Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:18 pm
User Image

Perhaps it wasn’t the best plan in the world. But after the other day…well. She thought she’d like to spend more time with her little sister. It was fun, she’d felt like a cub again. A bigger, more dangerous and powerful cub. But playing had been wonderful, even if she had to remember to be careful and gentle. No harm intended.

But this time there might be harm. One never knew on a hunting trip. Limber hadn’t really been invited lately, but that was hardly fair. How would her little sister learn if she never went? Besides, she was good at scenting things, she’d found those weird berries after all. And she could keep a good pace too. So why couldn’t she hunt, hm?

”Sis?” Nikon called, prowling around to where she’d found the lioness last time. They could have more fun today.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:03 pm
User Image
Like always Limber was at the bushes looking for berries. She had just finish up two bracelet and was deciding is she wanted to make more. She smiled. The bracelet were almost a like expect for the largest berry on each of them. One was bigger then the other. Just like Nikon and her. Nikon, was older, bigger, and better, While Limber, was younger, smaller, and not as good.

She smiled, once her sister was around she would giver her, the new bracelet. They were getting along so well since that meeting. It was so nice. Her only and closet friend and it was great. Smiling she hummed a song.

Raspberry Hippos

Dapper Seeker

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Ah, there she was. Playing with plants. Surprise surprise.

"Limber," Nikon sighed, her pawsteps fluid and purposeful as she approached her younger sibling. She was cute, but still. Berries weren't good to eat. Limber would learn to find other things, fast moving with soft flesh and hot blood. Her sister had potential, all she needed was a little guidance.

"I was wondering if you'd come hunting with me today." Wasn't exactly a question, but she was considerate enough to give her sibling a way out. If she wanted it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:39 pm
Smiling when she hear her sister voice, she quickly picked up the baracelet with her paw. She turn around to face her and smiled once again. "Hello there! I'm glad you found me! I made something for you and I hope you will apccet it." he smiling once more.

Moving closer to her sister she show her the bracelets, hoping for a great respond. Looking up she said, "The darker and larger one is yours Nikon! I hope you like it." she said wagging her tail lightly.

Smiling again, because she was so happy that she could finally give her sister the bracelet she was making, she listen to her sister. Her frown turning upside down she nodded her head. If her sister was going to accept what she was making then she would go. "I'll go only if we can wear the bracelet while hunting," he said getting over her sister request.

Raspberry Hippos

Dapper Seeker

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:51 pm

Nikon blinked as her little sister bounced up so eagerly. Of course, she'd moved before she'd mentioned hunting, otherwise she would have been pleased by Limber's enthusiasm. But it was directed at her still, just in regards to something else. A bracelet.

The lioness looked quizzically at the string of berries. She vaguely appreciated that her sibling had made it for her...but it looked...breakable. Still...maybe she liked it. Kind of. Just a little.

"...wouldn't it be better to wear them after?" she said finally, "I don't want to break it, and I'm afraid I might if I do."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:09 pm
Watching her sister go from ok, to confused her heart dropped. She hope that she didn't hate it or was confused about it. It would look so good on her and she would just cry if she hated it.

Looking up to her sister with almost tears in her eyes, she smiled as Nikon talked. Nodded she smiled. "Yes! That's a good idea! I wouldn't want them to break." she said running over and hugging her sister.

Raspberry Hippos

Dapper Seeker

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Oookay, Limber was being girly again. Not to say that Nikon wasn't...female...ish... But she didn't get emotional like her sister did. Buisness was business after all.

"Yeah, okay," she tried, nuzzling her younger sibling back and feeling somewhat awkward about it. "Do you want to put them somewhere safe before we go?" Otherwise a bird or something might eat them, and then Limber would probably be really upset...

...emotions. They were a bit of a bother. Hard to deal with. Poor Limber was stuck with them it seemed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Smiling as her sister nuzzle her, she gently hugged her tighter. This was a side of Nikon that she didn't see before and she loved it. Nuzzling back she smile with tears of joy in her eyes. "I'm so glad you love them" she said smiling up to her.

Nodding in agreement she smiled again.She was so happy that her sister was so smart. She would of never thought about that. "You're so smart Nikon. I wish I could be half as smart as you were." he said with a sweet loving smile.

Raspberry Hippos

Dapper Seeker

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:19 pm

She loved them? When did she say that? Well...she supposed it hardly matter how she felt about the things. Sure she didn't see the point, but it seemed to make Limber happy. That was good enough for now.

Coughing awkwardly, Nikon disentangled herself from her much sweeter sibling. "Uh, right, so...put them somewhere safe and then we'll go."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:04 pm
Nodding at her sister, she did so. Walking to one of the biggest bush she went down and a dig a small hole. Placing them in it and piling the dirt back on them. Smiling she look at the bush, taking leave and placing on the dirt pile for she could remember when she placed them. Looking around she saw a small pebble and grab it and placed it on the leave for it would blow away. Getting back up she walk back over to her sister, smiling.

"Ok, Nikon I think I'm ready to go" he said with a sweet smile.

Raspberry Hippos

Dapper Seeker

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:09 pm

It seemed a bit odd to bury the things, wouldn't they be smushed by the weight of the dirt? And hadn't Limber been upset only the other day when they got dirty? Ah well, what did Nikon know about berries and bracelets.

"Good, let's go," she declared, turning with a lash of her tail and stalking off across the territories. Her pace was brisk and, unlike her fishing adventure with the cub, she didn't bother to try checking her speed for Limber. Her sister was an adult, at least as large as Nikon. She ought to be able to keep up.

Her body slung low as she caught a scent, instinct acting to make her harder to see but able to move just as swiftly. It was an actual effort to bite her tongue, watching to see if Limber noticed or just kept blundering along. She'd not been hunting with her sister for some time now, surely there was something wrong with her technique that she was so poor at it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:12 am
Watching her sister take off she sallow in some air and let it out. True she was older and stronger but she was that fast. Not even that close to fast when comparing to her sister. Sighing she took off, on trailing behind slightly. She smiled, maybe she wasn't that slow.

Watching her sister from a bit of a distant, she saw that she was getting down low and Limber followed. Moving down low and trying to sniff what was making her sister go down like that. Catching the scent of the game she smile, she was getting better even though she was just copying her sister.

Raspberry Hippos

Dapper Seeker

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 pm

Ah, perfect. See, Limber was capable of scenting prey, or at least following the lead or picking up social cues. And she'd kept up fairly well, and been quiet too. So what was the problem?

The lioness' tail switched as she began to prowl stealthily forward. Gazelle. Small enough that if Limber should er, she wasn't as likely to wind up seriously hurt. Now, if they'd been after, say, giraffes or water buffalo...

"You lead," Nikon muttered at her sibling. If she watched, she'd be able to better see where and what mistakes the other made. Then they could work on correcting them. Simple, right? Right.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:18 pm
"You Lead" ringed in Limber's ears. Oh no! this was going to be horrible. She was going to watch her sister do and then copy it.She was good at copying, but leading. Leading! That was different, way different.

He heart started to race. Ok she could do this.She did this a lot. And Actually she was pretty good if she took her time. She wanted to impress her sister right?

Keeping low she move slowly in to the ground. She gently push her butt in the air and ran to attack, striking at the neck like many said. Grabbing a hold of it her teeth push in as her mouth fell up with blood, striking to the ground she let go and slowly lift her head to watch it slowly die. looking back to her sister she wondering if she was doing a good job.

Raspberry Hippos

Dapper Seeker

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:43 pm

Hm. Her rump was a bit high, but she ran quick enough and her strikes weren't bad either. Nikon ignored the others as they fled, watching her sister take her prey down and...look...away...

Her lip lifted slightly, crinkling her nose in disapproval as she prowled with a rapid pace towards where her sister's almost-kill lay bleeding out. "Make it a clean kill," she snapped, lifting a paw to crush the dying gazelle's neck with a powerful crunch. "If it's still moving, it can still hurt someone. And don't look away from what you're doing!" She lifted her paw once the animal had been still for a while, looking at her younger sibling critically. "You're quick enough, but still sloppy."

It was...almost...a compliment. Almost.

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces