legs, and gave him a very sudden firm shove, saying at the same time, "It's right down there! Have fun with my domain!!!" She cried joyfully, head peeked over the cliff's edge as she watched the teal form fall. "Good thing you're sturdier than most- you'll survive," she said, more to herself than to him, a grin on her dark face and a twinkle in her eye.

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:26 am
He had leaned forward juuuust a bit, trying to see the ledge... When he felt a swift booting. The ground melted out of under him as clouds appeared under his paws, limbs flailing and claws out. The young god's eyes grew wide as he realized the mountain was flashing past him. Xavier twisted around, and the last thing he saw before the clouds swallowed him was Din above, on the cliff, watching him fall while calling about him being sturdier.

And then the whole world went white.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff