Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
UPDATE: I Think I May Have Figured Out the BG Problem! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:26 am
I check the profits of my three tanks every 24 hours. The profit is way down. I made less gold in the last two days than I usually make in 8 hours! The only conclusion I can come to is that Gaia is screwing up our glow times. This has nothing to do with DMv2 having shut down, because although I didn't make as much money after it shut down, Sunday and Monday's profit from my tanks dropped drastically. Neither do I believe that many people all of a sudden quit playing booty grab.

This isn't fair to those who have paid real money for fish, or those who have spent hours and hours playing BG in order to buy fish on the marketplace. I've done both. If I didn't have my tanks on so many BG threads I'd put my fish in storage until they quit this nonsense!

UPDATE - Wednesday: I wrote a post in the public forums titled "HAVING TROUBLE PLAYING BOOTY GRAB?" It appears that people are having trouble playing and that unless you have a direct link to your tank it's nearly impossible for some people to play, which is probably the reason I've been losing money as I didn't have direct links to my tanks. I do now, and I'll find out tomorrow if things have improved or not. Problem is, not everyone knows that clicking on a direct link may be necessary in order to play.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:16 am
Yeah I hear the same across the board. I do believe gaia is still working on this issue because mainly people need a direct link to play the tanks well majority of users are saying that.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

HellsHollywood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:27 am
Gail, may I ask how much of a drop are you talking?

I've been tracking the earnings for 20-30 tanks for the past 4 weeks and have noticed a small but steady decline in most dolphin tank earnings, but some other tanks are still holding steady. A friend of mine has been tracking glow times for 9 tanks and they have not changed from the 2-3:30 range.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 am
well thats no good! make DM folow these rules and make a compromise and still screw you guys over. that sucks! stressed  

dragonassbabe

Distinct Browser

4,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Hygienic 200

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:52 am
HellsHollywood

I've been tracking the earnings for 20-30 tanks for the past 4 weeks and have noticed a small but steady decline in most dolphin tank earnings, but some other tanks are still holding steady. A friend of mine has been tracking glow times for 9 tanks and they have not changed from the 2-3:30 range.

I have three tanks: Dusty Golightly's, a mixed tank that the Analyzer today says will drop 4,300 although three of my fish wont drop anything, Bluebelle Babe's & my tanks are full dolphins that consistantly drop over 7,000 gold. Now to answer your question, on Sunday and Monday all three tanks only made 76,430 gold in 48 hours, but for the same days last week they made 238,357 gold! That's quite a drop, don't you agree? sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:54 am
dragonassbabe
well thats no good! make DM folow these rules and make a compromise and still screw you guys over. that sucks! stressed

Indeed it does!  

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

HellsHollywood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:01 am
GailAnne Munchkin
HellsHollywood

I have three tanks: Dusty Golightly's, a mixed tank that the Analyzer today says will drop 4,300 although three of my fish wont drop anything, Bluebelle Babe's & my tanks are full dolphins that consistantly drop over 7,000 gold. Now to answer your question, on Sunday and Monday all three tanks only made 76,430 gold in 48 hours, but for the same days last week they made 238,357 gold! That's quite a drop, don't you agree? sad

That does seem strange. Is it possible your tanks went inactive? I track earnings in 7-day periods because the number of grabbers fluctuates throughout the week (weekends usually being the best for tank earnings).

Are you looking at the "Best Reasonable Score"? Cuz that and "Max Score" mean nothing.... seriously... especially for dolphin tanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 am
Maybe get some hard numbers and post in the site feedback about it. Record your profits (and even tank visits) for each 24 hour period of time.  

_xX Es-One Xx_
Captain

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:57 am
HellsHollywood
GailAnne Munchkin
HellsHollywood

That does seem strange. Is it possible your tanks went inactive? I track earnings in 7-day periods because the number of grabbers fluctuates throughout the week (weekends usually being the best for tank earnings).

Are you looking at the "Best Reasonable Score"? Cuz that and "Max Score" mean nothing.... seriously... especially for dolphin tanks.

I played one of my tanks yesterday and again today, so no, they didn't go inactive. As far as what they drop, yes, I'm looking at how much they can drop during the next game, and I'm also looking to see how many fish are inactive. Lately the dolphins have been active but the mini-monster tank always shows that some of my minis won't drop anything at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 am
_xX Es-One Xx_
Maybe get some hard numbers and post in the site feedback about it. Record your profits (and even tank visits) for each 24 hour period of time.

I can do that, Es, except I don't know how to track tank visits.  

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

HellsHollywood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:11 am
GailAnne Munchkin
HellsHollywood
GailAnne Munchkin
HellsHollywood

I played one of my tanks yesterday and again today, so no, they didn't go inactive. As far as what they drop, yes, I'm looking at how much they can drop during the next game, and I'm also looking to see how many fish are inactive. Lately the dolphins have been active but the mini-monster tank always shows that some of my minis won't drop anything at all.

I don't think any monsters glow 100% of the time now. Dolphins still do, however.

@ tank visits - hover your mouse over the summary section in the lower left of the analyzer page.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:44 am
HellsHollywood
GailAnne Munchkin
HellsHollywood
GailAnne Munchkin
HellsHollywood

I don't think any monsters glow 100% of the time now. Dolphins still do, however.

@ tank visits - hover your mouse over the summary section in the lower left of the analyzer page.

Thanks! I'll start tracking visits tomorrow (Wednesday morning). I'll post my stats next Wednesday in the feedback section as Es suggested, after having tracked visits and gold for one week.  

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

glengrin

Alien Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:17 pm
I hope they haven't nerfed things too badly. One thing I noticed ironically, is that tanks glowing the last 2 days have been much more frequent than before.

So I am really interested in seeing what you found out.

I also noticed that sometimes games concluded before the end, drastically cutting down scores; that seems to be a new bg glitch.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 pm
This is a real pain. My tank only makes about 3-5k a day >:0 And 1 glow (Or so) a day.  

Podium
Crew

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:08 am
Podium
This is a real pain. My tank only makes about 3-5k a day >:0 And 1 glow (Or so) a day.

I really do believe they're screwing with the glow time!  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff