Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Does downloading give viruses???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 am
Ok. On my old comp I had a lot of things for the Sims downloaded. And I got lots of viruses. But I have a new laptop now, and I'm just wondering if downloading things for the sims will give me a virus, or if I got a virus from something else. So will I get a virus if I download some stuff for The Sims???  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:05 pm
If it's from the official Sims website (for Sims 3) then there's not really any chance of getting viruses.

If it's from random Sims items sites, there's a possibility, especially if the site looks unreliable. But I'm not entirely sure downloading items for the Sims was the only cause of you get viruses. Perhaps something else did it too.

And no, I'm no expert. This just sort of made sense to me.

Novasurge

Versatile Man-Lover

8,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Maerua

Saint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:49 pm
Pretty much what the guy above me said, except that you should have a good functioning up-to-date anti-virus program on your computer too. (And maybe an adblocker too. Some bad advertisements carry all kinds of malware and don't get filtered out by the ad company.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:06 pm
My comp can't take Sims 3' so I don't use that.
It's from random sites... So I hope it's just from other things. If I get viruses on my new laptop, my parents will kill me D:
I'll try to get a upp-to-date anti-virus program, thanks!  

The FoxyTrot

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff