Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Hostel / Movie Feedback Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darkXmoon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:47 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Two adventurous American college buddies, Paxton and Josh, backpack through Europe eager to make quintessentially hazy travel memories with new friend Oli, an Icelander they've met along the way. Paxton and Josh are eventually lured by a fellow traveler to what's described as a nirvana for American backpackers--a particular hostel in an out-of-the-way Slovakian town stocked with Eastern European women as desperate as they are gorgeous. The two friends arrive and soon easily pair off with exotic beauties Natalya and Svetlana. In fact, too easily. Initially distracted by the good time they're having, the two Americans quickly find themselves trapped in an increasingly sinister situation that they will discover is as wide and as deep as the darkest, sickest recess of human nature itself--if they survive.
Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release
Genres: Suspense/Horror
Running Time: 1 hr. 35 min.
Release Date: January 6th, 2006 (wide)
MPAA Rating: R for brutal scenes of torture and violence, strong sexual content, language and drug use.
Distributors:
Lions Gate Releasing
Production Co.:
Next Entertainment, Raw Nerve Productions
Studios:
Screen Gems
Filming Locations:
Prague, Czech Republic
Produced in: United States  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:57 pm
Personally I thought this movie sucked balls! An I mean some smelly ones. We have been told for the last two weeks how kick a** this movie is going to be and is going to blow every other torture and scary movie out of the water. All this movie was to me was boob fest 2006 with some horror at the end. An not even good horror! When I went to see Saw 2 I can think of a few good times I covered my eyes and almost freaked out...how many times did I do this for Hostel ? Not one time, almost all the torture scenes were off camera the brutal scenes, the torture and violence !

I give this movie two thumbs down stare  

darkXmoon

LouisCyphre13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:17 pm
I concur with you, darkXmoon. I was so hyped when I first heard about it and then I went to see it and I saw "Quintin Terrentino" and I knew it was going to suck. I understand the comparison between the sex and the torture but they over did it...I was very ******** disappointed. It was nothing compared to Saw I and II. :sigh: I hope BloodReign is better...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:35 am
LouisCyphre13
I concur with you, darkXmoon. I was so hyped when I first heard about it and then I went to see it and I saw "Quintin Terrentino" and I knew it was going to suck. I understand the comparison between the sex and the torture but they over did it...I was very ******** disappointed. It was nothing compared to Saw I and II. :sigh: I hope BloodReign is better...

Bad news my friend, I keep seeing the same quote over and over for that movie "Did they even look at the game to see what it was about ?"  

darkXmoon

LouisCyphre13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:09 pm
darkXmoon
LouisCyphre13

Bad news my friend, I keep seeing the same quote over and over for that movie "Did they even look at the game to see what it was about ?"

probably not, do they ever??  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:12 pm
LouisCyphre13
darkXmoon
LouisCyphre13

I can't think of one movie based off a game that was any good. The closest there ever was, was Mortal combat part one.  

darkXmoon

LouisCyphre13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:40 pm
darkXmoon
LouisCyphre13
darkXmoon
LouisCyphre13

I can't think of one movie based off a game that was any good. The closest there ever was, was Mortal combat part one.

yeah....Resident Evil was decent (in my opinion)...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:25 pm
OOOOOoooooo...OK, that was a pretty good movie an it folowed the game plot. Other then that, I can't think of any.  

darkXmoon

Psychotic_Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:32 pm
ive heard that ppl have been sent to the E.R durning the movie  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:00 pm
Envy_19

Did you know any of them or are you just saying that because the tv said it ? TV lied to us, it lied to all of us. An if you do know any one personaly that had to go to the ER because of this movie well then there a wuss and I will be glad to show them Saw 2 !  

darkXmoon

LouisCyphre13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:04 pm
darkXmoon
Envy_19

Did you know any of them or are you just saying that because the tv said it ? TV lied to us, it lied to all of us. An if you do know any one personaly that had to go to the ER because of this movie well then there a wuss and I will be glad to show them Saw 2 !

I concur, its not like it was The Exorcist or the Passion of the Christ, which both had reports of people being taken to the emergency room...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:58 am
Well i thought saw 2 was a p***y movie, the only thing that bothered in in that movie was the chick getting pushed into the pit. Only cuse i have a horriable fear of needles.
Resident Evil grossed me out, and did a fine job following the movie.
Im not planning to see Hostel becuse its looks flithy, when i go to see a horror movie, i dont want to get grossed out, i want to be SCARED.  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

darkXmoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:28 am
Nyed
Well i thought saw 2 was a p***y movie, the only thing that bothered in in that movie was the chick getting pushed into the pit. Only cuse i have a horriable fear of needles.
Resident Evil grossed me out, and did a fine job following the movie.
Im not planning to see Hostel becuse its looks flithy, when i go to see a horror movie, i dont want to get grossed out, i want to be SCARED.

The needle pit is what got to me also. Also the part where the guy got bu8rned to death an they showed some good detail, brain trip!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:11 am
LouisCyphre13
I hope BloodReign is better...
Bloodrayne... uwe boll... house of the dead. Need I say more? smile I hate boll and wish someone would just shoot him already.  

Schwarzkatze

Swann

5,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:31 pm
I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait to see it ^^ I'm going to see it in theaters when it gets here. My town is small and shitty so we don't get the movies until way later.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff