Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Crossplay..is it wrong? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

III_Samus_III

1,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:15 pm
is it wrong...because i dont think it is!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:05 pm
What ever gave you that idea to start with? For me, it looks fun and I want to try it one day, but wrong? No. Overall, it's just cosplay, not really a big deal in my opinion.

lilith_loituma

Kasai_Haigara

Devoted Guildsman

11,025 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 pm
III_Samus_III
is it wrong...because i dont think it is!

I am a guy and I believe it may seem weird but I think it is ok. I see no problem with it, just a bit weird. I honestly would never do it but I think it is ok. Have fun if you ever do it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:28 pm
I crossplay because I tend to like more male characters than I do female characters. Also, guys get to wear more comfortable clothes for the most part.

Obviously, I don't think it's wrong. It's fun and comfy! And I've seen some spectacular male-as-female character cosplay. If your having fun, then I don't think it matters.  

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

Zombeficent

Hygienic Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:30 pm
Dressing up in costume is dressing up in costume, doesn't make much difference whether you're the same gender or another one.

I don't crossplay because I'd look silly, but I've seen excellent crossplays before.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:34 pm
nope, I think they are funny and sometimes epic. I would never do it because I don't think I can pull it off (pics of me in pro)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

III_Samus_III

1,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:15 pm
I only asked because when i went to AX in L. A this past 4th of july weekend..there were some crossplayas...i would have never guessed that some of the guys were girls...i was amazed....even my dad was samus...i dont feel so strange about it now...some people complemented him on playing her as samus too!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:41 pm
if its done right it can look great. and im not agaisnt it at all  

animeobsessed7

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:09 pm
Wielder of Mighty Pencil!
I crossplay because I tend to like more male characters than I do female characters. Also, guys get to wear more comfortable clothes for the most part.

Obviously, I don't think it's wrong. It's fun and comfy! And I've seen some spectacular male-as-female character cosplay. If your having fun, then I don't think it matters.

I agree. I like more male characters so I mostly want to be them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:13 am
Its only wrong if you are like me, a straight male, and see a hawt cosplay and your thinking damn that girl is sexy, then you find out its a male...  

Doom27

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:37 am
Meh, who cares if you crossplay? ^^

Fun fact, Puerto Rico is homophobe island. Men dress like women for halloween. Make a comment and they shoot you on the head. I crossplayed for a small con... Those same men haven't stopped talking crap about me since.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:15 am
I say if it's done right it's awesome but if done wrong than it's embarassing, either way it's cosplay with a twist  

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

No_Pun_Intended

Alien Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:50 am
This may sound cliche, but if crossplay is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
Finding female characters that I look like is hard. *boyish*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:10 pm
I crossplay all the time! Binding can be annoying, but it's a load of fun. I also crossplay, because the boys are cooler. I cosplay only one girl at the moment, but she isn't heard of much so I can bend her temperament a bit. Otherwise I act like a boy (and kinda look like one) most of the time.  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 pm
III_Samus_III
I only asked because when i went to AX in L. A this past 4th of july weekend..there were some crossplayas...i would have never guessed that some of the guys were girls...i was amazed....even my dad was samus...i dont feel so strange about it now...some people complemented him on playing her as samus too!
LOL, I think I saw him XD  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces