Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[PRP] She can fly! ...Kinda. (Laini x Lucretia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:43 pm
User Image

This was it. Today was her day - she was finally going to fly. Laini had had Jicho lead her to the top of a cliff, up in the God's Haven. Ever since she'd been attacked, the young goddess had felt far safer up in the cloudy land that no mortals could reach, and there also weren't as many creatures around to get in her way. This was a very important step in her life - she wanted it all to go perfectly.

Laini's wings were small - she'd been told you didn't need wings to fly, not if you were a deity. After all, Gods and Goddess' without wings could still fly. But Laini hadn't learnt how to do that yet, and as such her wings were the only way the youngster could think of to fly with. "Okay Jicho..," she mumbled, to the bat familiar perched on her shoulder a little precariously, "This is it. You ready?" There was silence, and finally a nervous chatter. The bat really wasn't ready - but he didn't want to hold the Goddess back. She'd been going on about how she wanted to fly for as long as he could remember.

Laini took a deep breath, holding it for a few moments before exhaling. And then, with a gleeful cry, she threw herself off of the cliff, wings extended to their fullest. She tried to flap them, but it wasn't working - keeping them open achieved something, though. Instead of plummeting downwards, the small feathered wings caught the air, allowing the young Goddess to glide to the ground. It wasn't exactly flying - but it was pretty damn close.

The looks of glee on Laini's face when she landed was priceless, the blue Goddess unable to stop giggling, "I flew! Jichojichojicho I flew!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:39 am
User Image

Lucretia had spent way too much time in the gods haven for her liking. There was too much snow and it was wet and cold and she didn't like it. She had moaned so much now she wondered whether it was possible to moan anymore and she was so sure her mother left her here just to spite her because she knew how much she didn't like it. Well fine. Lucretia was more then capable of looking after herself. Bloody snow.

Her ears pricked as she walked hearing some noise she headed over in that direction. She wasn't in the best of moods but she wasn't in the worst either. She was just annoyed and that was mostly down to the snow.

The goddess who seemed to be trying to fly was really bright. She stuck out in the snow big time which made Lucretia smile. At least she wasn't hard to find like Van had been. She trotted over and watched her and a bat? She had a bat... how odd.

"Hey!" Lucretia called before walking all the way over to the goddess and her bat. How odd it was seeing a goddess and a bat...

Remove

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:07 am
Hmm? Laini pivoted on the spot, caught by surprise - by the time she'd realized someone was speaking to her, the words had stopped, and she wasn't able to figure out which direction to face. Blind, faded eyes dashed about, unable to see or pick up Lucretia. However, the snow was helpful, the crunching of Lucretia's footsteps allowing Laini to at least face herself in the right direction, even though her eyes couldn't focus too well.

Jicho, strangely enough, wasn't...doing anything. Usually he'd fly at a stranger, attack them, try to distract them so the vulnerable young Laini could have time to escape. However, since Lucretia was of a similar age to Laini, he'd assessed that she didn't pose much of a thread - and besides, it was about time the young Goddess made some friends her own age. "Who's there?" she asked, the lack of focus from her eyes likely giving away her disability.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:58 am
Lucretia stopped walking when the goddess spoke and looked confused slightly. She tilted he head slightly as if it would help her work out what was wrong but it didn't. She was completely confused.

"I am Lucretia, Goddess of Harems.... can you not see?" She was always a rather forward girl, she didn't hold back on questions. "Aaaaand why do you have a bat?" She had only seen one god before with an animal and she had thought it the most stupid thing ever, walking around with food... but she couldn't imagine anyone wanting to eat a bat so she didn't feel quite the same about this.

"What's your name... and the bats assuming it has one?" Oh yeah Lucretia was a chatty one if nothing else.

Remove

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:12 am
Lucreatia, Goddess of Harems? Oh, okay then! Laini responded with a smile, though it faded a little as Lucretia immediately guessed her disability - she'd thought she'd gotten pretty good at hiding it. "I...no, I can't. My bat helps me, 'cause I can't see."

Jicho huffed softly, not liking being referred to in such a manner. Laini however took a few steps forwards so she was closer to Lucretia, smiling brightly again. Lucretia sounded about the same age as her, and she wanted another friend! "I'm Laini! Uh...Goddess of Sight. My bat's called Jicho, he's really nice. What's a Harem?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:50 am
Lucretia listened and then looked somewhat confused. The goddess of sight was blind? Well that was just stupid. Someone somewhere must have got a little confused when this goddess was made. Though the idea was amusing but she didn't smile nor laugh. The bat could see!

"It's nice to meet you Laini and erm Jicho." She looked at the goddess and then the bat and then continued to stare at the bat. What a strange little thing to have with her. Either way.

"A Harem? It's like a group." Lucretia smiled. She had always known what a harem was and she also knew some had taken their own take on it. She wanted to meet all the harem's one day and put them right but it might never happen.

Remove

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:48 pm
Laini smiled brightly, "Its nice to meet you too!"

A group? Laini frowned, clearly not catching on. She waited for more of an explanation, but it wasn't forthcoming, and the young Goddess was forced to pursue the matter further. "But...if its like a group why not just call it a group?" Laini frowned, "What makes a harem special?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 pm
"It's just the posh name for a group." Lucretia wasn't about to go into detail about it with someone their age. She wasn't stupid. She had two definitions that were pretty much built in to her. They were what she knew of them.

"A harem can be a group of females who live and support each other without a male influence." There she could tell her that definition. The other one was a female who had a large group of males that all loved her. She wasn't going to say that though because it would need more explaining and from what her mother had told her when she asked a little more about it once was not for anyone her age to be hearing.

Remove

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:32 am
Posh name? Oh...okay. Laini still didn't quite understand, but shrugged it off, getting the feeling her new friend wasn't going to tell her much more. A formal definition was recited, and Laini listened intently, her maw forming a small 'o' of realization. "Ohhhhh, okay. That makes more sense...kinda."

Slightly bored of the conversation now, Laini wagged her tail playfully, beginning to bounce from side to side, faded eyes almost...sparkling a little with excitement. Jicho gave a disgruntled chatter, irritated that he was having to grip the young Goddess considerably harder to prevent himself falling off. "Lets play a game, Lucretia! ...You're my friend now, right?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:18 am
She had never become a friend of anyones that quickly but why not? She was glad Laini had dropped the conversation about her domain and a game sounded like a good idea, so why not?

"Yes I am and a game sounds fun! What do you want to play?" She then wondered what she could play. The goddess couldn't see! Or maybe she had a cool special way of seeing. She wasn't sure but she was up for finding out, after all she wanted to play and she just hoped it wouldn't be a really really boring game. She was also a little weary of that bat... It would so cheat in hide and seek!

Remove

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:23 am
Yay, a game! Giggling merrily, Laini bounded from side to side, chewing her bottom lip thoughtfully. "Uhmuhmuhmuhmmmmmmmm..."

Quite suddenly she darted forwards towards Lucretia, tapping the top of her head with a loud cry of "TAG!", before dashing away a few paces, giggling. Jicho was in the air, hovering above Laini, tasked with the job of preventing her running into solid objects. Laini's ears were perked upright, listening carefully for her new friend's footsteps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:00 am
She was playing tag with a blind goddess? Well at least it would be easy right? Once she caught Laini she wouldn't be able to see her to follow unless the bat allowed her to cheat? She didn't like that idea much so she kept an eye on the bat before rushing off after Laini.

She wasn't even sure how the goddess was able to just run surely she would trip and fall? Lucretia was confused there was no doubt about that and the snow, the bloody snow was slowing her down. Oh Lucretia was finding more reasons by the minute to hate snow!

She managed to speed up a little, maybe because she could see? She wasn't sure but she would get her soon! It wouldn't take long she was sure!

Remove

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:53 am
Laini heard the tell-tale crunch of snow under Lucretia's feet, and darted off in the opposite direction with delighted giggles. She'd gotten used to running a long time ago - there was a certain way she angled her feet, to make sure they landed verticaly on the ground between each stride, rather than diagonally, which could produce tripping hazards. Jicho suddenly gave a squawk, and Laini pivoted, turning left just in time to avoid a large rock.

However, needless to say, she wasn't as fast as she could have been with her sight. The way she had to angle her feet meant she was naturally slower, and this all meant it wouldn't be too difficult for Lucretia to catch up.

However, she did have her secret weapon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:57 am
Lucretia found it so hard to run in the snow but she was slowly adjusting to it. Oh how she hated it! However she was speeding up, it was going well for Lucretia at least. She was catching up on the blind goddess and she knew that it wouldn't be too long till she caught her.

She let her paws lead her and it wasn't long before she caught up and jumped at the other goddess shouting out "Tag!" as loud as she possibly could.

Mwahaha she had her now! Oh she had to run now right?

Remove

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff