Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] Shadows of the Past (Chozi, Naamini, Waza)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atheare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:34 pm
User Image

Each day Chozi struggled with himself, the memories of what happened so long ago always haunting him. The very landscape reminded him of the time he met Unyevu, his bonded, which subsequently reminded him of the day he found the red lion dead on the ground, killed by Msiba.

I should have been there... Chozi sighed as he thought about what must have happened, though he knew that his presence probably would not have helped any. He knew that Unyevu had left him behind on purpose that day. Unyevu must have known that Chozi would have tried to talk him out of helping Peke escape, from sacrificing himself so that he could make a difference.

"My friend..." A tear streamed down his feathers and he landed on a low treebranch, his head low. "Why did you have to go?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:23 pm
User Image

"Why the long face, my friend?"

The Egyptian vulture tucked her wings close to her body as she landed on the branch next to Chozi. Vultures were slowly starting to come back as familiars, accepted even after the horrible things done by their kind in the events that followed the earthquake. Even so, the pairing of one of his children with a vulture had been enough to rouse some suspicion. Waza seemed somehow immune to whatever whispers followed her and her bonded and tiled her head at the sad bird. "Life got you down?"

"Waza you had better not be pestering other birds." Naamini was frowning, her gaze fixed firmly on her bonded bird. It wasn't necessarily that Waza was always up to no good, but she was quirky enough to get herself in trouble without really meaning to. It was the lioness' job to keep her in check. They didn't need any more rumours spreading about them.

Even from above the resemblance between Naamini and her father was striking. While she lacked her brother's mane, colouration alone made it very clear who had sired her. She had none of her father's cool charm, however. At least in that what she could say she was different.

Chibi Sheepcat

Atheare

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:39 pm
Chozi looked over at Waza without a word, fluffing his feathers before speaking. "Life is fine. It's death that has me down." He said solemnly, shaking his head. "A dear friend of mine has been dead for some time now, but it still pains me. I miss him."

Chozi jumped as he looked at Naamini, rage flaring up in him for a split second as the familiar colors met his eyes. He knew that Msiba had left a lioness pregnant here, but he spent so much time alone these days that he had never met the children. This must be one of them.

"She is not bothering me." Chozi said slowly, unsure of how he should react. Part of him wanted to be angry with the lioness, to hold her father's blame against her, but that was wrong. She may be related to him, but so long as she did not behave like him, Chozi could not justify hating her for it. "You are the child of Msiba, correct?" He stared at her intently, his heart unsure of how he should feel.

"Perhaps you are the one I need to speak with..."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 am
"Aaah, I get you, I get you." The vulture bobbed her head emphatically, tucking her wings close so as not to lose her balance on the branch. "The missing is the worst part. But at least if he's dead he can't suffer or worry no more, you know?" As a creature so closely associated with death, Waza had a unique perspective on it. Death was the source of her life; thus, no death, no life. Still, she could understand the pain caused by broken bonds. It was always unfortunate to lose someone when you enjoyed their company.

Naamini's ears flicked back for a moment, seemingly as unsure as Chozi was about how she should react. If he was talking about the death of a bonded then it was likely his lion had died. Though the chances were infinitively higher that he'd died in the earthquake, it was hard not to get the feeling that her father had somehow been involved. Msiba hadn't killed nearly as many lions as the earthquake had, but that didn't make his crimes any less in the eyes of the pride.

"I am. What is it you wish to speak with me about?"

Chibi Sheepcat

Atheare

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:10 pm
Chozi was surprised at the vulture, but then again he had only had unpleasant experiences with them in the past. Perhaps he was wrong to judge. This female seemed nice, friendly even. All the others he had met were cold, calculating, and devoid of emotion. Best to disregard his past feelings for the species and have a new start with this one.

"Oh, I know." He said solemnly, "Believe me, that is the little comfort I take from his death. He had quite the miserable life. Full of pain and sadness..." Perhaps it was selfish of him to wish he were not dead? Chozi would never want Unyevu to have to suffer any more than he had to, but he wanted him to stay alive long enough for his life to look up, for him to reunite with his family...

He looked at Naamini with soft eyes for a moment before speaking, choosing his words carefully. "You see, my companion, the one that I lost... He was killed by your father." As much as he wanted to be angry with her, take his anger out on her by shouting and screeching, his voice was soft and mournful. "His name was Unyevu. He suffered greatly, most of his pain caused by your father and his sister." He sighed, ruffling his feathers in an attempt to remain calm and civil.

"I just want to be sure that you won't turn out like him. I do not hate you..." He paused, "In fact, I feel a little sorry for you."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:55 am
"Pain makes us appreciate the pleasure, dontcha think?" The vulture grinned and shuffled her wings, getting comfortable on the branch as though she could sense they were about to get into a lengthy conversation. Talk of Msiba always got Naamini's attention, which meant that her bonded would probably stay for as long as this bird could provide her with information about her father.

Naamini's body tensed but that was the only sign she gave that she'd heard what Chozi said. She had heard rumours of course, whispers about all those who had died in the earthquake and at the hands of the interlopers. Nobody had wanted to burden a cub with the knowledge that her father's side was a family of murderers, but the information had always leaked through the cracks. They couldn't help it, not when she and her brother looked so much like him.

" I am sorry for the loss of your bonded but I don't need pity. Neither does Kamau." Always protective of her brother, the lioness eyed Chozi, finally responding. "How do you define not turning out like him?"

Chibi Sheepcat

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff