Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
"Post Action" not working in guild forums.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mutilated Sanity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:19 pm
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if it isn't, could a moderator of this guild move it to the correct forum for me?
Thank you.

Anyways, I have a dice roll contest every week in my guild, and last week no one participated.
Nothing too out of the ordinary, as I'm still working on reviving my guild.
However, I just got a message from my friend on MSN, with him telling me why he thinks no one participated in the last week.
As it turns out, there seems to be a slight coding error.
If you try to use the "Roll Dice" or "Random Number" option in (guild) forum posts, it doesn't work properly.
I don't know if it's just mine and my friend's computers or what, but I thought I'd post this and see if anyone else was having the same problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 pm
They really, should not have messed with the post settings....
stare  

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:43 pm
don't worry a friend of mine had 2 developers post in a fead back fourm 1 said he's going to look into the bug with the post style and the other said there slowly updating the guilds to get it caught up with the rest of the sight. he said slowly because the guilds haven't had a good update for a while and thay can't just do a few tweaks to the code to fix it up  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 pm
gecloud
don't worry a friend of mine had 2 developers post in a fead back fourm 1 said he's going to look into the bug with the post style and the other said there slowly updating the guilds to get it caught up with the rest of the sight. he said slowly because the guilds haven't had a good update for a while and thay can't just do a few tweaks to the code to fix it up

Thanks for that bit of info.
I think if this option isn't working by tomorrow, I'll send an announcement to my members.
Once again, thanks for letting me know :3

Mutilated Sanity

mamarita generated a random number between 1 and 20 ... 9!

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:00 am
why not try it here and we can see if it works!

Edit- the random number works!  
mamarita rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:02 am
let's try the dice game

Edit- the dice game is working here but I did notice that you have to submit to get the actual game loaded, then put in the parameters, like the number of dice, etc and then submit again. That isn't right so the developers need to fix that!  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

diversaurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:02 am
Mutilated Sanity
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if it isn't, could a moderator of this guild move it to the correct forum for me?
Thank you.

Anyways, I have a dice roll contest every week in my guild, and last week no one participated.
Nothing too out of the ordinary, as I'm still working on reviving my guild.
However, I just got a message from my friend on MSN, with him telling me why he thinks no one participated in the last week.
As it turns out, there seems to be a slight coding error.
If you try to use the "Roll Dice" or "Random Number" option in (guild) forum posts, it doesn't work properly.
I don't know if it's just mine and my friend's computers or what, but I thought I'd post this and see if anyone else was having the same problem.

hmm, this may be related to the upgraded posting editor we pushed out last week. let me go investigate and get back to ya'll next week. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:48 am
Thanks diversaurus  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Tari Death Reaper D_W

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:03 pm
being as my guild is a dice basied RPG this completly shuts my guild down for the time being  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:14 am
Tari Death Reaper D_W
being as my guild is a dice basied RPG this completly shuts my guild down for the time being

gosh, is it still broken?
apologies, i've been working to get the guilds stuff certified by our testing ninjas here and haven't had time to look into it. gack.  

diversaurus

diversaurus rolled 4 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 5, 6 Total: 21 (4-40)

diversaurus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:17 am
Tari Death Reaper D_W

please try again, i just created a test topic with dice rolls and it worked fine.  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games