Other (Post?)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:59 pm
Huh, that sounds ominous, huh?

Okay people, here's my dilemma and why I'm asking you guys instead of just going with something: I'm buying a website and I need a name for the URL. I have choices, you'll notice them in the poll. I'd like to keep it being .com as much as possible, for no reason other than pure nerdism. Please vote or post or something? I'm leaning toward tygrez.com, but I dunno...

By the way, my pen name in full is Chryssta Tygrez Dragonety. And since it's to be a gallery of my art, it should have something to do with me, ya know?

Come to think of it, I think it's really just a tossup between tygrez.com and chryssta.com...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:25 pm
It wouldn't let me vote. I got an error that said "Cannot Vote in Topic"  

Lieutenant Turel

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:34 pm
Yeah, I keep getting that too... I think Gaia is breaking... again...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:46 pm
I was going to vote for the one that incorporated all three parts of your pen name.  

Lieutenant Turel

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:49 pm
Any particular reason why?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 pm
Looked more professional to me  

Lieutenant Turel

trash witch

Witch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:38 pm
User Image

I like the one with all three parts too.

One of my favorite artists has something like that as his URL, with his full first name, middle initial, and full last name.

It does look a bit more professional. p: But Tygrez.com sounds awesome.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:50 pm
I'm also concerned about length and complexity... Such as, if I don't have business cards made up, but want to give out my url, would the more professional sounding one be the better if I forget part of it, or if they forget part when they go to it later? And on that note, should it be tygrez or tigrez? I never really did figure out which spelling I liked better...  

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:53 pm
Oh yeah, by the way, in case you didn't know, that's the origin of my username too. It's my pen name. ^_^ Yes, I know, I'm a nerd. ~_~  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:01 pm
If you are serious about this for a business you need to be as professional as possible. You are competing with a lot of other artists and more professionalism will help you. An Avant Garde or obscure thing may have sentimental value to you, but it may not help future employers remember you at all.  

Lieutenant Turel

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:17 am
Well, it's just that I was kinda thinking that if I ever got so lucky as to start an architectural firm, then it'd be named Tygrez Architecture... Should I have CTDragonety.com if I should be so lucky as to start the firm, shouldn't it be Tygrez.com? I'm way confused...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 am
Nice, you have/going for a M.Arch?
My sister is going to go for that. she wants to do architecture as well. Good luck, yeah  

Lieutenant Turel

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:45 pm
Eventually... I'd like to get it before I turn 30, but I dunno how well that will work out...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:54 pm
I'm hoping to apply for my MSW. So yeah, both of us should try for our Masters!  

Lieutenant Turel

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:01 pm
At this point, I think I'd like to just make it to my bachelors degree... I'd be thrilled to get the Masters...  
The Abyss - Discarded Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff